Ecclesiastes

70922 The Joker Manor

I love the little details in this set. From the 20:00 minutes on the microwave to the eye which they try to avoid the license here but we all know who that’s supposed to be. I wish you could have done both options for the manor 

What do the red things in front of the house do? Are they giant boxing gloves?

I just have to say i really love some of the Jokers details. Those bombs at the entrance, the hollywood glamour entrance itself, the Joker billboard, and the Haha! letters. The tower just doesn't work for me.

But you know what, the front looks good (good for afols) and it is super playable from the back (good for kids), so job well done. Sadly a lot of stickers as well.

Though I'm mostly into technic, I am a huge fan of all the big sets LEGO releases (2000+ pieces). I would say this is awesome! This would clearly appeal to a younger demographic much more than a Wayne Manor, so kudos to LEGO for the strategic move. I personally think that while it is just so with the cool, it lacks proper collector's value, which would explain the overall dismay. I also disagree with the overpricedness, the 42056 is the same price but contains 740 pieces less.  

The pricing is equal to $380 in Norway, so you people might not complain. :blush: But this awesome construction is still a day one purchase for sure! Maybe even two so the rollercoaster can be expanded. Can`t wait!

While it is a nice looking set with some great details and some awesome minifigures, this leaves me somewhat underwhelmed. It does not look like 3400 parts.

Compare it to "Ninjago City". For 30€ more, you get six more minifigures, over 1400 more parts, and definitely more eyecandy and playvalue. I will get NC,as I feel I get my moneys worth with it. So far I'm not sure about JM though.

18 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Compare it to "Ninjago City". For 30€ more, you get six more minifigures, over 1400 more parts, and definitely more eyecandy and playvalue. I will get NC,as I feel I get my moneys worth with it. So far I'm not sure about JM though.

You have to consider the cost of licensing when comparing a theme Lego owns and one it doesn’t. Yes, WB have benefitted greatly from this union, but it’s not personal, it’s just business.

27 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

While it is a nice looking set with some great details and some awesome minifigures, this leaves me somewhat underwhelmed. It does not look like 3400 parts.

Also, I don't really think it's fair to compare the minifigures themselves. The Ninjago figures are lovely, but they don't really bring anything new to the table other than printing (I'm not 100% sure though!). The Batman figures contain dual moulded legs, dual moulded arms, capes, a new piece and old pieces in updated colours. (Like Batgirls headgear and her belt in white :D )  

Seems this is really a love it or hate it type of reactions. Personally I love the set. Wayne Manor looks wonderful, and the zany Joker decorations are great too. Lots of interior details I'm also liking. Couple of more notes:

- I went back to the movie scene. That isn't the Eye of Sauron on top, there actually was a different eye in the movie.

- I'm a little disappointed that Alfred doesn't have his cowl. It's actually different from the 1966 Batman, it also has a mustache printed on.

- The reused minifigs aren't terrible in my opinion. They are all the versions that were in that scene, and there's enough other exclusive minifigs to satisfy me. Only one I would have liked was Agent Smith, considering Matrix is R which makes him not as likely to be put in a set for kids, however this set was specifically designed for older builders.

- Of course, the rollercoaster! That looks sweet! Can't wait to see how those will be used in the future.

- Does anyone know what pushing the big green piece in the Joker hair does? There's a picture showing to push it but I can't figure out the purpose.

Overall, I really like this one. I will try to get it someday (just bought the '66 Batcave so I'll hold on for a while, but hopefully this will be around for a bit) and make a killer display of this, Jokerland, and the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape.

4 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Does anyone know what pushing the big green piece in the Joker hair does? There's a picture showing to push it but I can't figure out the purpose

It opens the trap door that sends the figure down and through the mouth slide.

Rollercoaster pieces are cool.  They'll eventually end up in other sets.  I don't think LEGO would invest in a new track mold for just one set.  Maybe we'll see purple tracks in Friends sets.  :classic:

The price is honestly better than I expected. Still pretty expensive, but for a licensed set it could definitely be worse. The only figs I already own out of the the ones included are Batman and Harley, but I agree that it should be a Batman varaiant rather than the typical one. There’s no way anybody’s buying this doesn’t already own one. Batgirl should be in one of her alternative costumes rather than her usual attire. 

The build is amazingly Andy I’m surprised at how faithful it looks. Not to mention how many details are packed in.

Hoepful that FAF Alfred is included in the CMF with his guitar. 

The colorful eye-tower isn't supposed to represent the Eye of Sauron. The building actually had that when Joker took it over in the movie.

5 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Did anyone else notice the fun house mirrors use a new "wavy" panel piece? Or is it just me?

Nope, you're right! *huh*

Shucks, that just totally escaped my attention, I do wonder now if they were made in mind for this set or something else. 

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Rollercoaster pieces are cool.  They'll eventually end up in other sets.  I don't think LEGO would invest in a new track mold for just one set.  Maybe we'll see purple tracks in Friends sets.  :classic:

I'm thinking these track parts are going to be used in a potential Creator Expert rollercoaster set for next year to complement the past three fairground sets.

Well I think I might buy some of those minifigures but the set just isn't doing it for me. It looks fun but if I had to choose between what I display I wouldn't choose this. 

I will still buy this, but I have a couple complaints:

#1 Not being able to change it to regular Wayne Manor.

#2 Minifig choices, I don't know why TLG didn't include any of the Phantom Zone villains: Agent Smith, Jaws, skeleton, Medusa, Dalek, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Voldemort, T-Rex, Raptors, Gremlins, Mummy, all these villains were in Wayne Manor when Joker took over and we know TLG is a partner with WB otherwise we wouldn't have Dimension sets.

P.S. I didn't include Eye of Sauron, King Kong or The Krakken, because their to big and I didn't include the Wicked Witch with Flying Monkeys because their already in a set.

I would have loved if they simply did the Wayne Manor. But still it is a good looking set. A lot of details and I love the rollercoaster that goes arround. I wish to see that in another theme. Maybe I'll pick up tis set if I find it on good discount or double/triple VIP points. 

15 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Exactly, yes. No doubt about it. This is that scale. It's the one, yep. That's true.

No, I'm actually a bit underwhelmed by this set. I don't know why. It looks smaller than I know it has to be based on my size knowledge of bricks that we all have a base of in our minds. 

Oh.My.God.

I'm so sorry, I forgot how big the one in the movie was.If it was 1:1 scale, it would be close to 100k bricks!Maybe even more!

oh god the rollercoaster! finally some official pieces to build one! I'm looking forward to play with those, see what kind of connections can be made etc.

This is a nice set, if they included an easy way to turn it into regular Wayne Manor I would have been sold. I would like to see someone turn this set into two separate parts; a WM and Jokerland that would be cool.

Edit found this: 

Edited by Foxes Productionz