Ecclesiastes

70922 The Joker Manor

36658702653_0d94b751c6_c.jpg

70922 The Joker™ Manor

Ages 14+.  3,444 pieces.

US $269.99 - CA $349.99 - DE 269.99€ - UK £249.99 - DK 2299.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Launch date for The Joker™ Manor at shop.LEGO.com and LEGO Stores is on Black Friday, November 24th

Dare to enter The Joker™ Manor!

Help Batman™, Barbara Gordon, Alfred Pennyworth™ (in his classic Batsuit) and Nightwing™ regain control of the jokerized Wayne Manor with this massive THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE set. The Joker™ Manor is packed with iconic details from the movie and cool functions, including a rollercoaster encircling the whole building, a huge buildable The Joker head with trapdoor and slide, punching boxing gloves, a rocking ‘The Joker’ sign and rotating ‘big eye’ tower. The interior includes a cinema room with a romantic DVD element, kitchen with buildable microwave plus lobster and lemon-slice decorated tile elements, living room with a buildable grand piano, fireplace and bust, swimming pool room, and a music studio with guitar element and buildable mixing desk and loudspeakers. Build this magnificent manor and then recreate your favorite scenes from the movie with 10 included minifigures.

• Includes 10 minifigures: The Joker™, Batman™, Barbara Gordon, Harley Quinn™, Nightwing™, Alfred Pennyworth™ Classic Batsuit, Disco Batman™, Disco The Joker™, Disco Batgirl™ and Disco Robin™.

• Features a grand entrance flanked by 2 buildable bombs with translucent spark-style elements, 2-level and 3-level towers with turrets and flag elements on top, a rollercoaster track and train with 3 cars (each with a minifigure seat), rotating ‘big eye’ tower with lever-operated iris to ‘look’ up and down, huge buildable The Joker™ head with trapdoor and slide, rocking ‘The Joker’ sign, ‘Ha! Ha!’ sign, 2 wheel-operated punching boxing gloves, plus many multicolored, translucent light-style decorative elements.

• Activate the trapdoor to send a minifigure tumbling from the top of the The Joker™ head, down the slide and out through the mouth.

• Interior includes an entrance hall with 4 plastic, bendy ‘mirror’ elements; living room with a buildable grand piano and stool, bust, and fireplace with translucent-red fire-style elements; cinema room with a screen, minifigure seat and assorted elements including a romantic DVD; kitchen with cup, pot and pan elements, and a buildable microwave with lobster, lemon and plate elements inside; music studio with a buildable mixing desk and loudspeakers, seat and a guitar element; swimming pool room with translucent-blue water-style elements; and an attic with 2 buildable boxes and a rat figure.

• Weapons include Batman’s Batarang, Barbara Gordon’s revolver and Harley Quinn’s bat.

• Disco Batman™, Disco The Joker™, Disco Batgirl™ and Disco Robin™ minifigures are new!

• Recreate and reimagine memorable scenes from THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE.

• The Joker™ Manor measures over 21” (55cm) high, 25” (66cm) wide and 10” (27cm) deep.

• Rollercoaster train measures over 1” (3cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.

37281073956_90657ae673_c.jpg

37281066416_ca3abd90f6_c.jpg

37281078346_1734f48877_c.jpg

37071823710_b643fe43ac_c.jpg

36618690784_a441cb6a2a_c.jpg

36618690014_567d5060ee_c.jpg

36618689574_51f14588f3_c.jpg

36618688624_3f5162f6e5_c.jpg

36618683664_53c1958aa3_c.jpg

36618684664_8fae081863_c.jpg

36618685934_5f536619f3_c.jpg

36618686764_b81c07065f_c.jpg

36618682304_c1084350cd_c.jpg

36618681684_019b54aa25_c.jpg

36618679634_38ed08dac0_c.jpg

36618677404_e07828000d_c.jpg

36658702903_31c4db228f.jpg36658703373_7a16556f0e.jpg37071828530_af0b6bf0b1.jpg36658704043_fafa78e4bb.jpg36658704373_d343507057.jpg36658704683_e914d5f2d9.jpg36658705133_83036f06a9.jpg37281049356_5f07873061.jpg37281051356_cb0cd8123c.jpg36658706523_7cd8409449.jpg

Okay...

I've loved the TLBM sets. I have all of them. I've loved lego making big AFOL sets in greater number.

But...this is surely too much? The sheer number of sets has got a bit beyond a joke. This is a 3,400 brick set, one of the largest ever made, and it's just not that good. It's a gimmick with the piece count of a UCS star destroyer. It's like Lego are hurling everything they can at a shelf.

There can't be enough AFOLs to sustain so many huge sets? I can't find space for 10+ a year...

It's pretty weak that we get recycled figs too, let's not pretend it was a result of 'cost' issues.

Edited by DrasticPlastic

Thats really cool. I love the amount of clownish madness they put into it. Especially the facade is really good. The price... Goes quite a bit beyond where it should be. Pity.

Just now, Littleworlds said:

Thats really cool. I love the amount of clownish madness they put into it. Especially the facade is really good. The price... Goes quite a bit beyond where it should be. Pity.

Destiny's Bounty - £109.99 for 2200 bricks...C'mon Lego!

I'm not sure how Lego could have reduced the parts count, and therefore the price, without getting complaints as well. Make it smaller? ... then its not a Mansion house. Replace the lettering with stickers? ... Stickers are bad. No roller coaster? ... Not very accurate.

I have limited display space in our small house, so I usually keep big sets together for like a month and then break them down, bag them, and put them in tubs. The benefit is that if I can always rebuild them for fun later.

Edited by gotoAndLego

The roller coaster looks awesome. Are these pieces new? And the funhouse mirror pieces? Are those new too? 

To be honest, it isn't the best set, but it does feel like closure for tlbm. And it looks like with some alterations you can easily make a decent wayne manor. Don't know if the tower represents the eye of sauron, but it doesnt really look like it (maybe that is a license thingy?)

I wonder if they thought about connecting the earlier batcave to it somehow. 

Figs look good. Dualmoulded legs in new colours and the white versions look stunning. 

Lego stahp! My wallet can only handle so much! Between millennium falcon, Ninjago city, assembly square, silent Mary, disney castle, and so many others... I can't handle it! 

Easy pass. Disco figures are nice, but I’d be much more interested if it was the regular mansion. This one is just too messy and chaotic, wouldn’t look good on display.

Can’t wait for someone to mod out all the Joker decorations, this would look great on a hill overlooking the modular buildings. :wub: 

Piano and microwave look nice though, I might have to Bricklink those.

Forever Sorting 2 tile from the Palace Cinema is great as well. :laugh:

What a huge letdown. I was really hoping for a proper Wayne Manor, but to looks of it there isn't even one underneath all that Joker biz.

Glad they recycled most figs and that the rest is just a weird varaint, so I can pass.

51 minutes ago, Jody Meyer said:

As Awesome as this is $349.00 Cad...:sceptic: gonna have to pass...:sadnew:...

An 80$ difference from US$ to CAN$ at this price range... I've never seen this. 

That and the number of sets based on the movie is getting out of hands. 

Just now, Cobb said:

What a huge letdown. I was really hoping for a proper Wayne Manor, but to looks of it there isn't even one underneath all that Joker biz.

Glad they recycled most figs and that the rest is just a weird varaint, so I can pass.

Agreed. I think the set looks fantastic but I too would prefer a proper Wayne Manor. And I already have the Joker Funhouse and Jokerland sets. I don't need yet another building decked out in Joker paraphernalia.

Hmmm - Looks like a great unique fun set w/ that full coaster, but yeah.  Waaaay too much moolah for me.

This looks incredible. A lot of fun details and play features. The few recycled figs will go to my daughter since she won't have them yet. The new figs look fun.

The roller coaster will be fun, although I may just wait for the inevitable roller coaster set next summer then (LEGO would be stupid not to release one considering new molds and a yearly Fair/Amusement Park theme).

I don't love the price, but that seems to be what LEGO likes making these days. Seeing this makes me glad I didn't pick up Arkham or the GBHQ. Too much money being thrown at LEGO these days. I'll still have to wait and see what the new Modular is, but this may become part of my early 2018 shopping list.

I agree with the above comments that a proper Wayne manor would have been more appealing.  No way I will spend that amount on a wacky build.  Got to bricklink the disco figs...

2 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

Is it 1:1 scale to the movie?

Exactly, yes. No doubt about it. This is that scale. It's the one, yep. That's true.

No, I'm actually a bit underwhelmed by this set. I don't know why. It looks smaller than I know it has to be based on my size knowledge of bricks that we all have a base of in our minds. 

So I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who would've preferred a traditional Wayne Manor? We already got two Joker themed hideouts and this is the first time in the 10+ years that Lego has had the Batman property that we FINALLY get a Wayne Manor in some form, though modifying this and swapping out all the pieces doesn't look too hard.

That $349 CAD price though...

Edited by MisterBatfleck

Looks fantastic IMO! Lots of creative brick sculpting and lettering, new roller coaster and funhouse mirror elements, unique play features, a super distinctive overall design, and filling in several major gaps in the movie theme's minifigure selection! All for a very reasonable 7.2 cents per piece. That's not even touching on the creative callbacks like the "Forever Sorting 2" DVD box!

I feel like this is way more enticing than a plain Wayne Manor set, and the reason is it's distinctiveness. Besides the Batcave, which was released in a separate set, Wayne Manor is basically just a big empty mansion. You could release a set like that as a Creator Expert set without any superhero characters and with a different name and many people wouldn't know the difference. But this set design really encapsulates what makes The LEGO Batman Movie (and Batman's world in general) unique from our own — the persistent influence of heroes and villains with larger-than-life personalities and practically absurd visual identities. It's the same as how a Batmobile set would inevitably have much more appeal than a set of an ordinary luxury car that happens to belong to Bruce Wayne. Besides that, it's WAY easier to convert the elaborately decorated Joker Manor into the much plainer Wayne Manor than the other way around,

To all the people complaining about there being too many huge $200+ sets lately… LEGO doesn't design sets at this price point expecting people to try and get all of them.

I think it looks like a ton of fun, I'm looking forward to building this and playing with that new track. The price does seem too high, maybe it will drop eventually like the bat cave did.

I really wish the Joker stuff was an option. Just a bunch of add-ons that came with the set. At least the figures are decent.

But seriously, I thought the 60s Batcave was expensive...

The best thing in this set is the new rail system. I will buy one copy of the set and try to create a suspension railway.