Xon67

Assembling Flatbush Gulch

The saloon

40770342231_f586e6e5d8_c.jpg

This was a tricky one.  I worked on this over the course of several months.  It has a very irregular shape.  The video game version is very different than the screen version, so it wasn't much help in filling in any hard to see areas.  I'll post another view of this and then I think I'm finished with recreating the buildings of Flatbush Gulch.

Wow!! Super impressive build there @Xon67.... Glad I didn't attempt a real world build of this, maybe the front entrance one day... However I really like the interior bar area, that would look great built!

@NDLG80. Thanks!  It ended up being a lot bigger than I was expecting.  I've been trying to decide if I have enough reference for the inside.  I'd like to give it a try.  LDD doesn't have the Fabuland heads to put up on the walls (too bad!).  Maybe in time....

For now, here's another view of the front of the saloon.

40770343931_eb118f13ff_c.jpg

Amazing work as always Xon67. The movie was on TV the other day and I didn't remember how huge the saloon was, really impressive work recreating it :thumbup:. "Howdy guys! Don't sit on me!"

Xon67

You sir/madam are a true genius. I have only recently discovered this (and the assembling bricksberg) thread, and I am astounded how much of the movie you have been able to recreate. I watched the movie again the other day and just took mental notes of how much you have that is spot on :) Very well done indeed.

I am in the process of recreating Wyldstyles Pig Wagon to add to my collection for an upcoming show at our national Museum, and would find it very help full if you can post some shots of the side and top of the pig wagon so I can fill in some blanks.

I have three weeks till the show so I hope to post some images (maybe even in-build process).

Cheers

ionman

Edited by ionman99
spelling errors

@ionman99. Glad to help!  I'm pleasantly surprised at the attention WyldStyle's wagon has received, especially since it's been more than for years since the movie came out.  Here ya go!

27523446068_432d437fa1_c.jpg

27523447418_cbc87c41c6_c.jpg

41350650352_c4feefec43_c.jpg

@Xon67 This movie should gain attention for much longer than 4 years, as much as I enjoyed the Batman/Ninjago versions, this one will always be the best!!
And the Pig Wagon is such a cool vehicle as its so different to most Lego vehicles around... I'm gonna have to revisit some stability issues with mine as I'm afraid to move it much coz its so fragile :-(

Also I was thinking recently that rumours of Lego Movie sequel being released Feb 8th 2019... which means all new sets starting to surface as soon as Christmas this year!!! WOOHOO!!!
Plus with a CMF series in Jan/Feb too I will need to complete all my Lego Movie 1 wishlist builds before it comes out....
Soooo any chance you have started work on the Submarine at all??.... hint.. hint ;-) I am hoping to be able to build the mid sized version and I will be content...
Thanks as always!!

@Xon67Thanks mate. Images are great.

Build is coming along really good, have front, floor, rear and skirts for one side done. Starting to run out of brown :) and coffin will have to be black for the moment.

@NDLG80 I agree that the model is very flimsy, and I am building, tear down, and re-building each section to make it strong enough to take along to some shows.

I will post some in-progress images tomorrow (if I remember :grin: )

@ionman99 Its a super fun build, hopefully yours is much more stable than mine.. As I mentioned I will eventually partially take apart to add more supports that can't be seen from the outside of course.
Would be cool to see pics of yours when done :-)
As you may have noticed some different brown parts in my pics, which is where I cheated and painted some parts, like the coffin as I couldn't get in the right colours in time to build...

Hi mate glad to share images when I'm done. :classic:

I cant send new messages but I can respond to them. can you send me a message and I can share the images

Edited by ionman99

Here you go guys: :classic:

20180415_160903

20180415_16083420180415_16072020180415_160928

Edited by ionman99
added flika links

@ionman99 Hey mate, no images have displayed...
Have you posted them on an external site like Flickr as you can't post them directly to this forum as I found out when I first joined...
If you have Flickr, here is a tutorial on how to link your images to the forum

Look forward to checking out your build progress :-)

NDLG80

Thanks for the tip. The whole unit is pretty solid, but I still want to reinforce the floor to the rear section better. The side skirts will always be fragile, but I think I will remove them for transport purpose.

I am thinking I will build the scene from the move where wyldstyle builds the wagon and it busts out the end of the pig building, squashing the lady robot with the Gatling gun. With Bad Cop in Hot pursuit.

More pics to come as I get further.

Thanks for viewing

ion

@ionman99. That looks awesome!  I really like seeing these built out of physical bricks.  I look forward to seeing more!

@ionman99 I can finally view the images of your build... Love it!!
That would be cool to include the scene where the Pig Wagon is first seen... definately keep sharing photos of your progress and of your display when its done...

Since you are in NZ, and close enough to us Aussies, I have an Aussie Lego Movie Facebook group where you or any other die hard fans of the movie can share pics of their collection, MOC's or just fun stuff from TLM.. Check it out here....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/350489338667751/

@Xon67 I hope its ok that I shared the link to my TLM Aussie group, if not please let me know and I can delete my message..
You are also very welcome to join the group if you are on Facebook as an honorary Aussie since you are a much better Master Builder than all of us :-)

Edited by NDLG80

20180418_202410

All I need to finish off is the roll bars and add the headlights, and I wish to reinforce the rear to floor section; as it is not a strong as I would like.

I was going to go off to BRICKLINK and order all the correct color parts (and the pigs of course), but now I have my next project on the go as well so I might hold off a little until I get a concise list for both models.

Thanks again for all your help and inspiration @Xon67

1st image of Bad Cop SWAT Truck :grin:

20180418_202422

Edited by ionman99

@NDLG80. No worries! It's all good.

@ionman99. I'm impressed by the parts you have on hand without having made an order yet.  More!  We wanna see more!  :-)

Hi Guys,

I have been busy on the Pig Wagon again after a few days of messing around with ordering stuff off BRICKLINK. I found that if I create a model in stud.io I can then send it direct to BRICKLINK and place an order.

Easy as falling off a log. Now I'm eagerly awaiting my 1st delivery. (one of the robot police bikes). So what I am doing here is leading up to getting an accurate parts list for the Pig Wagon as well.

I have digitally modeled the front end including the headlights and rebuilt my actual model so it is the same as the stud.io model. See your g-mail.

Pig Wagon Front

More coming :wink:

20180423_182734

Edited by ionman99
added real photo too

@ionman99. It's been a while since I've been to this topic.  Do you have any more progress to show us on your wagon?

Here's the Old West credits scene:

45277606135_1582f337e4_c.jpg

hello @Xon67, can I ask for the lxf file of the water tower and pig barn because my cousin and I plan to build it my gmail account is kinyu2513@gmail.com

We love wild west