Xon67

Assembling Flatbush Gulch

Here are recreations from the town of Flatbush Gulch in The LEGO Movie.

37262559746_ce69636e2f_c.jpg

Edited by Xon67

Awesome that you are now doing the Old West @Xon67... really appreciate all the effort you put into recreating these sets for all of us die hard fans :-)
I'm hoping you figure out the Pig Cart as I've found a couple of pics online for someone that built a decent looking one, but sadly dismantled it and couldn't supply any more pics :-(
Would ultimately love to build the front of the Saloon too someday..
Keep up the awesome work!!

@NDLG80. Thanks!  I'm working on both of those and hope to post images soon.  It would be great to see a physical saloon built.  It's surprisingly large--almost 90 studs wide and 60 bricks high.  Right now, I'm at 7,500 bricks and I'm not done with it.

@pantelis. Thanks!  There's more to come...

This is Hot Tub Harry and his bubbles in the water tower.  Not sure who's with the pig, but it's good to see it's potty trained...

36683556634_b577ecc87f_c.jpg

All of this is very nice and all but, isn't the town named Flatbush gulch or something like that?

Edited by Hart New Bob

Yup.  I goofed....

It's fixed now.

Edited by Xon67

I've wanted to do this one for quite some time.  Here's WyldStyle's pig wagon.

37603876751_6666055aaa_c.jpg

If you look in the center of the wagon, you'll see part 30163 Mummy Coffin.  This wagon is literally a coffin on wheels.

Edited by Xon67

@Xon67 Amazing job on the Pig Cart and thanks so much for sharing!!
Was it challenging to work out? 
Do you think any changes would need to be made to make a real world build eg: fix floating parts....
As long as there aren't any super rare or expensive parts I'm going to definately try building this one.
Any help with close ups, front/rear or alternate angles would be greatly appreciated as per usual :-)

Nice work!

I really like Western buildings. Maybe we should do something with it, like a contest or theme month.

@NDLG80  Thanks so much!  WyldStyle's cart ended up being less challenging than I originally thought.  It had a good number of views from all angles in the movie and that always helps.  I didn't have to go digging for alternate image sources.  I know of one floating part above the back right wheel.  Other than that, everything is pretty well attached.  It needs only a little bit of a chassis added and it should hold together well.

@Jim  Thanks!  Any contest sounds great!

Here's another angle of the wagon.  I'll post more.

37707932286_0bd0ea9227_c.jpg

@SilentWolf  Thanks!  You can see more recreations from the LEGO Movie if you click the movie logo in my signature below.  There's also more coming here, too.

For now, here's another view of WyldStyle's pig cart.

37879703521_5ae65ffe8d_c.jpg

Ya gotta like horses that are so well trained they don't need reigns.

24361268248_cf1786f808_c.jpg

Thanks so much to @Xon67 and his awesome master builder skills for working out Wyldstyles Pig Wagon and for help with images so that I could create a real world build finally :-)
After a little customisation on some parts and connections, it's pretty much done!!
38370638901_55b2ab819b_c.jpgWyldstyles Pig Wagon-4 by Nath D, on Flickr
38340084432_fe79a0bb88_c.jpgWyldstyles Pig Wagon-2 by Nath D, on Flickr
38340084942_ea9c906f06_c.jpgWyldstyles Pig Wagon by Nath D, on Flickr
38370640641_3407f77292_c.jpgWyldstyles Pig Wagon-3 by Nath D, on Flickr

@NDLG80. Wow!  Great job!  That looks spot on!  I really like seeing that built out of physical bricks.  Your photography really shows it off well, too.  Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks @Xon67...
Was definately an interesting build.... Main challenge for me was putting in the undercarriage for the front end and trying to ensure that it tilted slightly whilst still being able to connect to the back half with the side supports...
Still a very fragile set, but glad I can now add it to the collection :-)
If you ever feel like figuring out the Submarine they escape from Cloud Cuckoo Land in, I would be more than happy to try a real world build of that ;-)

@NDLG80  The submarine has been on my "to do" list for quite a while.  If I can wrap up a couple other models I'm working on, I may just get to it!

For now, here's the church from the center of town.

38727845771_d403939bbf_c.jpg

@lostdriveway  Thanks so much!

The pig barn posted above is actually three of these smaller barns placed in a row.  Both the larger and smaller versions of this barn are seen on screen.

40085622172_c9b12ba92a_c.jpg