Sign in to follow this  
Capn Frank

[OL-FB] The Pirate Captain's Home

There is a notorious pirate captain who lives in town. His name is Captain Kirk Redgrave, and he once served with the notorious Captain Cookie before he was captain. However, this captain has been successful enough to have a cozy little house built.

36586612234_6de916b7f3_c.jpg

Of course, he HAD to make the house look scary. The house is the color of blood. His flower garden has been unkept, and human skulls are placed on either side of the door.

37040774390_1401a6b955_c.jpg

Inside his house sits an ominous hourglass, as a reminder that your time will run out if you take his treasure map. He eats stolen turkey legs and croissants, and drinks only rum.  His house is lit by skull lanterns.

Captain Kirk, himself, is not a polite individual and has a short temper.  He is not someone you'd like to greet on the street. He wears a black cloak with a black hat.  The only thing that would make him scarier is if he had a black beard.

36586616664_7d9f1153fa_c.jpg

Son, that is why I always ask you not to run wherever with whomever you please.  There are dangerous fellows that live here, and you need to be careful.

Dad, is that entire story true?

Yes, now go to sleep.

Spoiler

The only reason an interior was made, was so my daughter can play with it. :grin:
Otherwise, this build was going to be part of my pirate town display. Here's a view of the back of the building with the back wall:

36586609364_7941be303e_c.jpg

Pretty boring huh.  Don't worry, only I will see it at Lego shows. :grin:

My daughter played with this house (again) right after I took the above pictures.  She traded most of the scary stuff for various food stuffs.  If you're still reading and bored, try to find what she traded. :pir-laugh:

Outside:

37439448005_a72023b42a_c.jpg

The white ice cream scoops are supposed to be bird poop. :pir-laugh:
You can see that she was playing with alligators and food in the background.

And Inside:

36627193503_b2cde388c2_c.jpg

Nice house. It does look appropriately ominous :pir-skel: in blood red (the first pic, not the culinary version! :grin: ) and the interior is pretty good. Didn't know the hourglass existed. And this does show a good collection of food elements. :moar: It should be a good addition to the town. I also like the little storytelling scene with the book and ship in a bottle. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Didn't know the hourglass existed.

They're found in the Lego Elves sets. :thumbup: 
There is also a new 1X1 round tile with a compass printing that looks really good. Now I have something else to supplement my supply of Jack Sparrow compasses. :grin: 

1 hour ago, Phred said:

There is also a new 1X1 round tile with a compass printing that looks really good. Now I have something else to supplement my supply of Jack Sparrow compasses. :grin: 

There is always the 1x1 square tile compass that comes with the Hiker from CMF 16 as well.

Nice house ofc.  Very thematic and playable.

11 hours ago, Phred said:

The only thing that would make him scarier is if he had a black beard.

:laugh: :pir-laugh:

Nicely done, Phred!  Impressive collection of dark red masonry bricks (at least, impressive compared to mine :laugh:) which look great here, and the interior and overgrown garden are quite neat as well!  I'm liking the ice cream/cookie version too! :pir-grin:

Nice house and above all cozy indeed! The hourglass is indeed a great piece but above all I couldn't resist commenting on the Captain's minifig choice. This is absolutely the second best era appropriate minifig (with Highwayman being the first :tongue: )

A nice addition to your pirate town. That highwayman cape is becoming quite popular. And :thumbup: for including an interior and keeping your daughter involved!

Sorry to say that, but I like the second version, the one decorated with a variety of foods.:pir-grin:

Very nice little house, and I like the bed-time scene!