Sign in to follow this  
Capn Frank

[OL-FB] Small Monument to Zorro

I finally got around to memorializing the late Zorro with a small monument.
With BoBS providing ulterior motives for posting these types of builds and using this as part of a collaborative pirate town standard, I decided to finally make one. :pir-grin: 
Continuing the build standard, I figure this small build will remain a part of my settlement. :thumbup:

36586621054_a81e11db69_c.jpg

The woman is supposed to be feeding the sea gull, but it looks like she's under attack at this angle. :pir-laugh:
Well anyways, here it is. There are a couple of nice benches to sit at if you'd like to feed the gulls.  (watch out for the aggressive ones. :wacko: )

36586619174_2c7691aa13.jpg

Hmm... Not any better here. She still kind of looks like she's getting attacked. :look:
At least you can see the that there's something bread-like in her hand. I'll have to move that sea gull back when I get a chance. :blush:

Here's a closer view of the black statue with the black rapier and fancy new cape from the highway man.

Thanks for looking.  C&C welcome. :pir-classic:

Phred, that's a really nice gesture. I've wanted to do something very similar in memory of Zorro and just haven't gotten around to it.

As for the build itself, I think the statue is very good (and quite fitting), the lampposts are a design I haven't seen before, and the wedge plates and straight tiles help to smooth up the base. I don't have a problem with the seagull; it seems pretty obvious the lady is feeding it. Those navy blue benches are nice too, but the palisade bricks beneath the statue would look better to me in black or dark grey or something, rather than brown. But other than that I really like it. :classic: :thumbup:

Sad story but so great of you to memorialize Zorro. The build is really enjoyable and I especially love the lamp design and the slightly nostalgic face of the old lady.

Zorro deserve it ! Great of you to have built this memorial !

And with those great new pieces from the highwayman it is greater than ever ! Great job !

Excellent build, and appropriate memorial.

And if you've ever fed seagulls, you ARE being attacked when you feed them. :wink:

Wasn't around yet when Zorro was here, but it's very excellent of you to build in his honour!

Lovely statue and great lamp posts

Thanks for the complements. The lamps and benches were designs from the EB Collab at Brickworld 2017.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:33 PM, Captain Dee said:

I've wanted to do something very similar in memory of Zorro and just haven't gotten around to it.

It's never too late. :thumbup:

I look forward to what you have in mind to build. :pir-classic:

On 9/25/2017 at 1:53 PM, Capt Wolf said:

And if you've ever fed seagulls, you ARE being attacked when you feed them. :wink:

I never thought of it that way, but you're right. :pir-laugh: