Sign in to follow this  
CadanOgden

Selling Collection - Advise on Options

So over the past 5 years, I've amassed a collection of Lego somewhere close to 400 sets. I've decided that I need to downsize some and am looking to sell approximately 150-160 sets.  The sets are mostly random themes that I've picked up, such as Architecture, Chima, City, DC, Dino, Jurassic World, Marvel, Monsters, Pharoah's Quest, and Pirates of the Carribean. I'm also going to sell from of my Star Wars sets that I don't want anymore - no UCS, but mostly Clone Wars sets. They are currently sorted into ziplock bags by set.  I have instruction manuals for all sets, but not boxes.

I'm considering 2 options at this point:

1) Ebay by set - Build each set to make sure that the pieces are accounted for and to take pictures for the auction. The only down side to this option is that I might want to keep a few of the minifigures for the set and this might decrease what I could get for the set.

2) Bricklink - I considered sorting the approximate 40-50K bricks and then selling them by brick. I know this may take me several weeks to do, but I'm willing to do it if the money is right.

So my question is which option is more economical? If I set up a Bricklink store, how long would it take to sell most of the collection? Does anyone have experience with this?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated!!