Paknaloid

[NMOC] Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 Pirelli Edition (creation of Stefan Birkefeld)

I’d like to present my slightly modded version of Stefan Birkefeld’s wonderful MOC (https://bricksafe.com/pages/stefan_betula_pendula/lamborghini-aventador-lp-720-4-pirelli-edition).

I have a couple more very minor things to finish (a few chrome pieces on top of the engine, finish the windscreen wipers, rear view mirror, and central console, replace a couple of black axle connectors with white versions, and try out a crazy idea with the wheel hubcaps which might work, but might be a bit much.)  once that’s all done in a week or so I’ll post a few more pics in a more interesting location, and also try to make a video (which might be a complete failure, we shall see).

Thanks for looking, and thanks Stefan for the original MOC.

C9DF0C8A-EA6C-427D-92BB-C94456B4E1D7.jpe

BDB76649-BB9B-4BE1-AD7E-852BF7FB3E58.jpe

CD753174-1963-4EC7-B685-DB810A5F6E99.jpe

98F6E41C-182F-4980-AAED-EE57CF6DB75B.jpe

486928F4-B477-4929-8AF8-AF3EDD0C73FB.jpe

IMG_7263.JPG

IMG_7262.JPG

IMG_7260.JPG

And a silly one:

B377467C-8B3C-45B9-8A95-B5A82CFF048F.jpe

Edited by Paknaloid
Photos fixed

Awesome! The extra details you added are the cherry on top of this model. The stickers you added are quite nice.

On 24/09/2017 at 6:02 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Awesome! The extra details you added are the cherry on top of this model. The stickers you added are quite nice.

Thank you. I think I got a bit addicted to making my own stickers...

Edited by Paknaloid
Spelling

Just now, Paknaloid said:

I think I got a bit addicted to making my own sticker...

I guess that's a good thing because they're awesome and I'd love to see more.

You have definitely done a great job with your custom additions. I especially like the rear chrome exhaust. To display your build a bit better, might be cool to find a nice outdoor spot on a sunny day for some better photos. Would like to see it in HQ!
Thanks for sharing

Edited by Lox Lego

On 24/09/2017 at 6:21 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I guess that's a good thing because they're awesome and I'd love to see more.

Cheers :grin: I’ll definitely make more for my next build (going to be another supercar with no power functions, but not decided which one yet).

On 24/09/2017 at 6:27 PM, Lox Lego said:

You have definitely done a great job with your custom additions. I especially like the rear chrome exhaust. To display your build a bit better, might be cool to find a nice outdoor spot on a sunny day for some better photos. Would like to see it in HQ!
Thanks for sharing

Absolutely I will be taking it out to a better location for some more interesting photos.  Unfortunately they won’t be proper HQ as I only have an iPhone 7 for pics, with all of its limitations.

I have some ideas for a video though, if it comes off it’ll involve some editing, sick soundtrack and authentic Lambo engine revs :laugh: this all depends on my skill (or lack of) editing with iMovies....

Edited by Paknaloid
Spelling

Minor but very nice mod! Looks much more better!
btw what is thr white part used in wheel covers?

Just now, Aleh said:

Minor but very nice mod! Looks much more better!
btw what is thr white part used in wheel covers?

Thank you. The part is 93016:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=93061&name=Arm Skeleton, Bent with Clips at 90 degrees (Vertical Grip)&category=[Minifig, Body Part]#T=C

the wheel covers mod is another one of Stefan’s - my biggest claims to originality are the stickers and extended hood.

31 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Er... what's happened to the photos?

Fixed - back where they should be

Nice, it looks great! I really like the use of skeleton arms on the wheels - not something you see very often...

Thanks very much, @Burko-uk and @LEGO Train 12 Volts!

I’ve actually made a few final changes, and have a few extra pics - still in a boring location, but I will try to take some more attractive photos and a video at some point -

Updated central console:

800x731.jpg

Partially chromed-up V12:

800x702.jpg

Foot pedals:

800x957.jpg

Rear view mirror

800x812.jpg

Updated rims.  What do you think - too much?? They are pretty aggressive, and remind me a bit of the Sarlacc in Star Wars :laugh:

800x600.jpg

Sarlacc -

800x600.jpg

Rims :tongue: -

latest?cb=20100912095710

Edited by Milan
Resized big pictures.

Just now, Milan said:

Hi @Paknaloid can you resize your pics, please?

Sorry Milan, I’m posting using my phone and the thumbnail link builder on Bricksafe isn’t working for me, so I pasted individual Bricksafe links and the photos just came out this way. Are you able to resize them? Or is there an easy way for me to do it from an iPhone? Otherwise I won’t be at a computer until tomorrow lunch time to fix them myself...

Again, apologies.

17 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

Are you able to resize them?

Yes :thumbup:

But I had to go to your Bricksafe and looking for each pic. I hope I did not mix them up in the process.

Just now, Milan said:

Yes :thumbup:

But I had to go to your Bricksafe and looking for each pic. I hope I did not mix them up in the process.

You got them all right - thank you, that’s very much appreciated.  They look exactly the same on my phone screen :sceptic: so next time I post photos I’ll just wait until I can do them from a pc :thumbup:

I think the red teeth on the rims makes them a bit messy.

Would leave them off.

3 hours ago, Dafgek81 said:

I think the red teeth on the rims makes them a bit messy.

Would leave them off.

I think you are right. My plan was to have them running sideways instead of coming out of the rim, but I hadn’t realised that the skeleton arms I used weren’t the right kind, I needed ones with the clips at both ends aligned in the same direction. So what I ended up with was a bit of a bodge.