Tezclatipoca

Western : Feeding the vultures

Feeding the vultures

I tryed something a bit different from what I usually build and since I am preparing something in the Western Theme, I thought it could be good to post this little MOC to have some feedback, in particular on the vultures design.

The scenette helped me to design some figs I will probably re use in other bigger western builds in the future.

And without anymore words, here are the pictures :

36576207324_c3b16860b2_z.jpg

37029819950_b3bdd812d9_z.jpg

Great little scene.  Really simple build, but that 3-piece tree still works well with those much more complicated and creative vultures!  Nice build!  :classic:

The vultures are a real standout here, but if I had one critique its that the one with wings spread has them too low down. You'd need to find some way of attaching those claw pieces closer to the shoulder. But the effect of the hair and the positioning is spot on. :thumbup:

On 24/09/2017 at 10:11 PM, deraven said:

Great little scene.  Really simple build, but that 3-piece tree still works well with those much more complicated and creative vultures!  Nice build!  :classic:

Thank you.

The 3 pieces tree is always a good thing when you don't need to go to a more complex build. Of course, I will make better trees in the future. The main purpose here, was to try some vulture designs. I am glad you find them at your taste. Thanks !

On 25/09/2017 at 6:12 PM, rodiziorobs said:

The vultures are a real standout here, but if I had one critique its that the one with wings spread has them too low down. You'd need to find some way of attaching those claw pieces closer to the shoulder. But the effect of the hair and the positioning is spot on. :thumbup:

Thank you ! this is a good point you've raised ! The wings are effectively a bit low. I tryed to make the vulture a bit like spreading wings before flying but will try another attachment for the claw pieces. Thank you !

This vulture style definitely works well in multiple types of settings. Also nice job on making the throwing knife seem in action. 

On 3 octobre 2017 at 5:14 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The master of vultures!

Ahah sure ! :laugh: ask for a vulture and you'll have it !

On 17 octobre 2017 at 2:23 PM, SilentWolf said:

This vulture style definitely works well in multiple types of settings. Also nice job on making the throwing knife seem in action. 

Thank you. The minifig posing is always important for me, I'm glad you noticed it !

On 19 octobre 2017 at 1:56 AM, ProvenceTristram said:

Any chance you could list the parts involved in building the vultures - particularly the one with its wings folded? They're really excellent.

Yes, sure, I will post a photo of the parts needed in this post. It is not very difficult.

On 24 octobre 2017 at 6:01 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

That's an excellent scenery you created there, Faladrin! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I esp. like how you built the vultures.

Thank you very much. These vultures will be incorporated in a bigger layout then ! Glad you like them !