Sign in to follow this  
hoiharry

Hogwarts entrance hall

Hi everyone,

While everyone is waiting for potential new Lego Harry Potter sets, I've been building something.

I got inspired by playing the older Harry Potter video games on my PC, so I decided to build the Hogwarts entrance hall with my own twist on it.

I hope you all like. :sweet:

See more on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/58775895@N08/albums/72157686166757211/with/37174700496/

DSC_0520.thumb.jpg.0b78205332acc7e60a2c21ae40565155.jpg

4 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Wow! I really love the look of the whole thing! Are you going to make modular sections that can be connected like the rooms in the game?

Haha I wish I could do that, but unfortunately no.

You really captured the shaping and color! However (and this may just be the size of the baseplate), it feels a little stark and empty when compared to what the castle usually looks like. Is there any chance you could add more detail and/or figures?

Edit: One thing that might really help is if the ground were decorated, whether that means tiling it somewhat, or using plates to vary up the shades of gray. Far from the only option, though!

Edited by N_Cat

On ‎24‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 11:52 PM, N_Cat said:

You really captured the shaping and color! However (and this may just be the size of the baseplate), it feels a little stark and empty when compared to what the castle usually looks like. Is there any chance you could add more detail and/or figures?

Edit: One thing that might really help is if the ground were decorated, whether that means tiling it somewhat, or using plates to vary up the shades of gray. Far from the only option, though!

Hey thanks! That's actually a very nice idea. I also thought that there was still missing 'something'.

I'll see what I can do. :thumbup:

On ‎25‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 8:34 AM, Agent Kallus said:

This IS great, shame you can't have Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs (yet).

Yeah I know, such a shame. That's why I let the red and green banners face the other way.