Sign in to follow this  
Dolce

Azog SDCC 2013 and Azog set 79104

Hello. Are there any differences between Azog from SDCC 2013 and Azog from the set 7914?

thank you for your help. 

Edited by Dolce

No. I'm pretty sure they're identical. I don't think Azog was listed as an exclusive... same way Bard the Bowman wasn't the following year.

But someone told me that they are different colour.

Is it true?

Edited by Dolce

Hey man!

Yes there is a difference, and no, it's not the color, they're the same color. Their mouths are different. The Azog from SDDC 2013 has a relatively closed mouth, the Azog from 7914 has an open mouth, sort of screaming, mad. I would highly recommend 7914 as I have it, and it was a blast to build a mess around with. But if you just want to Azog figure and not the exclusive, Bard, Eagle, Thorin and other stuff in 7914 get the SDDC.

Hope this helps!

Tyndale

On 27/10/2017 at 5:19 PM, Tyndale said:

Hey man!

Yes there is a difference, and no, it's not the color, they're the same color. Their mouths are different. The Azog from SDDC 2013 has a relatively closed mouth, the Azog from 7914 has an open mouth, sort of screaming, mad. I would highly recommend 7914 as I have it, and it was a blast to build a mess around with. But if you just want to Azog figure and not the exclusive, Bard, Eagle, Thorin and other stuff in 7914 get the SDDC.

Hope this helps!

Tyndale

This is not correct. There are two Azog minifigures, but they are both available in regular retail sets. The first one (with closed mouth) was in the SDCC 2013 set but then also appeared in exactly the same form in 79014, released later in 2013. This set also has Radagast, Gandalf, Orcs, Necromancer, etc. The second one (with open mouth) was in 79017, from 2014 and this is the set with Bard, Thorin, Dain, etc. I wouldn't buy the SDCC one if you just wanted the figure - you are really paying for the packaging. It goes for multiple $100s (about $800 on BL currently).

Oh my bad sorry for misleading you.

But yes I would not get the SDDC, just save up and then buy it when you can, the big one I mean.

And thanks for correcting me MAB.

Tyndale