Sign in to follow this  
sander1992

MOC: The Doctor vs. The Daleks

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I wanted to create a scene with Doctor Who and I wanted to experiment with floor techniques.

The Doctor found out that the Daleks have created a portal to travel through time. The Daleks want to go back to the Time War to save their race from extinction. The Doctor have three Daleks in his vision, but he is not aware there is a fourth Dalek. Clara keep a low profile and stays with the TARDIS. No one have noticed that Weeping Angels are present and absorbing energy from the portal.

37220870962_9e6304483f_c.jpg

For more pictures you can go to my Flickr album.

Doctor Who

Comments and questions are welcome. :classic:

Sander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the technique at the front, it looks much better if you take the tiles all the way under the edges, so you don't get the gaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it , it`s neat ,compact and a lovely size for display..all in all , a beautiful little vignette !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Looks really good. I love how you were able to use various techniques to create a cool build, but it also tells a story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Wonderful :classic:

i'm guessing you used two copies of the doctor who set.

Thanks. :classic: You guessed right. :wink:

22 hours ago, MAB said:

For the technique at the front, it looks much better if you take the tiles all the way under the edges, so you don't get the gaps.

I received similar feedback from someone from LowLUG. I think I will use the 2x4 tiles to cover those gaps.

Thank you for the feedback. :thumbup:

21 hours ago, r5-j2 said:

I love it , it`s neat ,compact and a lovely size for display..all in all , a beautiful little vignette !!

Thank you. :classic:

20 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Awesome! Looks really good. I love how you were able to use various techniques to create a cool build, but it also tells a story!

Thanks. I am glad things worked out this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sander1992 said:

I received similar feedback from someone from LowLUG. I think I will use the 2x4 tiles to cover those gaps.

 

That's right, you just keep tiling with the same tiles so it is continuous where you see it, and have the gaps under whatever you are using as a border. It looks much nicer that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.