"The Pursuit of Perfection" - slogan of the Lexus brand.

I'm now back with my greatest Lego creation ever. A 2010 Lexus GX 460 with EV3. It's a replica of my Dad's car, but this one's in gray with black interior. I made it as much as I could to the real car, thanks to pieces from the Arocs and Porsche set.

PWyWHdV.jpg

Features

• Sariel's 4-speed sequential gearbox controlled by a medium motor
  • All-wheel-drive
  • Independent suspension
  • Rack-and-pinion steering
  • Fake V8 engine
  • Six seats (could not fit a seventh one) with the rear four being foldable
  • Opening side doors, trunk door, and hood.
  • Detailed interior

The gearbox and the two differentials in the car like to click while moving (especially on rough terrain) around, but the result was a car that was heavy, slow, but also makes lots of torque.

I'm very happy with how this car came out and I couldn't have done it without all of the helpful people on the Lego community and EuroBricks. Thanks especially to my good friend TheMindGarage for never making me give up. Now I can officially call myself a true master builder.

Check out this build on my EV3 community account too for more photos and information about it.

I would love to make a YouTube video soon about the features of the GX EV3 and footage of me taking this build on some dirt trails in a park. I also want to take a picture of this right next to my Dad's actual car. So please follow this post to check out some stuff I might upload in the future!

To finish this post, here's some collages with photos of the GX EV3.

6WV57Tj.png

WwJitkg.png

Edited by StudRobotics

3 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

I am sorry if I sound harsh, but it is a box on a wheels. It looks nothing like Lexus GX.

Unfortunately, I agree.

On the other hand, if this was a generic model (no brand attached) my opinion would be different.

Also, you should remove those 8t gears from drivetrain.

I think if you had larger wheels and rounded wheel arches, that would hugely improve the aesthetics. Otherwise it looks very solid, I like it :thumbup:

Thanks for the responses! But I'm fine with the way it looks. It's my first Technic MOC after all. I know it does look like a G-wagen, but I just wanted to give this build the body-on-frame style that the real GX has.

(For original post)

Hey guys. I just got done posting the video for my Lexus GX EV3 on YouTube. Check it out!

The entire video was made about a month ago and I just posted it now.

Now it's time to take this apart and head to my next build, which is finally putting together the Porsche 911 GT3 RS set I got for my birthday (I used some of its pieces in this).

Be well,
StudRobotics

Nice video! Probably could've put this in the old topic but that's just a friendly reminder :)