mcgrah

[MOC][LDD][PDF] The Viper probe droid, aka: Imperial Probe Droid

25 minutes ago, olf999 said:

Hey mcgrah,

Any chance to get the instructions and part list - they are no longer available on googledrive...

thank you

Florian

I second this:thumbup:

Sure thing, I'll double check the links and upload instruction once more. As for part list, got to prepare it late this week.

@mcgrah thank you very much buddy! This thing is beautiful!! I've made a stand but I'm not satisfied. It's not sturdy and with the first earthquake (we get a lot of them here) I will be picking up pieces from the floor.

Any suggestion for the stand is welcome. :)

20171029_163356.jpg

20171029_163445.jpg

20171029_163452.jpg

20171029_163456.jpg

20171029_163513.jpg

41 minutes ago, vded said:

@mcgrah thank you very much buddy! This thing is beautiful!! I've made a stand but I'm not satisfied. It's not sturdy and with the first earthquake (we get a lot of them here) I will be picking up pieces from the floor.

Any suggestion for the stand is welcome. :)

OMG! This is great! Nice photos too :)

As for a stand, I did the same as you but from clear parts, and... it's not cat friendly. Second one I did from very old technic parts and it's quite ok, but looks ugly as hell :)

Once suggestion to your build, since LDD (official) do not support that kind of parts - for those (2 of them I believe) 3 eyed cameras I've used this part [Lever Small Base: 4592] instead of [1x1 round stubs: 4073]

And man! great job, thx!

All the congrats go to you my friend. Without your imagination, work, and files none of us would build this wonderful droid. 

We just buy the parts and follow your spot on instructions. 

Thanks for the parts alternative recommendation. ?

I'll keep searching for a sturdy stand.

OK, had some extra time (1h exactly cos time change :D) and come up with such idea for a stand. It might work, but didn't build it so consider it as proof of concept.

DF3Aldp.png

0cPjFB8.png

TimGHLG.gif

Here is LDD file:

https://goo.gl/FZxTDJ

Cheers

Oh, that's stand is beyond my imagination!! Nailed it again buddy!! 

Bricklink is my co-partner, going there asap!!

EDIT: Part 73590c01a don't exist in yellow. You can replace it with either 73590c02b / 73590c03b

Edited by vded

Thx,

Looks like LEDO Digital Designer got some part with older codes/colors, but those parts you've posted are replacements from newer sets.

I'm glad you like it - now it makes the Drone complete :) 

Let me know how the stand .. well stands :) I'm bricklinking it myself!

When I try to import the LXF file into Bricklink it fails, stating a part isnt correct "18624" not found.  is there another way to part this set out so that I can order the pieces?

1 minute ago, Ether said:

When I try to import the LXF file into Bricklink it fails, stating a part isnt correct "18624" not found.  is there another way to part this set out so that I can order the pieces?

You should then edit the part list from the LXF file, you can do this just by opening in noteblock. Search for 18624, replace that number by 4590, save the file, and then import it into bricklink again. (bricklink sometimes works with older part numbers, and then doesn't recognise newer alternate IDs for the same part)

On 24/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, TWP said:

You should then edit the part list from the LXF file, you can do this just by opening in noteblock. Search for 18624, replace that number by 4590, save the file, and then import it into bricklink again. (bricklink sometimes works with older part numbers, and then doesn't recognise newer alternate IDs for the same part)

excellent thank you

finally got this bulilt, cracking looking set once built.  Few issues on the way and I seem to have a number of extra bits left after bricklinking the required parts but hey ho :)

I would attach a pic for scale vs BB8 however you seem to only be able to attach 20kb images :o

@dljbae

Hope this helps, its a decent build, really fragile in places though, but once up and build as long as you lift by the stand its fine.

Viper MOC, BB8 & R2D2

Spoiler

Edited by Ether
text edit

16 hours ago, Ether said:

@dljbae

Hope this helps, its a decent build, really fragile in places though, but once up and build as long as you lift by the stand its fine.

Spoiler

Viper MOC, BB8 & R2D2

Looks great!  What were some of the challenges?  And what are your extra pieces so I can remove them from my list :P

Edited by WTFett

The way the main body is built is very clever to get that shape, but it does mean you need to be very delicate when building.  once its complete again delicate hands is required to join it to the head.  

No idea what the spare parts were, i just tossed them in my spare parts bag lol

Hi everyone!

first of all...congratulations to you, mcgrah, for this beautiful MOC!!:laugh:

is definitely gonna be my next MOC to create!! :thumbup:

I just have one question: what brick did you use for those red and blue dots decoration???? is it a sticker or a decorated tile???? *oh2*

CAOhu0t.png