jonwil

Ideas for a purist Where's Wally/Waldo?

Does anyone have any ideas for making a purist version of Where's Wally (or Where's Waldo in the USA)?

I am currently using this torso:

973px62c02.png

with this head:

3626cpb1699.png

and blue legs. I am using the pirate rag cap in red for the hat and a brown bar for the walking stick.

Plenty of nice looking customs out there using custom painted and molded parts but nothing purist that I can find.

Does anyone have any suggestions for better parts to use, especially for the headgear and walking stick? I considered using the Santa hat but I dont have any of those available (I own exactly one and its in use on the Santa minifig).

10 hours ago, jonwil said:

with this head:

Harry Potter has circular glasses but you'd want to cover the scar :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Harry Potter has circular glasses but you'd want to cover the scar :sceptic:

That was a Scar?  I thought it was something else.......

2 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

What did you think it was?

I thought it had some thing to do with his wizard powers or something.   A scar in the shape of lightning would seem strange.

7 minutes ago, Hart New Bob said:

I thought it had some thing to do with his wizard powers or something.   A scar in the shape of lightning would seem strange.

It kinda does, in a way... See the movies / red the books to avoid spoilers!

Edited by Murdoch17

Just now, Murdoch17 said:

It kinda does, in a way... See the movies / red the books to avoid spoilers!

I don't care about Harry Potter, just tell me.

29 minutes ago, Hart New Bob said:

I don't care about Harry Potter, just tell me.

Harry's scar is a piece of Voldemort's soul, flung onto him when Voldemort's death curse rebounded onto himself due to Harry's mom's sacrifice / love for him. This rebounding latched a part of the villain's soul onto the only living thing near: Harry. This gives him some of the bad guy's abilities, such as talking to snakes and his psychic connection to Voldemort once he gains his new body. Plus, it pains Harry when Voldemort is near / doing  bad things... after the death of the villain Harry scar's no longer hurts him and loses said extra powers.... no more snake talk, and no connection.. until Harry's son undoes history due to meddling with time (see the Cursed Child book / play)  causing it to hurt once more. Harry eventually figures out what happens and stops Voldemort's daughter (yes, you read that right!) from causing lots of time-travel problems. Harry eventually takes his son to the time of his parent's death and the start of the series as a sort of bonding / "now you understand my pain moment."

EDIT: This was from memory, so errors may have occurred... the Harry Potter Wiki may help more!

Edited by Murdoch17

Just now, Murdoch17 said:

stops Voldemort's daughter (yes, you read that right!)

Strange... how could a ugly guy like that get a girl and for that matter how could Harry?(most likely money for both).....is it time to go back on topic now? 

Edited by Hart New Bob

Just now, Hart New Bob said:

Strange... how could a ugly guy like that get a girl and for that matter how could Harry?(most likely money for both).....is it time to go back on topic now? 

Belatrix LesStrange was the mother of Voldemort's daughter, and she was criminally insane so... and yes, let's get back on topic!

Edited by Murdoch17

Can anyone find Wally in this thread amongst the Harry Potter nerd lore?!? He's in here somewhere...

Are there any parts with hair + hat that are even similar (forget being the right colours).

It's a bobble hat he's wearing, extremely different from a bandana. Any beanie would be more accurate, but I don't know if there's a red one let alone a red&white striped one.

The closest thing to the Wally hat would probably be the Santa hat. I do own one Santa hat but its being used on a Santa Claus minifigure so I cant use it for Wally and I cant get another Santa hat in time for the show (setup is on Friday, show starts Saturday so there is no time to order anything from Bricklink or whatever

Edited by jonwil