Takanuinuva

Ever ordered the wrong part from Bricklink?

As the title says. Did you accidentally order one version/color of part but meant another?

I meant to order a ridged flex tube but bought the rubbery one instead. I only noticed once the order arrived.

Please move if in the wrong spot.

God yes, that happened to me a couple of times. I am not 100% an expert on every single piece TLG ever produced, so - I guess its just bound to happen in one way or another. Usually its not a big deal since I can find a use for them somehow. I also once put some CMFs twice into the shopping basket since they didn't show up the first time. Of course they showed up in the mail :wink: It wasn't really terrible but a useful lesson!

No, but with some of the rarer parts, especially vintage ones. I'm worried the seller will send me the wrong one and am stoked when the right one arrives.

I haven't yet.  Most of my orders are common black color parts.  Hard to get wrong, I hope.  Also whenever possible I buy locally with local pickup so I can inspect the parts before paying the seller C.O.D.

I choose the  parts I want specifically by tracking them through set inventories. If I have no choice but to buy a part to finish a MOC, I know what I need as I am either lacking the quantity or colour of said parts. So I go through a set inventory to a seller for the part and maybe fill to minimum sale or to make the purchase worth the postage by adding from my wishlists or browsing things I like (Printed tiles, minifigure parts and accessories etc). 

Of course, I have quite a memory for parts and a 25 year strong collection, so plenty of reference for me to go by.

I haven't. Generally I build the model digitally and upload it to a custom set on rebrickable (formerly called a private moc). Then I fiddle with things to find the least number of sellers. The bigger problem I have is accidentally ordering things twice.

Not sure, I think I may have bought something in the wrong grey. Have definitely received parts in the wrong colour or variation a few times, but I don't know if there were any where it was my fault (other than that grey slope I'm not sure about).

Happened to me recently; bought some of those plane window panes, I already had the glass.

2377.png

So when I got them; the glass had 1 pointy end on top + 2 at the bottom. But it wouldn't fit...
Turned out there are 2 types; a version with 1 hole in bottom + 1 in top and a version with 1 hole in top + 2 in the bottom.

So just ordered the correct ones & problem solved. (could've ordered other glass, but that was way more expensive)

I was trying to order the little control wheel (like for shut off valve on pipes) -- the minifig sized one. Instead got the giant Technic one. Oops.

I have four small black window shutters that I had to reorder in a larger size. It was my mistake and a rather unpleasant surprise to open the envelope and find that there was no possible way that they would fit the frames! I may have ordered the wrong sloped brick once and I have a light bley plate on my Camouflaged Outpost that should be old light gray, but I'm not too worried about that.