Ayrlego

[COR - SEP FB] Leaving Myzectlan

After a couple of months fascinating and peaceful interlude in the ancient city of Myzectlan, the time has come for Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock to leave, and resume his duties as Colonial Governor from a more accessible location. Sir Dirk and Dr Brickingstone approach High Priestess Zia to announce Dirk's imminent departure. Dr Brickingstone wishes to remain with the Myzec for the time being, so Dirk has made him the Corlander representative. He has been instructed to continue working on a draft treaty which will make the valley of the Myzec a semi autonomous zone within the Corlander colony of Cascadia.

36996178330_8fb48d71f2_c.jpg

"Colonel Allcock, I believe you will be leaving us shortly" said Zia through Dr Brickingstone as the interpreter. Although usually able to pick up languages quite fast, Dirk had yet to master Myzec.

"That is correct your Highness, I must leave your beautiful city for a while, as pressing matters require my attention elsewhere. In my place, and with your permission, I will leave a small party with Dr Brickingstone."

"That is acceptable Colonel. As you are aware, most Myzec have no desire to leave our hidden valley. Sometimes, rarely, individuals amongst us venture outside, most to never be heard of again. Indeed one of my most promising young apprentices has expressed a desire to explore the world beyond our domain. This is Cuxi" Zia said, indicating to a young women at the base of the throne.

"I would ask you to take Cuxi and a small party of attendants with you as my representative, so she may learn of your world"

"Of course your highness, it would be an honour."

Soon the arrangements were made and Dirk was ready to depart. He would miss Myzectlan, however his responsibilities weighed heavily on him, and he needed to return to Port Woodhouse and Jameston. Also he was beginning to worry about the disappearance of his good friend Don Isaac Montoya, last seen heading to the Sea Rat haven of Tortuga to treat with the infamous Captain Benjamin Morgan. He would depart in the morning for Camp Isaac, and seek information from the Royal Pioneers there before deciding on his next destination. One thing was sure, he could not help his friend from Myzectlan.

An additional scene of the throne:

37204511926_f6237bff4f_c.jpg

A special thanks to all those who made suggestions/comments in the WIP thread for this build!

Really cool build Ayrlego, with the floor all in light grey it looks perfectly suitable to the rest of the MOC, and the jungle in the background adds so much!  The pillars look great too! :thumbup: 

As I've also written at the building log, I had some initial reservation about the circular part of the throne being too bulky but upon seeing the whole MOC completed, I loved it! Let's see where Allcock will be seen during the following weeks...

All Lego shots simply have something special over them! The throne turned out beautifully, and the columns are really well textured. In the end, I think I like the single coloured floor you went for.

I find it fascinating that the High Priestess appears to have a pet-panther, and generally like the story as well. Allcock's decision to appoint Dr. Brickingstone official representative is probably a wise choice too, and I shall be looking forward to the amazon Allcocks has added to his retinue!

This turned out quite good! Good choice going to all lt gray for the floor; the earlier version was too distracting, in retrospect. That throne really came out sharp. And beware the High Priestess's pet panther!

Great job with this one! :thumbup:

Lovely! The jungle bit in the back looks great, excellent variation with colours. The floor works really well too, if it wasn't broken up it might have been too grey 

Shame on me for not commenting earlier - it turned out so well; great work, and great pictures.

I almost did not recognise the panther in the first MOC, by the way.