Sign in to follow this  
Aventador2004

42054 C model- Articulated Hauler

42054 has been getting a lot of love in the C-modelling department after its launch, and im pretty sure its one of the best 2h 2016 sets!

Edited by ThatOneBuilder
dates are confusing.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:50 AM, ThatOneBuilder said:

42054 has been getting a lot of love in the C-modelling department after its launch, and im pretty sure its one of the best 2h 2017 sets!

Small correction ...sure it is one of the best 2h 2016 sets :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

oh my god i feel so stupid now sorry! fixed.

Don't worry, it could be a typing error because nr.6 and nr.7 are side by side on every keyboard :wink:

7 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

42054 has been getting a lot of love in the C-modelling department after its launch, and im pretty sure its one of the best 2h 2016 sets!

Absolutely agree, along with the Arocs.

8 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

Big wheels + wide range of gears + many typical Technic parts.

I have a problem with 42053 for instance, it has lots of useful parts, but those skateboard wheels make rebuilding it into something else difficult.

27 minutes ago, M_longer said:

Big wheels + wide range of gears + many typical Technic parts.

I have a problem with 42053 for instance, it has lots of useful parts, but those skateboard wheels make rebuilding it into something else difficult.

I agree with you on that, a better wheel loader c model, but that is all I see currently.

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Absolutely agree, along with the Arocs.

I better should not mention that Arocs was 2015 flagship, but Xerion could be a flagship some other year like 2012 or even 2008...

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

A video is filmed, but needs to be uploaded, tomorrow or the next day.

...and we are anxious to see your MOC in (you know lights, camera, ) action :wink: 

On 9/25/2017 at 7:17 AM, I_Igor said:

...and we are anxious to see your MOC in (you know lights, camera, ) action :wink: 

i will edit the first post later with a video, and post here. 

more pictures: with my modded 8069.

IMG_3124.JPG

IMG_3125.JPG

IMG_3126.JPG

(edit: tires still backwards!)

enjoy! 

Edited by Aventador2004

18 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Now imagine how cool would be with 8455 set :wink:

already can, it was on my list to get, but the 8069 looks cooler IMO.

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

already can, it was on my list to get, but the 8069 looks cooler IMO.

8455 is my favorite pneumatic set, but could not afford it myself, so I've made it in colors that are in LEGO Technic from 2008 as you cam see here

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=497487

Anyway yellow and lime combo is interesting :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Anyway yellow and lime combo is interesting :thumbup:

Hopefully i can rebuild my telehandler, tracked mini excavator, and get the crawler crane for a epic construction scene.

4 minutes ago, aminnich said:

oh no... did you write on the panels with marker?? 

No, tape, and I forgot to remove it.

28 minutes ago, aminnich said:

phew, sigh of relief :classic: 

Still planing on a video for tonight?

Yup, it is a unedited vid showing steering and dumping.

This looks like it comes straight off one of those futuristic RTS video games as a resource-carrying truck. That's what it makes me think of. I like it. The use of lime is nicely laid out. The bed may be a bit small but I think it matches the rest of the vehicle nicely. Making it bigger would pull things out of proportion maybe.

The seat could be a bit further backwards though. If you sit in this, it's almost as if you're outside of the cabin. I think if you swap the black 2L cross blocks that hold the seat, so the seat is 2 studs backwards relative to where it is now, it would be better. (But I don't know if there's anything in the way for that). Also, if parts availabilty permits it, I'd put two seats instead of one, to the left and right of the steering HOG axle. Then, seats can be even further backwards, so the driver can actually use the small side windows of the cabin.

Also, maybe you can swap the two 2x3x5 panels with the two 2x3x7 panels in a way, so the Claas stickers aren't upside down :) For the rest, nice model.

I like the cabin and the tires look very good. It looks like something you would drive on Mars. Maybe a lab instead of a dumper.

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

This looks like it comes straight off one of those futuristic RTS video games as a resource-carrying truck. That's what it makes me think of. I like it. The use of lime is nicely laid out. The bed may be a bit small but I think it matches the rest of the vehicle nicely. Making it bigger would pull things out of proportion maybe.

The seat could be a bit further backwards though. If you sit in this, it's almost as if you're outside of the cabin. I think if you swap the black 2L cross blocks that hold the seat, so the seat is 2 studs backwards relative to where it is now, it would be better. (But I don't know if there's anything in the way for that). Also, if parts availabilty permits it, I'd put two seats instead of one, to the left and right of the steering HOG axle. Then, seats can be even further backwards, so the driver can actually use the small side windows of the cabin.

Also, maybe you can swap the two 2x3x5 panels with the two 2x3x7 panels in a way, so the Claas stickers aren't upside down :) For the rest, nice model.

I can try adding more seats, but I like the way the panels are put. The bed looks odd any bigger, but I agree it is like a resource vehicle, maybe I can mod it to be my Tc12 entry, as a mobile base / resource service.

34 minutes ago, dagupa said:

I like the cabin and the tires look very good. It looks like something you would drive on Mars. Maybe a lab instead of a dumper.

Thank you, I can try a lab after, and have a hook lift attachment, to move the lab to the ground.

Sorry the video is taking long, I hadn't found time.

Sorry for long wait, but video is ready, it was short due to YouTube size limit, and quality isn't great, (on wifi, still no hd! What?!)

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

it was short due to YouTube size limit, and quality isn't great

That's strange... The limit is 2GB or 15 minutes, which easily allows FHD video... What file type are you using? ...or you not compressing your video at all?

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Hopefully i can rebuild my telehandler, tracked mini excavator, and get the crawler crane for a epic construction scene.

Then you would need construction site :wink: