ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

For whom that might be interested, here you can find the BI of the Efferman's Vertical Stand (first version, not the "more angled" version):

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10219/Lucioswitch81/effermans-vertical-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#bi

I hope that it will be useful!

Edited by Lucio Switch

Installed After step 9 and ist was very easy - justturned it around on the Sofa and got. it. Easily installed!!!

thank you efferman for the instructions and your work!!!

Thanks @Lucio Switch for making the BI.

This is exactly what I was looking for to display the falcon.

@efferman do you build the falcon to completion and then remove the landing gear and place on stand?  Is there an easier way for those that have not started building it yet?

5 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Thanks @Lucio Switch for making the BI.

This is exactly what I was looking for to display the falcon.

@efferman do you build the falcon to completion and then remove the landing gear and place on stand?  Is there an easier way for those that have not started building it yet?

Hi Technic_addict...you can build the falcon up to where u can put on the landing gear...then you can use Efferman's stand and build the rest of the falcon around it. I could have done that but I already completed my falcon before my bricklink stand came in. It would be easier to build around the stand as it may take two people to put the completed falcon on the stand. 

There’s another seller on eBay with instructions for how to build the vertical stand not sure if it’s any of you guys but thought you’d all like to know as I’m sure a previous post earlier in this thread said to say so 

Anyway The Ebay item number is 253207029183 and if I’m doing this right here’s the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INSTRUCTIONS-to-Build-a-Vertical-Stand-for-LEGO-75192-UCS-Millennium-Falcon-/253207029183?hash=item3af450a5bf:g:5OcAAOSwW9NZ4RLm

Hey guys, here are further pictures from my WIP!

gallery_8754_6727_79497.jpg

I think on the outside the only thing that has changed since my last update is the area between the mandibles on the underside!

gallery_8754_6681_26595.jpg

On the inside I have started to add some walls and a little bit of details, but that's still WIP!

gallery_8754_6681_23935.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_116998.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_467.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_162191.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_57718.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_98417.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_42039.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_22227.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_42297.jpg

Also still WIP is the light section! At the moment the engine is working, and we have light in the gun turret!

gallery_8754_6681_21479.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_68899.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_19814.jpg

Now I will see if I can get some light into the cockpit!

So that's all, hope you like it!

Edited by bricksmarlin

Added some lights. RF controller with 20 color options. Powered by a rechargeable USB battery.

20171015_162041

Edited by sed6

Now that I have the picture hosting figured out, here's the lights I used and the battery pack to power them. About $8 each on Amazon. You can see very little modification was needed.

20171015_164425

Here's another pic of the details. I needed only to substitute a 2x3 gray with two 1x2 blues to make room for the LED strip to pass through the middle. A little piece of clear tape secures both ends in place (better than kragle right?) until the tube ends are put back in place.

20171015_223729

Edited by sed6

Not much of a mod but here's how I'm considering hanging my MF on the wall. The ugly board is just for proof of concept and testing. Some simple strong cord is tied to the frame and run out the bottom. If you tie the cord at just the right length it won't touch or contact and body parts.

20171015_225449

I don't own this version (yet), but given it's even heavier than the original, I think if you hang it like that you're going to end up with the chassis warping over time. 

3 hours ago, sed6 said:

Not much of a mod but here's how I'm considering hanging my MF on the wall. The ugly board is just for proof of concept and testing. Some simple strong cord is tied to the frame and run out the bottom. If you tie the cord at just the right length it won't touch or contact and body parts.

Wow! I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to tie that much LEGO to my wall. If you paint the wall to look like the bridge of a Star Destroyer, it would look amazing!

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:53 AM, bricksmarlin said:

Can you post another pic or two of the detail between the mandibles? Perhaps pull the piece out and show how you attached it and some more detail?  Love the look and want to try to replicate it!

12 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

The part between the mandibles or the part in front of the landing gear?

Between the mandibles.  Looks like a 4x8 plate, vertical with greeblies. Curious to see it up close and how you attached it.  Thx!

Many mods to do here :)

I knew TLG probably wouldn't detail the bottom of the model too much - but leaving out large parts of the ship (as with the 10221) requires serious modding!

You can follow the step by step build and mods here: instagram.com/mortesv

I will make a comparison post when I am done :)

Hi every one

I have tried my best last weeks to create lxf for this 75192, so now I share this with community.

Hope it might be helpful for some of you...

75192.png

LXF File  (LDD 4.3.10)

Errors:

• Missing  all new parts specific to this model ( half cone 10x5x6...) and some not avalaible in LDD...= most replaced by custom solution.
  • Due to complexity and huge number of parts, not all parts are perfectly in place ( I guess almost 90 to 95 % are OK)=> only with the back part of cockpit which should be connect to the center of ship I give up :-(
  • No stickers
  • Minifigs are not 100% accurate

On 10/15/2017 at 9:45 PM, sed6 said:

Now that I have the picture hosting figured out, here's the lights I used and the battery pack to power them. About $8 each on Amazon. You can see very little modification was needed.

20171015_164425

Here's another pic of the details. I needed only to substitute a 2x3 gray with two 1x2 blues to make room for the LED strip to pass through the middle. A little piece of clear tape secures both ends in place (better than kragle right?) until the tube ends are put back in place.

20171015_223729

Hey Man, 

Awesome MOD... I emulated what you did here and pretty much did the same thing. The LEDs that I got are wired, but I'm sure I could find a USB 12v adapter. This is my first big MOD to a set, and the first time I've put lights on my Lego; I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my Slave I UCS and setting these two up somehow. So this is a question is for you and everyone else who has done lighting with Lego, with LEDs should I worry about how long I have the lights on, and whether or not it's going to melt or deteriorate the plastic? Any thoughts? 

Here is a shot of my Falcon lit up! I'm so glad that I found this Forum! I'm also ordering pieces to make the stand!! Can't wait to post that. 

Falcon.gif

3 hours ago, Juggernaut192 said:

Awesome MOD... with LEDs should I worry about how long I have the lights on, and whether or not it's going to melt or deteriorate the plastic? Any thoughts? 

Thanks! No worries about heat or melting. Some high power LED's do put out lots of heat, but not these little strip LED's, mine are cool to the touch after hours of use (in applications with the same LED's in other projects). 

Edited by sed6
cnat spele

On 10/15/2017 at 4:53 AM, bricksmarlin said:

On the inside I have started to add some walls and a little bit of details, but that's still WIP!gallery_8754_6681_162191.jpgAlso still WIP is the light section! At the moment the engine is working, and we have light in the gun turret!

gallery_8754_6681_21479.jpg

Really nice work so far! Did you cut up your light trans blue corrugated tubes?? What can you tell me about your lighting system? I think I see a charge light and charge jack hidden below the gunner? I'm not familiar with it.

11 hours ago, sed6 said:

Really nice work so far! Did you cut up your light trans blue corrugated tubes?? What can you tell me about your lighting system? I think I see a charge light and charge jack hidden below the gunner? I'm not familiar with it.

The tubes are from an old 4504 falcon! The lighting system is called "Light Stax"! The black part you mention is called Power Brick! Here is another picture! You can build directly on it, or you can use an extension cable for longer distances!

gallery_8754_6681_125091.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_52481.jpg

The piece between the mandible is made of:

part 32324 x1
2x4 Brick    x2
2x8 Plate    x1
1x8 Plate    x1
54200         x2
2412b         x3
3794b         x2
6231           x2
48656         x2
30413         x1
4599b         x1
98138         x1
56902         x2

You can find a better picture on page one of this thread! If the picture is not enough, I'll make new ones!

On 18.10.2017 at 10:20 AM, mortesv said:

Many mods to do here :)

I knew TLG probably wouldn't detail the bottom of the model too much - but leaving out large parts of the ship (as with the 10221) requires serious modding!

You can follow the step by step build and mods here: instagram.com/mortesv

I will make a comparison post when I am done :)

Excellent as always :thumbup:! Really love the internals of the two bottom engineering bays :wub:! I think I have to overwork my bottom panels!

Edited by bricksmarlin