ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Ignore the above, I was so sick of how fragile and poorly fitting the set is I’ve torn it apart and I’m requesting a refund, real disappointment.

6 minutes ago, LegoMark2022 said:

Ignore the above, I was so sick of how fragile and poorly fitting the set is I’ve torn it apart and I’m requesting a refund, real disappointment.

Yeah, this is the right spirit! :)

13 minutes ago, Lock said:

Yeah, this is the right spirit! :)

I’m sorry but for £700 this set is shocking, the internal technic structure is great, but the Lego panels that fit around is are loose and not well secured, you wave a hand and a bit falls off. Lock: your mods are great, it’s Lego that have created a fragile set that is not what I expected.

16 hours ago, LegoMark2022 said:

I’m sorry but for £700 this set is shocking, the internal technic structure is great, but the Lego panels that fit around is are loose and not well secured, you wave a hand and a bit falls off. Lock: your mods are great, it’s Lego that have created a fragile set that is not what I expected.

I understand what you mean, it’s not an easy set for people not used to “get their hands dirty” with complex mods. It’s nobody’s fault, everyone of us has their limits and tastes. Keep in mind this is a set for display, not for play; so it’s normal it’s not very sturdy.

But, besides that, it can give great satisfaction, despite the fact you can end up with one or two bricks left in your hand when you handle it. :)

Hi all, 

I know that I am extreemly late to the party with the MF but have not long had this and built it. Sitting nicely on the @efferman stand which I have to say is a real space saver. 

I have been going through this thread back and forth for quite some time and like the engine that @MatrixOne has done and really interested the the rear flaps that they were doing but cannot find any other post with any completion. Has anyone else done this or can @MatrixOne advise of any update. I know that this was quite some time ago. 

I am in the process of doing a bulk brink link order to get all the parts I need for all the mods. Will post some pictures once all completed. 

Mine is now partially dismantled, waiting in a box to move to its new house.

I had to almost completely dismantle the core, it was to big for any of my boxes -_-
It will be a real headache to rebuild it with the mods.. but that’s part of the fun :D.

Just watched a youtube video where someone printed out Millennium Falcon blueprints to the scale of their lego cockpit. I thought it was awesome and am going to try the same to upgrade my UCS Falcon for a more accurate look

On 3/20/2022 at 6:12 PM, Winmor29 said:

I redesigned the mandibles to be more accurate and having better placement of the access holes then that allowed room for a better front saucer. Also trying to make the panels slightly curved so it doesn’t look too flat

51950132681_a32f04de63_b.jpg

Very nice! I'd love to see it with greebles and of course finished paneling! :)

On 4/22/2022 at 5:57 AM, Schneeds said:

Here's the falcon as it stands currently.  I've pretty much resurfaced the entire thing, but the entire frame and structure is still stock. At some point I might tackle the underside, but that's a daunting task and never gets viewed as it sits horizontal in its display table.

52021439450_a613e6d098_h.jpg

52021438900_1ca858edaa_h.jpg

52021438455_fd63e49916_h.jpg

52021176514_23962c3b0b_h.jpg

52021439210_fe89d61e66_h.jpg

52020921391_12be574a4b_h.jpg

I have to get around to posting my AT-AT mods at some point. I think that set is a bit of a sleeper for mods. 

That looks amazing! :D

I’ve had this set for a few years and the large gaps in the hull plates have always annoyed me, so I’ve finally done something about it. 

It’s still a WIP but here’s the result of an afternoons work. I’ve made the gaps around the radar dish and between the plates and docking ring nearest the camera a fair bit smaller, and added a few bricks and plates to the back of the upper laser turret to fill the gaps in that area. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzB6DmCo23G/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=ZGM5NmRkODg2ZA==

Edited by Wonderpants

On 10/22/2017 at 3:55 AM, sed6 said:

Flattened out the rear, looks much better to me.

2017-10-21_09-45-48

Has anyone got a pic of the lower engine panel to show how this is done? I’ve seen the follow-up post saying to remove the red, white and tan parts, but it doesn’t seem to improve anything.

Hello everybody !

I received my Millennium Falcon 75192 at Christmas. I've been waiting for it for so long!

I just read this entire thread. Your creations are incredible! I would like to know if there is a list of components and/or instructions for assembling the mandible cover please?

I couldn't find a link in the thread about this.

Thank you so much !!

On 7/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, Neophyte_brickie said:

Here's the completed mod:

50158771782_080c7fe470_z.jpgIMG_0198

@Johbarr Do you mean this? (back on page 41 of this thread?)

I had removed the link to the instructions to save space in my drop box, but have restored it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q64hfhvqu4njitdhwzvtg/btwn_mandibles_mf_mod_2.pdf?rlkey=zomvdcn45k6mpm8cocvgrwdtp&dl=0

On 1/7/2024 at 5:31 AM, Neophyte_brickie said:

@Johbarr Do you mean this? (back on page 41 of this thread?)

I had removed the link to the instructions to save space in my drop box, but have restored it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q64hfhvqu4njitdhwzvtg/btwn_mandibles_mf_mod_2.pdf?rlkey=zomvdcn45k6mpm8cocvgrwdtp&dl=0

Thank you so much !! This is exactly what I was looking for :D

On 4/21/2022 at 10:57 PM, Schneeds said:

Here's the falcon as it stands currently.  I've pretty much resurfaced the entire thing, but the entire frame and structure is still stock. At some point I might tackle the underside, but that's a daunting task and never gets viewed as it sits horizontal in its display table.

52021439450_a613e6d098_h.jpg

52021438900_1ca858edaa_h.jpg

52021438455_fd63e49916_h.jpg

52021176514_23962c3b0b_h.jpg

52021439210_fe89d61e66_h.jpg

52020921391_12be574a4b_h.jpg

I have to get around to posting my AT-AT mods at some point. I think that set is a bit of a sleeper for mods. 

Looks great. Did you ever post the AT-AT mods?