ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

On 5/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, bdestena said:

Mandible internals added.

640x568.jpg

Hi @bdestena, Great mod. Would you please mind sharing the respective io file? Thanks

Regards

Edited by furger

Hi @bdestena, Great mods. Would you please mind sharing the respective io files for the airlock, engine and mandible? Thanks

Regards

On 3/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, bdestena said:

Thanks @Mandalorianknight.

For the engine I decided do go a different route and do an engine off version. I have 2 versions but can't completely decide. I tend to prefer the first version which looks more accurate.
MF_UCS_enginev1_panels.png

MF_UCS_enginev2_panels.png

I also worked on the inside of the mandibule, which is quite tough to make look like the real one.

Mandibule_c2.png

mandibule.jpeg

Finally the cockpit. This is a close as I can get due to the limited space inside. I made a mockup with parts I have and this design fits to mod the to bracket (1x2 inverted instead of 2x2) for attachment of the canopy so that the 2 rear seats fit.

MF%20cockpit_b2_4.png

2716c1f250a2c6bc7480321c0f1d9358.jpg

I'm placing my order soon to get the parts. I'll share picts of the actual build once done.
Happy to share the lego studio files if anybody wants them.

When they are ready, I would love to get your mod files - these look great. Please email to macguy@comcast.net - THANKS!

New member here - just wanted to start by saying hats off to you all - amazing creativity and technical ability on display with these mods! Received the UCS MF75192 for my forty-fifth birthday last week and am really enjoying the build. It’s my first foray into Lego since I was a kid in the eighties, have always been a huge Star Wars fan, and this model is just phenomenal in every respect. I’m considering trying my hand at some of the mods on here once I’ve completed the build (currently about to commence stage 12), but to start with I want to eliminate some of that dark grey hull detailing on the upper surface of the front mandibles. I really like the look of @bricksmarlin’s exterior, but don’t have any additional parts to what’s already in the set (I know how to order additional parts through the various online resale markets). What I’d like to know is are there sufficient parts in the set already to just swap light grey elements from the underside of the mandibles for the dark grey elements on top, without needing additional parts? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Neophyte_brickie said:

New member here - just wanted to start by saying hats off to you all - amazing creativity and technical ability on display with these mods! Received the UCS MF75192 for my forty-fifth birthday last week and am really enjoying the build. It’s my first foray into Lego since I was a kid in the eighties, have always been a huge Star Wars fan, and this model is just phenomenal in every respect. I’m considering trying my hand at some of the mods on here once I’ve completed the build (currently about to commence stage 12), but to start with I want to eliminate some of that dark grey hull detailing on the upper surface of the front mandibles. I really like the look of @bricksmarlin’s exterior, but don’t have any additional parts to what’s already in the set (I know how to order additional parts through the various online resale markets). What I’d like to know is are there sufficient parts in the set already to just swap light grey elements from the underside of the mandibles for the dark grey elements on top, without needing additional parts? Thanks.

I think I've found the answer to my question, after studying the assembly instructions - the arches can just be swapped out, but otherwise the upper surfaces of the mandibles use a much higher number of tiles and other parts with fewer studs than the undersides of the mandibles. Bummer.

Mods are coming along; cosmetic changes to the upper front mandibles inspired by @bricksmarlin, and used @ClassicLook’s solution to turn the circular vents to the correct orientation. Well along the way to @ClassicLook’s engine mod as well, just waiting on a final shipment of trans light blue 2x1 plates (miscalculated my original order), and still waiting on some parts for the Efferman stand. Also need to get some led strip lights.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qEb379W

Edited by Neophyte_brickie

11 hours ago, Neophyte_brickie said:

Mods are coming along; cosmetic changes to the upper front mandibles inspired by @bricksmarlin, and used @ClassicLook’s solution to turn the circular vents to the correct orientation. Well along the way to @ClassicLook’s engine mod as well, just waiting on a final shipment of trans light blue 2x1 plates (miscalculated my original order), and still waiting on some parts for the Efferman stand. Also need to get some led strip lights.

https://imgur.com/gallery/qEb379W

Hi,

Thank you for mentioning my MODs. Have a lot fun modifying your Falcon and don't hesitate to post the end result! :wink:

Hey guys I dont really know where else to post this. I plan on buying this set soon, and I think it would be a great set to build with 4 or 5 other people. If i had multiple instruction booklets on different iPads for people to use, could parts like the cockpit and the interior rooms be assembled seperately by other people while the main body of the ship is being built? 

2 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

Hey guys I dont really know where else to post this. I plan on buying this set soon, and I think it would be a great set to build with 4 or 5 other people. If i had multiple instruction booklets on different iPads for people to use, could parts like the cockpit and the interior rooms be assembled seperately by other people while the main body of the ship is being built? 

You can download pdf instructions on the Lego website I think. Sounds like a fun event you re planning

Just now, stifos said:

You can download pdf instructions on the Lego website I think. Sounds like a fun event you re planning

Yea I know that I was just wondering if anyone knew if it's a good set to build with multiple people at once. Like I could be building the main body while someone else builds the cockpit, someone else builds the interior rooms, and other people could build the different panels that are on the exterior of the ship. I was going to get the Star Destroyer but the build for that looks really boring

5 hours ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

Yea I know that I was just wondering if anyone knew if it's a good set to build with multiple people at once. Like I could be building the main body while someone else builds the cockpit, someone else builds the interior rooms, and other people could build the different panels that are on the exterior of the ship. I was going to get the Star Destroyer but the build for that looks really boring

It can be easily done. I remember I watched a 5 people build on YouTube when it came out. :)

Just now, Lock said:

It can be easily done. I remember I watched a 5 people build on YouTube when it came out. :)

I saw the video by Adam Savage's Tested team where they built it, it looked very fun

All mods completed, for now:

50102964217_3aa68af0cd_z.jpg

View of the upper side, showing elimination of some of the dark bluish grey from the front mandibles (inspired by @bricksmarlin), and the vents mod (credit to @ClassicLook)

50102156523_b4625a1c00_z.jpg

50102156328_172e4afc51_z.jpg

Secure on the Efferman Stand - kudos to @efferman for a simply brilliant piece of engineering!

50102735941_6bd2bd83a3_z.jpg

50102964457_6e055e73b2_z.jpg

@ClassicLook's engine mod, with LED strip light. The IR receiver unit is concealed within the empty interior space.  Also modded the rear underside panel that sits under the engines, to reduce the sagging in the middle - simply replaced the hinge connections of the right and left wings to the central part with solid plates.  It doesn't completely eliminate the gap but it's good enough for me.

That's enough for now, I think.  Thanks to all the users who have contributed to this forum topic - it is a goldmine of inspiration.  I want to eventually fill in the gap right inside the front between the mandibles (not the escape pod, but the bit you only see if you are peering up between the mandibles) - @bdestena, your solution to this is the best I have seen, would you be prepared to share the io file?  Maybe one day I'll mod the cockpit to add seats - I like @Lock's cockpit mod the best. 

Edited by Neophyte_brickie

After having built this months ago and finding this magnificent thread, I have finally started to modify my MF.  I have it mounted on the @efferman stand sitting on a turntable ready to transform.  Thanks to all the hard work that has gone before.  It is really enjoyable (and overwhelming) to read through all the pages here and see to innovation and cooperation.

Great work!

On 7/12/2020 at 5:22 AM, Neophyte_brickie said:

All mods completed, for now:

50102964217_3aa68af0cd_z.jpg

View of the upper side, showing elimination of some of the dark bluish grey from the front mandibles (inspired by @bricksmarlin), and the vents mod (credit to @ClassicLook)

50102156523_b4625a1c00_z.jpg

50102156328_172e4afc51_z.jpg

Secure on the Efferman Stand - kudos to @efferman for a simply brilliant piece of engineering!

50102735941_6bd2bd83a3_z.jpg

50102964457_6e055e73b2_z.jpg

@ClassicLook's engine mod, with LED strip light. The IR receiver unit is concealed within the empty interior space.  Also modded the rear underside panel that sits under the engines, to reduce the sagging in the middle - simply replaced the hinge connections of the right and left wings to the central part with solid plates.  It doesn't completely eliminate the gap but it's good enough for me.

That's enough for now, I think.  Thanks to all the users who have contributed to this forum topic - it is a goldmine of inspiration.  I want to eventually fill in the gap right inside the front between the mandibles (not the escape pod, but the bit you only see if you are peering up between the mandibles) - @bdestena, your solution to this is the best I have seen, would you be prepared to share the io file?  Maybe one day I'll mod the cockpit to add seats - I like @Lock's cockpit mod the best. 

Nice job! Keep going!:thumbup:

Hey @bdestena, i really like your mandibles mod. I will be thankf if you can send me the io file for this mod, i don't mind the steps, the raw design will be enough.

thanms

So I've been working on a mod to cover the exposed Technics elements between the mandibles.  I've essentially copied @bdestena's design for this mod, but have altered it to get around a few issues; I wasn't happy with how far forward it had to be placed in order to fit; further, it also required removing (or at least turning by 180 degrees) the three thin inverted 2x2 hinge plates at the front edge of the upper surface of the lower hull panel that juts out between the mandibles on the underside of the ship.  Looking closely at bdestena's photo it appears they have done a fair bit of modification to the upper side of that panel (the one that 'hangs' directly underneath where the mod sits), and I didn't want to modify the kit that much.  But I love the aesthetic of bdestena's design, and I'm not fussed on installing concussion missiles (as cool as that is - sorry @Lock!) so I wanted mine to fill the full 10 x 4 gap.  Basically all that was required was to increase the size of the cutout along the bottom part of the mod to accomodate the elements connecting the underside panel to the Technics frame, and reorient some of the greebling on the front of the mod.

Here's the Stud.io render:

50149868732_6fa3f8fef0_z.jpgUntitled 

And here's a proof of concept/mock-up installed (note this is not the final mod, I am still waiting on some parts from a Bricklink order - there is too much dark bluish grey on my prototype and it is missing the wheel pieces):

50149086583_3d36335002_z.jpgUntitled 

Here’s my OT-ifying mods to my 75192, it’s mostly the usual, removing most of the tan, changing the dark grey for light grey in some areas.

IMG_1109

IMG_1110

I finally received my Falcon on Friday and built it with 7 other people in 1 day. It looks amazing, but I feel like we made some mistakes.

50156843551_66cc123c17_b.jpgUntitled by Sucram H, on Flickr

This bottom back part is connected with a hinge, and it seems like it should fold up a bit, but if i try to fold it up it doesnt want to move. Is this normal?

50157079112_7b19a700c3_b.jpgUntitled by Sucram H, on Flickr

Ive also got a lot of spare pieces, way more than seems normal, even for a set this big.

@LEGODrongo01 The back part seems ok, but the spare parts are way too many. Usually Lego doesn’t provide copies of big bricks like plates or bigger-than-1x1 elements.

Edited by Lock

Just now, Lock said:

@LEGODrongo01 The back part seems ok, but the spare parts are way too many. Usually Lego doesn’t provide copies of big bricks like plates or bigger-than-1x1 elements.

If the back part is meant to be like that, then thats pretty lame. As for the spare pieces, we definitely missed something then, I especially have loads of those black technic pieces used to reinforce the frame. But the ship looks and feels fine so i dont know.

1 minute ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

If the back part is meant to be like that, then thats pretty lame. As for the spare pieces, we definitely missed something then, I especially have loads of those black technic pieces used to reinforce the frame. But the ship looks and feels fine so i dont know.

Some of us changed that part, as it’s not very sexy. You can find some pics in the previous pages.

About spare pieces... well, MF is a piece of junk so, if you’ve missed something, it won’t be a big problem, :)