ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Well here are my MOD's to the UCS Millennium Falcon, the flooring to the ship is done and so is the gunners stations all I need to do now is too put up the walls. 

More updates coming soon...More updates coming soon...

How stable is it? Is the bottom now a solid piece instead of those frame pieces lowering down to make the center seem taller? Looking at what Marshall did, the bottom appears solid. Looks like you are making it quite strong as well. 

The modified ship is just as strong as the original UCS ship but with an actual interior. What I did to do that is that is I used technic pieces to bridge both sides of it together. I used about 16-24 technic pieces to bridge (I can not say exactly because I am out for vacation). I will be posting pictures of the ships structure probably tomorrow. What I did to the flooring to be of the same level was to remove of part of the diagonal stud pieces from the left (When looking at the ship from behind). Because of the format of ships floorplan that was the only thing that I needed to modify from the below the floor. 

Edited by Jerry McGlade

I made a pose-able turret seat. initially wanted to do the same on the lower turret but there's not enough space to do so in the current state.

41908644230_1ea603bbcb_c.jpg

The seat is attached using a ball joint, allowing many angles.

42813691485_59145862cd_c.jpg

The original seat has to be removed though, in order to make this installation fit.

42813689815_e028f24d4d_c.jpg

Also, for the interested, I took some pictures of the original Falcon model for Episode 5 and 6, it were the worst conditions ever to take pictures though. (link).

43 minutes ago, Sebeus I said:

I made a pose-able turret seat.

Great idea and nice build, i like it a lot

I've been following this thread for a while and decided to post pictures of my falcon. Many of these mods are inspired from posts on this forum. Sorry for the blurry pictures, I couldn't get the focus to work properly.

Here you can see some work I did to detail the gunners seat a little bit. I decided to add another room, which is on the right. I didn't like the blue tubes that came stock, so one of the main mods on my falcon is the new engine section ( inspired by @bricksmarlin . However, I changed the design a bit which incorporates trans clear headlight bricks to connect the engine section to the frame. This allows for a full row of trans pieces. The engine section is attached to the falcon using 1x1 bricks with holes and technic pins.

With the engine mod, I needed to flatten out the bottom panels in the back. I did this by removing some plates and hoisting the whole panel up using some technic pieces (you can see this in the bottom right of the falcon. I also modded the back of the frame to include a "tray" for an led strip, which works very well. It is not pictured anywhere in this post but I also redid the bottom panels.

DSC_0008

Here is a full view without top panels:

DSC_0006

Here are some close ups of the rooms. The kiss room has only been modified slightly. The one I designed id supposed to represent the room where Han fixes the hyperdrive, this is represented by a small compartment in the floor (which can fit a minifig. The room also has blaster storage, 2 beds, and 2 hallways.The battery pack for the leds sits in my extra room. There is a lot of greebling/controls on the walls. I got a new sticker sheet from LEGO for free (just email customer service and give them your manual number). To accommodate the extra room, I needed to mirror the panels from the left onto the right. This was a somewhat bothersome process and required a few extra pieces.

DSC_0012DSC_0009DSC_0010

DSC_0047

DSC_0013

I made new engine flaps, designed by @MatrixOne . These match the studio model better in my opinion. You can also see the engine with leds turned on. I decided to keep the grey rigging because I think It looks nice. You can also see some custom underside details in the back, this mod uses a lot of 2x2 inverted tiles and some greebling pieces.

DSC_0014

DSC_0045

DSC_0015

The in-between the mandibles piece is also taken from @bricksmarlin. I believe there is an lxf made by @Lock somewhere on this topic. This is one of the most effictive and simple mods for the falcon. Sorry for the blurred picture.

DSC_0041

There have been a lot of minor exterior mods, that match the studio model and coloring. Most dark-tan has been replaced with light blueish grey. Most of these changes are inspired form @bricksmarlin, but also highly influenced by my available pieces. Here you can also see my cockpit mod, which can seat all 4 figures with the top closed. This was pretty simple and could probably be replicated just by the picture. You just need to remove the two 1x2 plates with rails. I also added some grey plates and tiles to the loading ramp.

DSC_0046

DSC_0024

DSC_0043

DSC_0026

Here is my favorite shot, you can see @Lock's vent fan rotaion mod. This does raise the top side fans by 1 plate, but I think it is abetter solution then LEGO's.

DSC_0042

Everything is a work in progress. Looking at these pictures, I can find a few things I need to go back and fix.

Also the remote for the led's isn't working, any ideas why? It worked fine for a few days, but won't do anything now.

I will soon be getting @efferman's stand to display my falcon. For those of you who have already used this stand: do you have any advice for safely applying the falcon and getting the panels secured after?

Edited by jbengle
Grammar and etc.

Wow @jbengle, that’s an outstanding work!

I really love the new room configuration, it’s so... Soloish! :)

About vents, a lot of time passed and I cannot remember well, but in my mods article I read I modified the plates to avoid coming up by one “stud”. The LDD file is at the end of the section, it may be a bit outdated because sometimes, when I physically apply a mod, I need to change something, but you can have a look:

http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#ventole

sorry for post being in Italian, you can click the page-shaped icon in the top bar to have a (bad) google translation. :)

Edited by Lock
Grammar too. :)

Hi, thanks for all the great posts and info

Anyone have the parts list for @MatrixOne rear engine and @Lock interior? I have no spare parts at all so i would need to buy all from bricklink.

Thanks!

I've tried uploading the lxf files for the interior into bricklink but it keeps coming up with errors saying parts are not in their catalog etc

Edited by firehendrikx

52 minutes ago, firehendrikx said:

I've tried uploading the lxf files for the interior into bricklink but it keeps coming up with errors saying parts are not in their catalog etc

Yeah, that's the bad thing about BL, especially with big files: it doesn't recognise a lot of correct pieces.

I usually take note of the error (in the red error popup) and remove it from the project, then add manually. But it's a long and tedious work.

I don't know if anyone knows any tool that will clean the part list for BL (I think there are some, but I can't remember at the moment).

Anyway keep in mind that project is not perfect. A few bricks on the walls doesn't match with the MF structure. Because I was too lazy to reconstruct it exactly as Lego one (I guess you're R.H., right?).

35 minutes ago, Lock said:

Yeah, that's the bad thing about BL, especially with big files: it doesn't recognise a lot of correct pieces.

I usually take note of the error (in the red error popup) and remove it from the project, then add manually. But it's a long and tedious work.

I don't know if anyone knows any tool that will clean the part list for BL (I think there are some, but I can't remember at the moment).

Anyway keep in mind that project is not perfect. A few bricks on the walls doesn't match with the MF structure. Because I was too lazy to reconstruct it exactly as Lego one (I guess you're R.H., right?).

I prefer using Rebrickable to get these files onto BrickLink.  Brickstock will work with a bit more effort and time.

Here it is, the heavily modded Millennium Falcon with removable shooters cockpit and a very strong skeleton because of having a double lattice. The only thing that I have to do is to finish the passageway to the pilots cockpit.

Modifying the Millennium Falcon heavily, with removable shooter cockpit with the flooring behind on top of a double lattice which is connected to the rest of ships skeleton.Modifying the Millennium Falcon heavily, with removable shooter cockpit with the flooring behind on top of a double lattice which is connected to the rest of ships skeleton.Modifying the Millennium Falcon heavily, with removable shooter cockpit with the flooring behind on top of a double lattice which is connected to the rest of ships skeleton.Modifying the Millennium Falcon heavily, with removable shooter cockpit with the flooring behind on top of a double lattice which is connected to the rest of ships skeleton.Exterior of Millennium Falcon.

Hey guys, just wanted to show y'all what I did with the room containing the drop-down turret (the front right I think?) I could only fit 3 pictures into this post so if anyone wants to see a top-down just let me know. Anyway, I was looking at a ship schematic someone posted and thought it would be cool to include some kind of life support system. I also threw together some kind of manual controls panel for the turret with a swivel chair. I borrowed the little workstation from a previous post and put that in here as well. Nice work on the mods everyone!

1621420195_Pic206__1535950198_104_172.3_16.jpg.4792c61292487d3a37b84e106a91dc07.jpg132043595_Pic205__1535950181_104_172.3_16.jpg.943dd2034564bd83d1dbb6626bfeab51.jpg918751727_Pic203__1535950166_104_172.3_16.jpg.39327ccdd4d62d5104152b06a58777d6.jpg

Hello all. Long time Lego fan, picked up 75192 after missing out on the original UCS many years ago. Turns out it was for the better as the latest update is arguably better. I don’t know how they could improve on it without pricing it out of reach.

Started my build late as I just recently found a space and spare time to build it. Some of your ideas here inspired my “special modifications”, working on a few more as I built it. I’ll post pics later today when I get back home. 

Changed up the detail on the mandibles. The light is still there, just hidden behind the slats, like a classic Camaro’s headlights. 

30642207438_f8c59fcb8a_b.jpg

Also re-aligned the exhaust vents. 

44462516652_42e0e69d56_b.jpg

Added some support plates to keep the technic beans from spreading as the mandibles sagged. Didn’t solve it 100%, but there’s a definite improvement. 

44462516662_df686a3231_b.jpg

Added some lighting on the lower hull, not functional (yet). 

30642207228_0ff26d05be_b.jpg

Akso replaced the 3x6 angled baseplates where the mandibles meet the saucer with 4x4 angled baseplates for a smoother transition to the outer saucer shape. 3x3 angled baseplates result in a similar effect. Towards the front of the saucer at the edge of the mandible, I also layered a 3x8 angled baseplate to ease that shape transition a bit, do the front doesn’t look to squashed. 

44462514782_8d5fbc8d78_b.jpg30642207828_7afbc5956d_b.jpg

Edited by viking44

Exterior of UCS Millennium Falcon with flush interior with everything in it (movie version, episode 4)

Interior and exterior of ship, interior being flush. Hallway to cockpit being completed soon.

This is it, episode four ship. Fully furnished from inside and out. 

In order to make the ship more structurally secure I make the floor to be above a double lattice which is this case I make 1 by 3 technic pieces of many kinds i.e. 90 degree, x pieces etc to make the ships structure to be as strong as posible. The later part was simply to put the flooring on top. Questions welcome!

Instructions coming soon... (free just so you know, probably on Flickr)

Edited by Jerry McGlade
more information

On 10/1/2018 at 11:52 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

Exterior of UCS Millennium Falcon with flush interior with everything in it (movie version, episode 4)

Interior and exterior of ship, interior being flush. Hallway to cockpit being completed soon.

This is it, episode four ship. Fully furnished from inside and out. 

In order to make the ship more structurally secure I make the floor to be above a double lattice which is this case I make 1 by 3 technic pieces of many kinds i.e. 90 degree, x pieces etc to make the ships structure to be as strong as posible. The later part was simply to put the flooring on top. Questions welcome!

Instructions coming soon... (free just so you know, probably on Flickr)

Looks really nice

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone notice some damages in the structure of the Falcon using the "Efferman stand"?

I've just got the Falcon and I wanted to be sure, that it's safe in the vertical position.

My other quastion is: what is the exact size of the right back area? I'd like to build in a power source there to run the LEDs.

3 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone notice some damages in the structure of the Falcon using the "Efferman stand"?

Mine is still going strong 6+ months on. Moved it from a work surface to a carefully and purposefully installed shelf (I had to install it 1" away from wall to ensure the stand had full coverage).

During the move most of the handling was using the stand than lifting the falcon. It is well designed.

My lights are a battery powered source. You can see it on the bottom right of the photo. I've kept it external due to the height.

800x600.jpg

Edited by azzer86
Battery paragraph

4 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Mine is still going strong 6+ months on. Moved it from a work surface to a carefully and purposefully installed shelf (I had to install it 1" away from wall to ensure the stand had full coverage).

During the move most of the handling was using the stand than lifting the falcon. It is well designed.

Thank you for your help! It seems that the sceleton of the Falcon is strong enough to keep it in this position for a long time.

23 hours ago, azzer86 said:

My lights are a battery powered source. You can see it on the bottom right of the photo. I've kept it external due to the height.

Is it possible to see lights in action? I'm curious. :)

14 hours ago, Lock said:

Is it possible to see lights in action? I'm curious. :)

I used your engine mod (after a couple of minor amendments) and reattached the engine grille.

As you can see on the first photo, I've also rotated the vents on top to point forward and opened up the back right (pretty much a mirror image of the left hand opening)

1280x1707.jpg

1280x1707.jpg

1280x960.jpg