ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

20 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

I don't know if its ok to post this here but anyone interested in modifying the 75192 the latest's blocks magazine have published the first of four articles on modifications on this set presumably the others will follow over the next three issues

Very interesting, thanks. :)

I am, I have already modified the ship to look like the original Millennium Falcon excluding some of the passageways. At the moment I am making the passageway to the cockpit and the hall to it with the room in front of it. I would be really interested in seeing the mods The Brick did to the piece of junk. 

20 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

I am, I have already modified the ship to look like the original Millennium Falcon excluding some of the passageways. At the moment I am making the passageway to the cockpit and the hall to it with the room in front of it. I would be really interested in seeing the mods The Brick did to the piece of junk. 

Can you post some pic?

Here is my modded Millennium Falcon, the hallways are not complete but by Sunday it will be completed (hopefully).

picture number one, the hallway which is being built

hyperdrive room with entrance, and room with bathroom (needs door)

Hall way with cargo bay with entrance from hyperdrive room

Hallway being built to cockpit, major modifications need to be built in order for it to work.

any suggestions would be great.

Well the links do not work... sorry

8 minutes ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Well the links do not work... sorry

Ahah, I was getting mad. :)

Use https://postimages.org/ and copy the forum-ready link, it’s the easiest method.

Edited by Lock
Damn autocorrector!

Interesting work in progress, I’ve still to decide what to do about that (wannabe) room (was thinking about a place where to store the not used antenna), but maybe an hallway to the cockpit would be a better idea.

Hey guys! Been creeping for a bit and love all of your mods! Thanks for all the tips and inspiration. I just added engine LED's to my falcon, and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a good method of lighting the cockpit yet? I think that light should be really subtle to be appropriate for the scale. Any ideas?

Edit: would love to add landing lights too!

Edited by FreedomAndGlory

2 hours ago, Lock said:

Interesting work in progress, I’ve still to decide what to do about that (wannabe) room (was thinking about a place where to store the not used antenna), but maybe an hallway to the cockpit would be a better idea.

Right now I am attempting to make the hallway go all the way to the cockpit, and recently just started to make the ramp up go to shooters cockpit and the hall. Again work in progress.

22 hours ago, FreedomAndGlory said:

Hey guys! Been creeping for a bit and love all of your mods! Thanks for all the tips and inspiration. I just added engine LED's to my falcon, and I was wondering if anyone had come up with a good method of lighting the cockpit yet? I think that light should be really subtle to be appropriate for the scale. Any ideas?

Edit: would love to add landing lights too!

For the old version of the UCS Falcon, I used Lifelites.  They are very small with a variety of ways of wiring them together.  Lifelites

There are some thumb sized pictures to show what is possible.  For the cockpit there is an overhead light and two on the control console.  For the new model it might be more difficult to run the wire because of the interior.  I don't have it, so can't comment on it.

th_cockpit.jpg

th_lt%20ventral.jpg

th_lt%20ramp2.jpg

th_lt%20full.jpg

Edited by sandtrooper

5 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

For the old version of the UCS Falcon, I used Lifelites.  They are very small with a variety of ways of wiring them together.  Lifelites

There are some thumb sized pictures to show what is possible.  For the cockpit there is an overhead light and two on the control console.  For the new model it might be more difficult to run the wire because of the interior.  I don't have so can't comment on it.

th_cockpit.jpg

th_lt%20ventral.jpg

th_lt%20ramp2.jpg

th_lt%20full.jpg

Those look phenomenal!  Thank you!!

The end of the weekend is near, and so far everything hopefully will sound very clear. And now here is my finshed hallways with an entrance with some elevated slopes which then transfers into the entrance with the entrance to the gunners cockpit.

I had a look to the current issue of Blocks magazine about MF mods.

In short they moved the rear Lego room from left to right (like I did in my first mod) and built the night section there.

E3_B01_FF7-421_D-4_FBC-_AE9_B-_A5927_B5_

While it’s very nice, I think they got it totally wrong, as the hyperdrive position should be (more or less) where Lego placed it, and beds are no way in that spot on the real Falcon.

However it’s an interesting solution. :)

Update: Hmmm... having a better look at it, it seems they didn’t swap rooms at all, they just built the night section in the right room.

Edited by Lock

I think your original thought was true on that they put it in the wrong place. Remember the sleeping quarters are behind the main hold, and this one is to the left of the entrance. You can see that because of the angle of the slope of the "roof" of the ship. The sleeping quarters are in front and to the left of hyperdrive room looking at the ship from behind. 

Still very much a work in process, I have lots to do before its anywhere near completion but as the subject is on lighting the Falcon I thought I’d post my plans. 

I’m using some old usb powered xmas lights and have them situated inside the Falcon and will be drilling into the base board so I can use them as landing lights in a ring. I do think the cockpit light is a bit bright still so I may have to reposition that one. 

0q9zd0P.jpg

VwSguGw.jpg

HTuL0vs.jpg

2 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

I think your original thought was true on that they put it in the wrong place. Remember the sleeping quarters are behind the main hold, and this one is to the left of the entrance. You can see that because of the angle of the slope of the "roof" of the ship. The sleeping quarters are in front and to the left of hyperdrive room looking at the ship from behind. 

I've superimposed the Lego MF on an official blueprint and realized that, technically the sleeping quarters are not visible at all:

11310-MF-75192-Interni-01s.jpg

But I can accept some license because it's nice to let something in sight.

I decided I'll let a part of round hall to be visible, because it's a big part of  the Falcon.

Here's my project (I'm waiting for a pair of Bricklink orders to make it real):

11310-MF-75192-BP-Interni-01s.jpg

1 - Hallway

2 - Berth

3 - Hidden compartment

4 - Relax zone

5 - Kitchen

6 - Hyperdrive

7 - Escape pod

8 - Armory

9 - Big hidden compartment

10 - "Han-Leia kiss room"

11 - General cargo zone

Edited by Lock
Sorry, too big images.

huh that is interesting, the sleeping quarters in the cross section books it is in the upper left side of the Millennium Falcon, where did you get your schematics from?

Just now, Jerry McGlade said:

huh that is interesting, the sleeping quarters in the cross section books it is in the upper left side of the Millennium Falcon, where did you get your schematics from?

From these two books (sorry italian text): http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11564

Of course my version is "licensed" as well. Just a general idea about where is where, as it's not possible to recreate the real zones with a perfect match. :)

Could you shot some pic from more far? It’s very hard to understand well where those mods are in the Falcon. :)

16 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Yeah of course, here are the photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152598045@N05/shares/NtS91G

and here is the layout plan for the ship

Yes but if you superimpose it on the LEGO one you see that beds are non visible from the hole (but who cares, we do as we like). :)

Thanks for the pics, it’s clearer now. But how do you think to display it? You need to mod a lot of top panels.