ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Honestly I find the UCS far more proportionally accurate than MB's Falcon, as great as it is. Aside from the interior and the "engine flaps", I'd rather just clean up my UCS version than build MB's.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, AIex said:

Honestly I find the UCS far more proportionally accurate than MB's Falcon, as great as it is. Aside from the interior and the "engine flaps", I'd rather just clean up my UCS version than build MB's.

Hm, I honestly think they are about the same size. However, I can't justify buying the MB version as I'm not that crazy about interior. I'll just settle on doing some small mods to the ucs... 

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but it seems Lego's finally making 3x3 macaroni tiles in light bley, which means they could be used to make the 6 vents at the back of the Falcon more accurately sized, since they currently use 4x4 macaronis which make the vents too big. Probably not ideal currently since you need 24 of them and the most any one store has on Bricklink is 12.

38 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but it seems Lego's finally making 3x3 macaroni tiles in light bley, which means they could be used to make the 6 vents at the back of the Falcon more accurately sized, since they currently use 4x4 macaronis which make the vents too big. Probably not ideal currently since you need 24 of them and the most any one store has on Bricklink is 12.

It sounds interesting. :)

I redesigned the mandibles to be more accurate and having better placement of the access holes then that allowed room for a better front saucer. Also trying to make the panels slightly curved so it doesn’t look too flat

51950132681_a32f04de63_b.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic, could we get some pics showing how its connected to the rest of the frame?

Seconded. This has caught my attention. I really like the smoothness of the mandibles,and I think the curved dome is a great idea. I'd love to see more.

Edited by ScottishDave

Agree, my biggest gripe with the offical set is the front panels aren’t “round” enough. The back is alright at creating the saucer shape, but those front two that sit on the mandibles are just too straight lined.

Edited by ptrg

Hi so the mandibles are done first by modifying the frame to be 1 stud tall

51953392411_f7250ec22d_b.jpg

I then built the mandible with the top and bottom built together but still space between

51953990535_397c29fd84_b.jpg

Then to put the mandible in you have to open the frame and slide the frame between the top and bottom of the mandible

51953473013_fbb66b1061_b.jpg

Then close the frame and build the mandible wall bit

51954007365_927f059479_b.jpg

After this the structural stuff is pretty much done and the mandible holds in very well. It does sag a stud but my mandibles before any modifications did too so It doesn’t really bother me. Hope this helps

Edited by Winmor29

A job well done on your part. Definitely bridging the gap between the official UCS and Marshall Banana's MOC

There are some great ideas here.  I too have a UCS falcon and would like to try some modifications, specifically to the interior.  I've been looking for bricklink studio step-by-step instructions so that I can see how things work digitally first, but can't seem to find any.  I've found some digital models, but they seem to just add all the parts all at once and I need the individual steps. 

Does anyone know if there are step-by-step Studio instructions online anywhere?

Cheers, and keep up the great work!

Waiting on my last few orders to arrive then the modding shall begin :D

Edited by Lego Carl

I wasn't brave enough to do a complete redesign of the mandibles like Winmor, but I did re-tile most of the exterior to get it as close to MB's as I could.  Given those limitations, it turned out quite well in the end and is much slicker than the original.

*Edit:  Current pictures below.

MFtop by Schneeds FlickerSchneeds, on Flickr

Edited by Schneeds

Don't suppose you'd be able to show some breakdowns at all? That looks absolutely fantastic

On 4/11/2022 at 6:07 AM, Schneeds said:

I wasn't brave enough to do a complete redesign of the mandibles like Winmor, but I did re-tile most of the exterior to get it as close to MB's as I could.  Given those limitations, it turned out quite well in the end and is much slicker than the original.

51995758734_16f7ee518d_b.jpgMFtop by Schneeds FlickerSchneeds, on Flickr

This looks so good especially the mandibles, is it just tiles on top of the originals or SNOT?

No, I ended up using the new 2x4 tiles and some of the old 4x8 plate wedges.  I'll  try to get some high quality current pictures up this coming week.

52016173888_f6cf8ec712_h.jpg

This is how my Falcon is looking atm... Got a lot of inspiration and designs from this thread. Really want to thank @Lock, @bdestena and @Thatguymax for their amazing designs that made this 10x better!! Did a bit of a redesign of the back hull to get rid of those really big lego exhaust vents... Settled on the design used by MarshallBanana and got the talented ThrawnsRevenge to do some greeble work... Some small things still left to tackle but I'm pretty happy with how it looks right now... 

Edited by Lego Carl

3 hours ago, Lego Carl said:

This is how my Falcon is looking atm... Got a lot of inspiration and designs from this thread. Really want to thank @Lock, @bdestena and @Thatguymax for their amazing designs that made this 10x better!! Did a bit of a redesign of the back hull to get rid of those really big lego exhaust vents... Settled on the design used by MarshallBanana and got the talented ThrawnsRevenge to do some greeble work... Some small things still left to tackle but I'm pretty happy with how it looks right now... 

You’re welcome!

And you’ve made a great job. :)

Here's the falcon as it stands currently.  I've pretty much resurfaced the entire thing, but the entire frame and structure is still stock. At some point I might tackle the underside, but that's a daunting task and never gets viewed as it sits horizontal in its display table.

52021439450_a613e6d098_h.jpg

52021438900_1ca858edaa_h.jpg

52021438455_fd63e49916_h.jpg

52021176514_23962c3b0b_h.jpg

52021439210_fe89d61e66_h.jpg

52020921391_12be574a4b_h.jpg

I have to get around to posting my AT-AT mods at some point. I think that set is a bit of a sleeper for mods. 

Edited by Schneeds

To @Schneeds really like you Mandible mods any instructions on those. Am modifying mine a lot to and would like to add your idea. Could probably reverse engineer it but instructions would save me the head hache..lol

IMG_3288IMG_3286IMG_3309IMG_3307IMG_3300

I don't have any instructions.  Basically I just rebuilt the top two levels of plates; first using 4x8 wedges which I think you have to buy used, and then the top by alternating the new 2x4 tile wedges with 2x3 wedges.  Then did the same for the bottom. Before you put the plates back on, add plates to the rear of two technic beams that make up the frame to span the gap with 2x3, 3x3  plates etcetera, so that you have the foundation for securing the 1x2 jumpers that you will put the 2x plates on for the greebling base.  There's a fair amount of trial and error building the plates because all the hidden support plates  have to fit with in the frame, but overall not too difficult.

Edited by Schneeds

I'm looking for Mods to put on my falcon, like engine mods, interior mods something to fill the spare room.  I know their is a web page that others talk about,  however you can't get the bricks or instructions from that web page so if anyone has any mods that they can send me, then please let me know and we can get together.  Thank you 

Has anyone managed to improve the fit/finish of the cockpit corridor “tube” to the cockpit, particularly in terms of keeping it flush or in place?