ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Greetings, fellow Star Wars and LEGO fanatics! What an adventure reading this thread has been for the last couple months! It's so cool to see that it's still going after over 3 years and that people are still finding ways of improving their Falcons' accuracy. I know some people have complained that the designers didn't get it accurate enough in the first place, but I think one of the beautiful things about this set is that there is still so much to be discovered and added to make it our own. There are so many brilliant people on this forum and I thank all of you for sharing your upgrades and tweaks. There are several that I have borrowed and a couple modifications I've come up with myself that I hope you all will approve of. I'd have to say the one I'm most proud of is the most recent one I've come up with, and is the reason I signed up to join this forum, so that I could share it with all of you. I'm really very surprised I haven't seen anybody try this yet, but I'm quite proud to be the first! Anyway, I know one of the main complaints about the rear exhaust ports is that they're too large, but I can accept that because I think the way they're designed is quite brilliant. However, what I haven't seen anybody address yet is the fact that they are too far apart. So what I've done is simply move them closer together into what I think is the most accurate arrangement possible. I hope the attached pictures serve as an adequate guide for what I've done. I've also switched out the light bluish grey tiles inside the vents for dark bluish grey, which I think looks much more accurate. Further fiddling over the last few weeks has led me to fill in various gaps between panels and such, as well as move some things around towards the ends of the docking ports to better integrate the top and sides. As of right now, I'm still content with how the docking rings look, but we'll see what happens in the future.

IMG-4868.jpgIMG-4869.jpgIMG-4870.jpgIMG-4873.jpgIMG-4874.jpgIMG-4875.jpgIMG-4876.jpgIMG-4877.jpgIMG-4878.jpgIMG-4879.jpgIMG-4858.jpg

Edited by A McV

Hello fellow Falcon addicts.  I must say you all are awesome.  Thanks so very much for sharing your moc’s and ideas. I have used some of them and appreciate you allowing others to copy your long hard work of improving the falcon.  I did see someone had put engine flaps on the falcon.  Has anyone seen instructions on this? I’ve been struggling to figure out a good looking solution.  Thanks again everyone.  

5 hours ago, Blknbludawg said:

Hello fellow Falcon addicts.  I must say you all are awesome.  Thanks so very much for sharing your moc’s and ideas. I have used some of them and appreciate you allowing others to copy your long hard work of improving the falcon.  I did see someone had put engine flaps on the falcon.  Has anyone seen instructions on this? I’ve been struggling to figure out a good looking solution.  Thanks again everyone. 

I did a try on adding engine flaps. I added them with 1x2 plates with clips to a re-modding of the modded engine. If this is what you were looking for I can help you :classic:

MF 75192 Milsbo cabinet

PS. To all who struggle with cabinets to display this amazing set, try the shorter  Ikea Milsbo. The MF fits easily and the cabinet comes with a good lock. Effectivly hindering any 2y old from "I want to play with daddys Duplo" :laugh_hard:

On 9/29/2017 at 11:45 PM, cehnot said:

I will be curious to see if people combine the new 2017 UCS Millennium falcon with Marshal Banana's exterior or even Jaelon Edwards interior. After doing an extensive search and saving a ton of photos, I would basically make my next large project somehow combining the following ideas:

Jaelon Edwards
Jaelon Edwards' Millennium Falcon with Interior

and finally the 2017 UCS Millennium Falcon official LEGO set. 

I would buy the official set, figure out what parts I still need to build the Jaelon version with interior, and start mashing them together. I would also be interested in purchasing the LDD file, hope somebody comes out with the UCS LDD file and play with them until I can get the LDD file just right to build from there. 

Hi @cehnot,

I read your brilliant idea some weeks ago and build my UCS Falcon Mod by doing what you proposed. Starting with Jaelons interior structure and parts of the interior I started adding the exterior parts of the Lego Version to the build. I had to stretch the inner structure a bit and found an alternative way to attach the mandibles, so I could add the forward hold and the cargo air lock, which Jaelon didn't have in his build:

01jjk4t.jpg

02uck7s.jpg

I also build the Falcon a bit "thicker", that the interior could fit in. That's no big problem, cause I think the Lego Version is a bit too slim anyway. I also made some more changes and extensions in comparison to Jaelons interior. Here are some more pics of my final version, I will add some more detailed pics later if it is of interest.:

0311kor.jpg

04c8kji.jpg

054bk24.jpg

95osjr4.jpg

9051ksx.jpg

918gj5h.jpg

925xkb6.jpg

93kojrj.jpg

94gujnb.jpg

Edited by Friedie

That’s really nice, @Friedie. How do you close the top part? It’s a big “cover” or just small parts like the in the Lego one?

51 minutes ago, Lock said:

That’s really nice, @Friedie. How do you close the top part? It’s a big “cover” or just small parts like the in the Lego one?

@Lock

It's like with the Lego-Version. You can even remove the small part to take a peak inside:

09abjtp.jpg

23 hours ago, Friedie said:

Hi @cehnot,

I read your brilliant idea some weeks ago and build my UCS Falcon Mod by doing what you proposed. Starting with Jaelons interior structure and parts of the interior I started adding the exterior parts of the Lego Version to the build. I had to stretch the inner structure a bit and found an alternative way to attach the mandibles, so I could add the forward hold and the cargo air lock, which Jaelon didn't have in his build:

01jjk4t.jpg

02uck7s.jpg

I also build the Falcon a bit "thicker", that the interior could fit in. That's no big problem, cause I think the Lego Version is a bit too slim anyway. I also made some more changes and extensions in comparison to Jaelons interior. Here are some more pics of my final version, I will add some more detailed pics later if it is of interest.:

great job. That is working out quite well. 

I did the same thing! I really like how you did the hallway to the cockpit. Very nice. I did the same thing that you did for the front. Great job! 

Heres mine

My extremely MODed UCS Millennium Falcon. The structure is no longer the same at all. Unfortunately I don’t have enough light tan pieces to make it look good at the moment. I am making the elevator from episode five (ie gaping hole in hallway).

Unfortunately, I do not have enough pieces anymore to change the ship anymore :/ I do however have enough Technic pieces to make the elevator from episode five so that's why there is a gaping hole in the hallway. I kept the cockpit at the same elevation as in the original UCS Millennium Falcon so that's why there a ramp up. There is a ramp up as well in episode four as well or least an optical illusion. 

Outside Details.... @Lock's mod improved the look of my Falcon too:

06whjqe.jpg

The canon can be turned:

07rakf5.jpg

Finn inside the Gun Turret:

08saja8.jpg

Front View:

1016k9g.jpg

My Mod for the space between the Mandibles was influenced strongly by some ideas from this thread:

11gskmk.jpg

12bjk80.jpg

Backside Views:

13h0jv5.jpg

14gojdo.jpg

Edited by Friedie

On 2/28/2021 at 3:38 AM, Thatguymax said:

I did a try on adding engine flaps. I added them with 1x2 plates with clips to a re-modding of the modded engine. If this is what you were looking for I can help you :classic:

MF 75192 Milsbo cabinet

PS. To all who struggle with cabinets to display this amazing set, try the shorter  Ikea Milsbo. The MF fits easily and the cabinet comes with a good lock. Effectivly hindering any 2y old from "I want to play with daddys Duplo" :laugh_hard:

Yes!  Please Can you tell me how? I’m not sure how to chat or contact here.  I’m new sorry.     Thank you I’d really appreciate it.  

Edited by Blknbludawg

I'll see if I still got some of the studio files to share later today. I'm not to experienced with the forums as well and most of the build was made outside of stud.io. But I'll see what I can do :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Blknbludawg said:

Yes!  Please Can you tell me how? I’m not sure how to chat or contact here.  I’m new sorry.     Thank you I’d really appreciate it.  

5 hours ago, Blknbludawg said:

3 hours ago, Thatguymax said:

I'll see if I still got some of the studio files to share later today. I'm not to experienced with the forums as well and most of the build was made outside of stud.io. But I'll see what I can do :thumbup:

I think you guys need to reach 10 post to be able to pm.

Some Exterior Detailsx from the sides of my Falcon. I had to heighten the the Falcon by 1 Stud (that the Interior would fit in) and add some Greebling there too. Not harmfull for the looks of the ship I think. The "Surprise-Gun" is in place and I integrated Jaelons boarding ramp mechanism too. I did mod the ramp to be more like in the movies tho....

15onke7.jpg

16pfj4f.jpg

17tkk4x.jpg

18sgjbf.jpg

19isj9e.jpg

20lpkht.jpg

21jpkrs.jpg

22dnj0e.jpg

231ykby.jpg

17 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

I think you guys need to reach 10 post to be able to pm.

Oh.  Thank you

21 hours ago, Thatguymax said:

Even if you can send me some pictures of the mods.  So I case the different pieces and maybe how it was put together.  Thanks!!!

Using Jaelons Edwards technique, the Cockpit Hallway sits very stable in the Falcon. Of course I used the Cockpit piece of the UCS-Falcon and modded my own 4-Seater Cockpit making it look as similar to the movies as possible. I also added some padding in the Hallway. The Hidden Compartment is still there too.

27i3jn9.jpg

27_bmok54.jpg

27_ci3jrc.jpg

24duj2y.jpg

28k1jks.jpg

296mjmn.jpg

30p0jms.jpg

31gfjsj.jpg

32gwkeq.jpg

334fjct.jpg

Edited by Friedie

On 12/31/2020 at 4:36 AM, ptrg said:

No worries, I ended up partially pulling apart Effermans design, and then using some of the spare pieces from it to over engineer the supports (see photos lol).

But I did achieve what I set out to do: lessen the "bank" of the Falcon, but still have a sturdy stand.

342B6C59-52F1-42B3-80E3-23D16211A7E7.jpeg

526AEFB7-57F6-4E1B-9B55-B5E5AD654C75.jpeg

ptrg - any chance you took photos of stand without Falcon on it? I like this angle, although I may try to bank it a bit more. I was looking at my Wicked Bricks stand and it is a great stand but does have a steep angle like Efferman's. I have room to lower the angle for my Falcon so I want to explore my options. Your concept looks like a start if you don't mind sharing. Thanks! 

The Back of my Falcon. As in the UCS-Version the two small parts of the Hull are connected to the Interior. I did some changes to Jaelons version of the Interior and added some more Padding and a door to the crew quarters. Also some small changes in the Engine Room as you can see. I used some spare parts to put some more technic structures in the back.

41d3kuk.jpg

42lxjei.jpg

4349j6x.jpg

4407jky.jpg

45d4kds.jpg

4648j75.jpg

47alkz5.jpg

48ukkuo.jpg

49lykfv.jpg

50vgktq.jpg

5117kea.jpg

52oijwg.jpg

53p6kev.jpg

5468jpt.jpg

555bkjh.jpg

56nek6y.jpg

Edited by Friedie

Midlle Section, Forward Hallway and Circuitry Bay.

I added somme Computer-Panels in the Middle Section and some Padding in the Forward Hallway. The Circuity Bay, where Han and Leia were disturbed in Episode V by 3PO is an elementary part of the Falcon so I had to put it in there too. The Elevator, where Luke was rescued by Lando might be an addition in the future.

57o7k0c.jpg

58gokga.jpg

59b5js9.jpg

60czj8f.jpg

61p2jyp.jpg

625tjub.jpg

On 2/25/2021 at 6:00 PM, muhkuh said:

Just using auto its around 1.4-1,6k

but gonna buy a used falcon witjout minifigs so i hope it gets cheaper

We will see:)

all new parts incl. shipping 1800 Euros...

no sense buyin a used falcon... u need to buy one under 500 Euros, in order to save some money...

building pics will follow when the stuff arrives

... and pls dont upload the biggest pictures... 

Edited by muhkuh

The Main Hold is the most important part of the Falcon in my opinion. In my Mod I made here the most Addittions/Modification in comparison to Jealon Edwards great Interior:

- Addition of two doorway arches.

- Access to the Circuitry Bay

- Computerstation and Dejarik Table from the UCS-Falcon

- Adding the Bunk above the booth

- Adding of some technikal Structures on the walls

- Some changes in the floor and internal structure

- Easter Egg!: Removable Wall with small Computer station to switch between Ep V and Ep VII versions of the falcon.

- Secret working "Door" to the front rooms of the Falcon

63gkje3.jpg

64adjf5.jpg

65ookuk.jpg

662bjz4.jpg

67epked.jpg

68wkkx4.jpg

69idjfi.jpg

70sqkqv.jpg

711fjdz.jpg

724gjx6.jpg

73fck3g.jpg

749zkwm.jpg

755fkal.jpg

Awesome, how far you guys went with the interior design! They add so much extra features to the Falcon.

How do these MODs influence the stability of the ship?

Edited by ClassicLook

51 minutes ago, ClassicLook said:

Awesome, how far you guys went with the interior design! They add so much extra features to the Falcon.

How do these MODs influence the stability of the ship?

Hi, @ClassicLook  My Ship is as stable as the original UCS-Falcon. I carried it around many times, no problems.