ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

@Neophyte_brickie I agree, everyone of us has his own tastes, and it’s right to follow them. As I’ve recently decided I don’t like at all the new movie trilogy I’m going to remove everything about it from my Falcon, minifigs included. So I guess I’ll give some tries to docking rings as well. :) 

On 1/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, Willsy said:

Finally managed to get this behemoth for my birthday, and I'm absolutely thrilled with it! There are definitely some modes I would like to make though, such as the empty space at the rear left of the ship and the cockpit interior. I do have a question though, I'm limited on storage space and I had to the to maybe use the box as a 'plinth' to display the Falcon, however I'm a bit concerned that the weight of the shop could cause damage. Has anyone else tried this, and could the box support the weight without being damaged in any way?  I will likely look into the Efferman stand at some point anyway.  

I wouldn’t recommend you do this; I strongly suspect the completed model will be way too heavy and the box will be deformed.  Maybe if you hide some kind of reinforcement within the box? But it would have to be very strong and rigid.

10 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I was wondering... I'm not well versed in technic parts... Are the black non-wide links the same size connection as those grey tread links? I ask because, I wonder if it's a possibility to alternate a grey and black one, to then use the 2x3 lbg tile to create a more solid ring piece? 

The answer is - I don't think it would work.  The connecting part of the link treads and the older style large technic link chains (that incorporate a couple of studs) are similar in the way they connect but different in size. Interestingly there is also another part just called a technic link chain that does connect to the link tread, but I can't see a way you would connect a tile or any other lego part to it - it looks like just the connecting portion of the link tread (ie the link tread minus the tread part).

Good day all, 

New to this site and newly owner of the Millennium Falcon 75192. Still building it and am very amazed by how this things is done. Anyway am already planning some modifications, already place orders for LEGO parts to do fix the engine look and the flap between the mandibles. Once those modes are done I intend to clean up the underside before doing stuff with the empty rooms in the interior. Love some of the ideas and genuity that went behind some of the mods. Will be honest will probably copy some of them to incorporate to mine. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way...looking forward to you guys input. 

75192.jpeg

On 3/23/2020 at 11:36 PM, Trekrider said:

Just completed my Kessel Run Escape Pod by @Bigfoot, I managed to download it before Lego shut down all MF mods. I had to change some of the internals as some parts weren't available. Very neat how it attaches.

49692685926_e832de835b_z.jpgEscape 1 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49692989407_d0f014402c_z.jpgEscape 2 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49692143538_4ec0f701d2_z.jpgEscape 3 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49692988957_bbf882ac78_z.jpgEscape 4 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

Good day, 

Love this!!! Where can I get the instruction/parts list for this project? Are you able to send them to me? Thanks

1 minute ago, Onecrazy95civic said:

Unable to open the IO file...I guess that is because I'm from Canada.

I doubt your location has anything to do with it - it is a stud.io file, do you have studio loaded on your machine?

2 minutes ago, Trekrider said:

I doubt your location has anything to do with it - it is a stud.io file, do you have studio loaded on your machine?

Lol...new to all this...didn't have but do know and am looking at them. Thanks!

Just now, Onecrazy95civic said:

Lol...new to all this...didn't have but do know and am looking at them. Thanks!

Glad to know it worked out - welcome to the group by the way

19 minutes ago, Trekrider said:

Glad to know it worked out - welcome to the group by the way

Thank you and looking forward to be posting the evolution of my Millennium Falcon...lol... One last question am looking on the how to built but where do I find the parts list needed to built it?

6 minutes ago, Onecrazy95civic said:

Thank you and looking forward to be posting the evolution of my Millennium Falcon...lol... One last question am looking on the how to built but where do I find the parts list needed to built it?

You need to upload the stud.io file to Bricklink and it will give you the parts list there

On 1/5/2021 at 12:32 PM, Neophyte_brickie said:

Since you asked, @Vouatch:

50803134681_a97c5f49a5_c.jpgIMG_0316 by Robert O'Sullivan, on Flickr

50803248602_891ec7d764_c.jpgIMG_0688 by Robert O'Sullivan, on Flickr

50803251307_cb4126fa97_c.jpgIMG_0694 by Robert O'Sullivan, on Flickr

I'm undecided.  If possible I'd like to somehow hide the 1x1 round plates on the left and right edges.  It does look very similar to the model, but without the macaroni tiles there is something unfinished about the overall appearance.  Unfortunately it seems none of the 1x1 modified plates or tiles with clips are available in dark tan, so I would probably go with light bluish grey for those.  Also, bucket handles in light bluish grey seem to be a rarity, and very expensive, so I'll probably have to leave those as dark tan.

As I read somewhere, "you did my day" !!!

Thanks to test my ideas, I'm so confused not to have the possibility to try it my self. I have many many Legos but not those pieces.

Clearly you are going near and near to the model! And as much I look at the rendering, as much I like it!

I agree that it seems to miss something to perfectly finish the border of the external circle... I will think about this ( when I could disconnect from my job)

... and why not try to put in a very unorthodox way a Light Bluish Gray Hose, Rigid 3mm in circle just inside the circle to create the final border and to hide your 1 x 1 round plate? You will need of course to cut it at the good length. It shoulb be maintained by upper and lower 3L bar

19 hours ago, Onecrazy95civic said:

Good day all, 

New to this site and newly owner of the Millennium Falcon 75192. Still building it and am very amazed by how this things is done. Anyway am already planning some modifications, already place orders for LEGO parts to do fix the engine look and the flap between the mandibles. Once those modes are done I intend to clean up the underside before doing stuff with the empty rooms in the interior. Love some of the ideas and genuity that went behind some of the mods. Will be honest will probably copy some of them to incorporate to mine. I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way...looking forward to you guys input. 

75192.jpeg

Welcome with us !!!

10 hours ago, Onecrazy95civic said:

Good day, 

Love this!!! Where can I get the instruction/parts list for this project? Are you able to send them to me? Thanks

Me too, and today I can't see a falcon without his safety module!!!

Look at mine :

20201004_220002

In the last weeks I've followed with interest the evolution of your dock rings and, while I'm still not convinced I want to change the default ones (I don't think they're very bad), I've decided to give it a try, so here's my idea. :)

First of all I'd like to celebrate with one minute of silence my loved 856 Bulldozer (I guess in US it has a different number) because I had to mutilate it in order to get some piece. :P

Dock-ring-01.jpg

Second, please forgive me for the bad images (my iPhone 6S is getting really old) and for the rainbow color of the pieces: I didn't have the most I needed so I had to improvise with what I had.

Ok, let's start:

I went with a 10 sides polygon. Not because I wanted exactly 10 sides but... well, it's what came out after one hour of efforts:

Dock-ring-02.jpg

While the construction is very delicate, once mounted it's quite sturdy (but still not good for play). What I really cared of was to have the inclined plates.

The gap between the ring and the "body" can be minimized adding some plates or rings; I didn't change the original Lego design at all (forgot). :)

Dock-ring-03.jpg

Here you can see the wheel of the bulldozer. :)

I've chosen this method to leave plenty of space for the inside greeblings of the ring. Later on this topic.

Dock-ring-04.jpg

This is the heart of the concept. Here's how it works:

Dock-ring-05.jpg

The light tan is the plate, the dark tan should have been 1x3 but I didn't have, so ignore it. The gap between the 1x2 brick and the rest of the structure is to keep it anchored to the tracks. Also ignore the 1x2 brick with hole, it's not the correct piece, but it's a pic from a previous version. The correct pieces are two 1x2 plates, as you can see in the previous image.

Dock-ring-06.jpg

Anyway, this way the 1x3 plate goes "inside" the track and it's kept secured by the rear brick (plate).

Dock-ring-07.jpg

Here's the result, seen from behind. Very colorful! :)

The inside (front) part of the ring can be connected in various ways, for example here I'm using an axle:

Dock-ring-09.jpg

I didn't work on this detail because I think @Neophyte_brickie solution, that I love, could be adapted without any problem.

This is just (a part of) the original lego inside ring, as example:

Dock-ring-10.jpg

Of course a round plate could (and should) cover the parts below the external plates.

I think it's also possible to implement the nice "corner plates" as in the rendering of @Vouatch, to make the external ring more similar to the real thing; unfortunately I didn't have any of them.

Well, maybe it still need some small improvements here and there (and a wise choice of colors to minimize gaps) but I think it's not bad. Should I change original ones I think I'll go this way; or something similar. :)

Edited by Lock

On 1/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, Neophyte_brickie said:

I wouldn’t recommend you do this; I strongly suspect the completed model will be way too heavy and the box will be deformed.  Maybe if you hide some kind of reinforcement within the box? But it would have to be very strong and rigid.

Yeah I decided against it, it's going to live on top of my wardrobe. Eyeing up pieces for the Efferman stand but ~£50 is quite steep! The acrylic options seem to cost about the same as well.

13 hours ago, Vouatch said:

As I read somewhere, "you did my day" !!!

Thanks to test my ideas, I'm so confused not to have the possibility to try it my self. I have many many Legos but not those pieces.

Clearly you are going near and near to the model! And as much I look at the rendering, as much I like it!

I agree that it seems to miss something to perfectly finish the border of the external circle... I will think about this ( when I could disconnect from my job)

... and why not try to put in a very unorthodox way a Light Bluish Gray Hose, Rigid 3mm in circle just inside the circle to create the final border and to hide your 1 x 1 round plate? You will need of course to cut it at the good length. It shoulb be maintained by upper and lower 3L bar

Welcome with us !!!

Me too, and today I can't see a falcon without his safety module!!!

Look at mine :

20201004_220002

Your safety module seems different from the other...is that possible? Also, you have an interior? Already started to order parts...lol

So I found this stand on eBay and I was wondering if anyone else has it and if so what their impressions are on it? I'm a bit concerned that it only wraps around the landing gear holes on one side.

Finally done!!! Very impressed with this masterpiece, can't wait to get my orders from BrickLink to get going on some of the upgrade/modification on it. Also is there a reason why I'm limited w/upload of pics? Wanted to put a pic of some of the pieces that were left over and wanted to know if it was normal...I check and double check and pretty sure didn't miss a step.

IMG_2902.jpeg

Edited by Onecrazy95civic

3 hours ago, Onecrazy95civic said:

Finally done!!! Very impressed with this masterpiece, can't wait to get my orders from BrickLink to get going on some of the upgrade/modification on it. Also is there a reason why I'm limited w/upload of pics? Wanted to put a pic of some of the pieces that were left over and wanted to know if it was normal...I check and double check and pretty sure didn't miss a step.

IMG_2902.jpeg

Good job !! Personnaly, I had a 2 x6 plate and it wasn't normal, I took many time before finding where it could go. You should only have very little parts, nothing biger than 2 x 1 I think.

For the pics on the forum... I don't know. I upload pictures from Flickr and it works good.

My module between the mandibule is my creation, it was hard, long ... but I'm proud of if. Yes there is an interior, a cockpit for two passengers, an access to engine and a secret place for the death star plan.

It can also be removed, and can completely be attached without any change on the original falcon.

Build your one, epic job!!

20210109_00024920210109_00023320201105_201245

3 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

Good job !! Personnaly, I had a 2 x6 plate and it wasn't normal, I took many time before finding where it could go. You should only have very little parts, nothing biger than 2 x 1 I think.

For the pics on the forum... I don't know. I upload pictures from Flickr and it works good.

My module between the mandibule is my creation, it was hard, long ... but I'm proud of if. Yes there is an interior, a cockpit for two passengers, an access to engine and a secret place for the death star plan.

It can also be removed, and can completely be attached without any change on the original falcon.

Build your one, epic job!!

20210109_00024920210109_00023320201105_201245

Funny have also a plate of 2x6 left over!!! Have no idea where it goes...and a bunch of little 1 x 1 plates. Will base my escape pod from the instruction I got and will mod it to my taste...not sure about an interior, but will see.

@Lock I'm so happy to see you again in this tread, I was so fascinated by your ideas when I red the topic during first Covid stay at home in france!

You shared us a new approach on how to build this tile circle around the docking bay, and I like the fact you win to use 2x tiles, it's a little bit less round but you have a homogen surface faced to the version with only 1X tiles.

Otherwise, I think that your circle is a little bit small, looks like only 6 studs larger, other versions we designed (or copied) came with 8 studs around and there is too much space between all the tiles around. May be you can upper the larger of the circle and have the possibility to add 1 or 2 tiles more.

look at this master piece : wow

g21.png

1 minute ago, Onecrazy95civic said:

Funny have also a plate of 2x6 left over!!! Have no idea where it goes...and a bunch of little 1 x 1 plates. Will base my escape pod from the instruction I got and will mod it to my taste...not sure about an interior, but will see.

remind me the color lol... may be this is the same as me !!!

7 hours ago, Willsy said:

So I found this stand on eBay and I was wondering if anyone else has it and if so what their impressions are on it? I'm a bit concerned that it only wraps around the landing gear holes on one side.

hi, ... the best way, for me of course, should be to use Lego to create the stand... not necessary to do the one of @efferman but your one. I assume that it need time and pieces

7 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

@Lock I'm so happy to see you again in this tread, I was so fascinated by your ideas when I red the topic during first Covid stay at home in france!

You shared us a new approach on how to build this tile circle around the docking bay, and I like the fact you win to use 2x tiles, it's a little bit less round but you have a homogen surface faced to the version with only 1X tiles.

Otherwise, I think that your circle is a little bit small, looks like only 6 studs larger, other versions we designed (or copied) came with 8 studs around and there is too much space between all the tiles around. May be you can upper the larger of the circle and have the possibility to add 1 or 2 tiles more.

look at this master piece : wow

g21.png

remind me the color lol... may be this is the same as me !!!

hi, ... the best way, for me of course, should be to use Lego to create the stand... not necessary to do the one of @efferman but your one. I assume that it need time and pieces

Gray.

Just now, Onecrazy95civic said:

Light.

:laugh: good luck lol ... 49 in the falcon... that will be hard to find lol Mine was tan I think

take a look at 677 step for exemple on the plan procedure

the one at 701 / 713 / 968 / 977 also, it's possible to forgot them and it works without

others are really necessary

so only 5 places to check, hope that will help you

@Onecrazy95civic give feedback if you find