ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

@Lock I've gone back through all 43 pages and I've seen some good ideas but I still keep coming back to Marshall's. 

@Vouatch thanks. That gives me a new direction to go in. Did you see his original post or are you like me trying this from the beginning? Time to use Studio.io

@eddmont never seen the original post, but I have lego 75040 that let me imagine this way. And I'm working on doing an ATAT by my self with minifig scale, so big round tile and other are in my mind.

But I did it this morning only to help forumers + build challenge, and will not realise it on my falcon.

Edited by Vouatch

29 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

@eddmont never seen the original post, but I have lego 75040 that let me imagine this way. And I'm working on doing an ATAT by my self with minifig scale, so big round tile and other are in my mind.

But I did it this morning only to help forumers + build challenge, and will not realise it on my falcon.

@Vouatch thanks. I keep racking my brain to figure it out. 

Edited by eddmont

Close to final design...

Bananas type3

but need some help to finish, the link with the wheel doesn't seem to be the good way

Bananas type2

ok guys, I think I did it:

Bananas type5

Hard to put all tiles around but it seems to work:

Bananas type6

2 hours ago, eddmont said:

@Lock I've gone back through all 43 pages and I've seen some good ideas but I still keep coming back to Marshall's. 

Maybe I’ll give it a try in the next days (if LDD still starts on my old Mac). :)

18 minutes ago, Lock said:

Maybe I’ll give it a try in the next days (if LDD still starts on my old Mac). :)

Your work was really appreciated (by me anyway), Come on, the falcon squadron need you again lol

13 minutes ago, eddmont said:

@Vouatch that was quick. I was still trying this out in Studio. Are you willing to share the LDD file? I missing going to try it out. 

no problem to share but how? email ? the file size is only 114ko

2 hours ago, Vouatch said:

Your work was really appreciated (by me anyway), Come on, the falcon squadron need you again lol

Ahah, I see you have brilliantly solved the problem. :)

It's always a problem to share files online. If you haven't a dropbox account, you can send me the file (raccspam@gmail.com, it's the spam email, eh eh) and I'll share a link for everyone from my blog files directory.

Just now, Lock said:

Ahah, I see you have brilliantly solved the problem. :)

It's always a problem to share files online. If you haven't a dropbox account, you can send me the file (raccspam@gmail.com, it's the spam email, eh eh) and I'll share a link for everyone from my blog files directory.

Here we go, mail on transit, thanks for your help!

Hi guys, @Vouatch just sent me the docking ring file. :)

---------------------------------
VOUATCH - DOCKING RING

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Edited by Lock
Made the link a bit more visible. :)

20 minutes ago, tismabrick said:

Seems to be password protected...

No password, after a test, works directly and perfectly

Strange, got a password pup-up. Tried another App...still the same. It prompts me for a password.

Edited by tismabrick

I've got the same warning from Gmail when I've received the file from Vouatch. Maybe Stud.io saves projects as a zip file with a different extension. Anyway you can ignore it; there's nothing to extract, just open it in Stud.io.

No idea why you ended up with a .zip extension. Maybe your Mail program was fooled by the archive and added thet extension. :)

40 minutes ago, eddmont said:

Already ordered the parts for this mod. Looking forward to the end of the week now.

It may be a stupid reply, but remember to order 2x. :P

43 minutes ago, Vouatch said:

Wow... Hope all is ok lol, may be it could need some tuning... let's give feedbacks !

I have the majority of the parts, mainly needed the technic link tread and wedge plates. I’ll post some pics once I put it together unless someone beats me to it.

14 minutes ago, Lock said:

I've got the same warning from Gmail when I've received the file from Vouatch. Maybe Stud.io saves projects as a zip file with a different extension. Anyway you can ignore it; there's nothing to extract, just open it in Stud.io.

No idea why you ended up with a .zip extension. Maybe your Mail program was fooled by the archive and added thet extension. :)

It may be a stupid reply, but remember to order 2x. :P

Thanks for the reminder. Before I uploaded the inventory I did double it. Good for every one else to know

Good to see someone finally replicated the Marshal docking rings. I posted about it a while ago in this thread and got no response. If I had money to spare then I would buy the pieces to make them, any idea how much it would cost?