ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Hey again, I have not posted on this forum for a while but here is the exterior of my ship at the moment. 

My extremely MODded UCS Millennium Falcon.

Tell me what you guys think. The interior is MUCH bigger now. The original structure has been MODded so much almost none or none of the original structure is there. 

Edited by Jerry McGlade

2 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Hey again, I have not posted on this forum for a while but here is the exterior of my ship at the moment. 

My extremely MODded UCS Millennium Falcon.

Tell me what you guys think. The interior is MUCH bigger now. The original structure has been MODded so much almost none or none of the original structure is there. 

I hate to be a debbie downer but it looks worse now than the set normally does, especially the cockpit tunnel. I assume you changed it to accomodate the interior? That doesn't explain why you changed the mandibles so much, but if you prefer it that way, then more power to you.

I am sorry you did not like it, but I intentionally used old parts to give it that feeling of being an old piece of junk. The whole ship's interior is almost completely flushed out.  The mandibles are almost actually exactly the same as for what you can see excluding the colours on them which I am going to make like it was on Tatooine. I am still not done with the hallway and other finishing touches (elevator from The Empire Strikes Back) but after that, the ship is almost "done". :laugh_hard:If you saw on my Fllckr many people really liked it so once again I am sorry you did not. :sceptic: And I am not being sarcastic, really, truest sympathies. 

Edited by Jerry McGlade

On 8/29/2020 at 8:00 AM, Neophyte_brickie said:

Here it is:

50280122613_b5598805b7_z.jpg

50280807336_50c9e1dc9f_z.jpg

Looks a lot better than the original cockpit, imo. I wanted to add proper seats for the passengers but they are very hard to come by in light tan where I live - so the 2x2 light tan plates will have to do.

I think you have room for putting 2 of these, at least for Leia and C3P0

616169.jpg

5 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Look at the pictures on the previous page, with the cockpit attached to the rest of the ship.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:11 PM, macaron35 said:

616169.jpg

I think you are correct, there should be room for proper seats, but as I said in my post, the last time I checked BrickLink I couldn’t find any for sale in light tan in any of the stores in my country - overseas postage would have been ridiculous, so I settled for the light tan 2x2 plates.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:38 AM, sed6 said:

Sure, it was easy, I just removed lots of pieces. The pic below is of the bottom section. I removed all the red, and removed the white and yellow hinges. I used a 2x4 plate to seal the hinge line and make it non flexible. Same for the top, I just kept removing pieces until it sat flush.

2017-10-22_12-24-45

I just finish to build mine falcon and I already begin to mod it. I really like what you done here, but even with the explanation you gave I can't do the same. Could please provide more pictures or explanations ?

Thanks !

Hello everybody, first post for me here and I'm very happy to share with you my Falcon version as I read this topic during Covid context in France from March to June 2020. Specially thanks for all great ideas from Bricksmarlin and Lock. This version is not yet finished, many work on reactors and inside the Falcon are waiting, but I need more and more extra parts...

As you will see, I made a kessel run nose since many monthes and now, it 's not possible for me to look at a falcon without it :o)

This was a very big challenge since this safety module is engaged between original mandibles without any attachment point, only sliding between them.

20201004_22040820201004_22000220201004_22042720201004_222509

Some work needed outside the escape module

20201105_20124520201105_201311

And another big challenge... now working by turning an upside brick:

20201031_123647

Finally completed my falcon and I love this thread. So many things I will mod.  
the first mod I would like to do is fix the back drooping panel under the engine. 
reading back I can’t seem to find the fix for this. 
can someone point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate it 

thank you 

regards

jason 

Edited by JJtorres501

52 minutes ago, JJtorres501 said:

Finally completed my falcon and I love this thread. So many things I will mod.  
the first mod I would like to do is fix the back drooping panel under the engine. 
reading back I can’t seem to find the fix for this. 
can someone point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate it 

thank you 

regards

jason 

Hello Jason, can you be more precise, a picture of the panel concerned?

I also have the back panels under the engine falling down :(

Some help would be much appreciated if someone found a good fix

My apologies. The panel directly in the middle under the connector of both ladders. I can’t add a pic. It’s saying what ever pic I add is too large. 

even before modding the engine, I already had the back/bottom falling down

here is how it is now

I tried to used a bar on a left side to hold the plate but alone, it's not strong enough

1.jpg

2.jpg

Strange cases, I build my falcon 1 year ago and it does'nt fall... there is a dark bluish gray slope that is here to maintain the panel. Did you use it?

here you can see that my panel is put on the slope it can't fall down

20201107_103621

It's my turn to share you a mod made by myself, the empty room on the back right of the ship.

I love what lock did, but I'm not ready to change the original design of other rooms, so I decided to create a crew cabin even if this is not the right place in the falcon.

I kept corridor design (here I hid back panel where there will be stickers), there is bathroom with toilets, shower and a bed as original.

Room1

the chair is the same as in the left cabin, bed is entire "tiled"

Room2

I loved the idea of an old computer for this "piece of junk", there is a secret place on the ground and the control panel is hiding 2 secrets armoires, for death star instructions for exemple

Room3Room5

I put extra green light as original ship, shower and some pipes have rust finish

Room4

Now I'm collecting pieces... and I could see if all can feet inside the falcon as expected

I've enjoyed all the different mods on this thread and I've slowly used some. I really want to use the docking rings that Marshall Banana used on his falcon. Had anyone been able to reproduce this design. I've tried with no success. I've uses James Shields design which I like but I feel like this one fits better.  Any help would be appreciated.

Millennium Falcon ROTJ (Mark II)

Edited by eddmont

4 hours ago, eddmont said:

I've enjoyed all the different mods on this thread and I've slowly used some. I really want to use the docking rings that Marshall Banana used on his falcon. Had anyone been able to reproduce this design. I've tried with no success. I've uses James Shields design which I like but I feel like this one fits better.  Any help would be appreciated.

Millennium Falcon ROTJ (Mark II)

He posted the how to on the dock rings for a few months then took it down. I wish i saved them on the computer. 

It’s nice to see that, after more than three years, this post is still alive and kicking. Great job guys! :)

Personally I’m ok with the stock dock rings, but I’ve seen some worthy tries in this thread. I can’t help you because there are so many pages and I’m writing with an (old) iPhone with a tiny screen; but, if you start from the beginning (with a lot of patience), you should find some useful hints.