ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Question for the group, where can I find a fantastic stand for my falcon, and also displace case, either as a coffee table or just glass case in the US.  Also any recommendations on where I can find star wars mini figs?  Looking to add more to my collection.  Thank you. 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:06 PM, Rebel Scum2020 said:

Question for the group, where can I find a fantastic stand for my falcon, and also displace case, either as a coffee table or just glass case in the US.  Also any recommendations on where I can find star wars mini figs?  Looking to add more to my collection.  Thank you. 

WickedBrick.com for display

1 minute ago, djtsmith007 said:

WickedBrick.com for display

I second this, great stands and display cases.

So I went to the web site, and downloaded the file, and all it shows up as a video file.  I'm looking for instructions and parts so i can start to order and get working on my falcon.  Any help would be grateful.

Actually scroll through the web page - the different sections have links with the files you are looking for.Also, if you need to hit the TRANSLATE button on left bottom to choose a language. Each section has instructions then the LDD file after, they only open with Lego Designer software. There is an LDD file for each mod that Lock did (thank you Lock).

978762608_Millennium_MOC_-_IOcopy.jpg.b8ef0ff2f4d90ac05382692c15de39d6.jpg

On 8/2/2020 at 1:17 PM, Neophyte_brickie said:

Well, since you offered...

The LDD of your cockpit mod on the website doesn't seem to include the little bit of corridor you added behind the seating area (visible in the photos). Can you give me some guidance as to how you achieved that? Is it very difficult (ie does it require any changes to the overlying structure? Thanks!

Hmmm, interesting question... I think I’ve just removed some pieces inside here and there, as they didn’t compromise the integrity of the structure.

You’ve to remove a small piece of the top, but it’s not complicated at all (but it’s always good to keep the manual close). :)

Anyway it’s just a “fake” corridor, just a pair of bricks in deep, so it’s just for the look. :)

On 8/10/2020 at 4:08 AM, Rebel Scum2020 said:

Hay Lock, where can I get instructions for your mods would like to add them into my falcon as well please.  Thank you 

There aren’t instructions, sorry. Too complicated and time consuming to create them.

But you can open the project files in stud.io and observe how all pieces are combined together. It’s not difficult when you get used to the application. :)

5 hours ago, Macguy said:

Actually scroll through the web page - the different sections have links with the files you are looking for.Also, if you need to hit the TRANSLATE button on left bottom to choose a language. Each section has instructions then the LDD file after, they only open with Lego Designer software. There is an LDD file for each mod that Lock did (thank you Lock).

978762608_Millennium_MOC_-_IOcopy.jpg.b8ef0ff2f4d90ac05382692c15de39d6.jpg

Thank you for the instructions about how to use my website. :)

New Poster, long time reader, thanks to all for the great forums. After I finished building my UCS MF I too was struggling to figure out how to display it, so I put my novice woodworking skills to use and made my own display/coffee table:

50262068417_b2820ff0d6_z.jpg

50262068222_ea64147bb9_z.jpg

It was a good project to make, although quite expensive as the glass top had to be 1cm thick toughened glass to meet safety requirements. The wood is Australian hardwood with a walnut stain.  I made it slightly oversized to be able to fit a couple of other models as seen in the pictures. 

Good day to you all. I'm really not a fan of the docking ports on the set. I saw a custom one made by someone in this thread that looked good, but looked really fragile. 
Marshall banana's amazing MOC has a really great looking design that I want to replicate, but he doesnt really communicate with his fans at all, so I was wondering if anyone here has any idea how they're made?

32820374697_8eaa716320_b.jpgMillennium Falcon ROTJ (Mark II) by Marshal Banana, on Flickr

Finally got my delivery of bricks to complete @Lock's cockpit mod - no photo yet, but it all went together well - I love the design, and it looks great!  Have to say though, it's a pretty tight fit!

6 minutes ago, Neophyte_brickie said:

Finally got my delivery of bricks to complete @Lock's cockpit mod - no photo yet, but it all went together well - I love the design, and it looks great!  Have to say though, it's a pretty tight fit!

Yes, every millimeter does count. I think I went through several tries before finding a solution I was satisfied about. ?

Post some pics when you have the chance. :)

On 8/24/2020 at 8:49 AM, TheWineNut said:

50262068417_b2820ff0d6_z.jpg

It’s really beautiful, congratulations! :)

Did you consider the idea to close the four sides with glass too? I know it’s expensive (I’ve drawn a pair of similar coffee tables when I was looking for a display solution for my MF) but on the long distance it may pay a lot: dust on Lego is one of the worst disgraces that may happen to our beloved sets. :)

On 8/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, Lock said:

It’s really beautiful, congratulations! :)

Did you consider the idea to close the four sides with glass too? I know it’s expensive (I’ve drawn a pair of similar coffee tables when I was looking for a display solution for my MF) but on the long distance it may pay a lot: dust on Lego is one of the worst disgraces that may happen to our beloved sets. :)

I thought about glazing the whole thing, but decided on a simpler design; particularly after paying for that glass. :classic: I don't find dust on the MF to be a big problem here; although dust does collect on the top of the glass, and on the first 5cm or so of the base, so cleaning is OK. 

I do have a surround made of perspex that can be installed; but that's mainly done when little kids are in the house; I have other lego they can play with.

Here's some minor mods I've done to my set.

Changed some of the colours on the turret circle to make it more accurate:

50201594136_a6969c316b_b.jpgslightly changed turret by Sucram H, on Flickr

Built the little circular vents on the sides to be physical instead of the printed pieces, looks way better imo:

50277056043_7fe1b9e715_b.jpgUCS Falcon minor mods: New vent holes, panel, and details by Sucram H, on Flickr

50277056048_876c1024b4_b.jpgUCS Falcon minor mods: New vent holes, panel, and details by Sucram H, on Flickr

Same with that god awful sticker on one of the panels, built the details physically:

50277889632_58c21a8128_b.jpgUCS Falcon minor mods: New vent holes, panel, and details by Sucram H, on Flickr

Made some colour changes on the mandibles to get rid of the dark grey strips, idk why they're there when there's nothing like them in the movies:

50277731581_f9ec13b28c_b.jpgUCS Falcon minor mods: New vent holes, panel, and details by Sucram H, on Flickr

And finally, redesigned this panel so it fits more snugly. Might still change it more as the angle is a bit off:

50277889652_405fb31296_b.jpgUCS Falcon minor mods: New vent holes, panel, and details by Sucram H, on Flickr

On 8/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, Lock said:

Yes, every millimeter does count. I think I went through several tries before finding a solution I was satisfied about. ?

Post some pics when you have the chance. :)

Here it is:

50280122613_b5598805b7_z.jpg

50280807336_50c9e1dc9f_z.jpg

50280806981_94afc5a80a_z.jpg

50280122773_2cf928d6c7_z.jpg

50280122383_0ec67bf6de_z.jpg

Looks a lot better than the original cockpit, imo. I wanted to add proper seats for the passengers but they are very hard to come by in light tan where I live - so the 2x2 light tan plates will have to do.

Edited by Neophyte_brickie

On 8/31/2020 at 1:28 AM, WizardSleeve said:

can you post instructions

Are you referring to the cockpit mod I posted pics of? If you scroll back through this topic you will notice that the mod was designed by @Lock.  He has a webpage where he has catalogued all his mods of the UCS MF, and you can download them as LDD files.  The LDD files can be imported into Stud.io and from there you can pull them apart to see how they're constructed.  The website link is upthread on this page, several posts back.

I have to re-do the back of my MF :(

I recently moved and as I modded the engine, the back was a bit more fragile.

After moving carefully the set, the back of the MF fell down and I lost some pieces.

Now I have to check the building instructions and redo the steps to build the back and make the bottom hold to the rest...

Moving the MF is definitely a risky thing.

Unfortunately, we are moving again next year to another house, so I don't if I should wait until next year or rebuild the back now and think about a more secure method to move the set

12 hours ago, macaron35 said:

Unfortunately, we are moving again next year to another house, so I don't if I should wait until next year or rebuild the back now and think about a more secure method to move the set

I'm guessing you don't have your MF mounted on a stand, correct? If you can spare the money, I strongly strongly recommend building and mounting the MF on Efferman's stand. The added bonus about that stand I don't think anyone has mentioned is that it makes picking up the Falcon a breeze, you don't have to do the awkward flat-handed lift from underneath, you can literally just grab the frame of the stand and pick the whole thing up and move it where you want.

I really want to keep the MF flat to recreate a scene with the imperial army and shuttle with the emperor and Vader that's why i am not planning on getting the stand

but once the MF stagged, it won't move again at all

I just mounted my falcon on the efferman stand. Are there any concerns with long term deformities with the falcon? If the stand breaks that’s fine; I can always rebuild. But I don’t want my falcon to be misshapen.