ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

47 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

If the back part is meant to be like that, then thats pretty lame. As for the spare pieces, we definitely missed something then, I especially have loads of those black technic pieces used to reinforce the frame. But the ship looks and feels fine so i dont know.

There are some spare technic pins provided - especially the small black ones, but some other types as well, and a lot of tiny parts, but you shouldn't have any plates larger than 1x1 or bricks left over.  A lot of spares of the smaller greebles as well.  

Just now, Neophyte_brickie said:

There are some spare technic pins provided - especially the small black ones, but some other types as well, and a lot of tiny parts, but you shouldn't have any plates larger than 1x1 or bricks left over.  A lot of spares of the smaller greebles as well.  

Yeah ive got a lot more than that lol

On 7/25/2020 at 11:30 AM, Neophyte_brickie said:

So I've been working on a mod to cover the exposed Technics elements between the mandibles.  I've essentially copied @bdestena's design for this mod, but have altered it to get around a few issues; I wasn't happy with how far forward it had to be placed in order to fit; further, it also required removing (or at least turning by 180 degrees) the three thin inverted 2x2 hinge plates at the front edge of the upper surface of the lower hull panel that juts out between the mandibles on the underside of the ship.  Looking closely at bdestena's photo it appears they have done a fair bit of modification to the upper side of that panel (the one that 'hangs' directly underneath where the mod sits), and I didn't want to modify the kit that much.  But I love the aesthetic of bdestena's design, and I'm not fussed on installing concussion missiles (as cool as that is - sorry @Lock!) so I wanted mine to fill the full 10 x 4 gap.  Basically all that was required was to increase the size of the cutout along the bottom part of the mod to accomodate the elements connecting the underside panel to the Technics frame, and reorient some of the greebling on the front of the mod.

Here's the completed mod:

50158771782_080c7fe470_z.jpgIMG_0198

The next two photos show how/where it connects:

50158771897_9d21fb2977_z.jpgIMG_0199

50158771602_fca7a7a4cc_z.jpgIMG_0202

And the final result:

50158572091_0c0bf3f788_z.jpgIMG_0204

Edited by Neophyte_brickie
Final image replaced with edited version with improved brightness

On 2/22/2019 at 1:37 AM, HERMANtheSMASHER said:

Here is the one i would love to be able to solve but running into some road blocks on how to actually accomplish. This variation would allow for the most light transmittance from behind from an LED light pack. If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to solve it, it would be greatly appreciated or just have fun with it. I was trying to utilize part 11203 for one section but not sure its the best part for the job. Definite crits welcome.

46253826895_5021947155_h.jpgEngine Moc - Final Version 3 Trial by frank23philly, on Flickr

32226027747_08e82b565f_b.jpgEngine Moc - Final Version 3 Trial2 by frank23philly, on Flickr

Hope you all enjoy my tinkering and please leave whatever feedback you might have. 

Just saw this conversation and doing the modification for my 75912;

Here is my approach and the rendered image:
WDWUBWBZ9V4QzH-F2_YL_z5rPfCJFWu8uZmTRAew

My 2 cents;)

Edited by wenyulee

Just now, Pepinard said:

Is that a new LDD ? I gonna try that. I'm relatively new to this.

Thanks

I'm no expert and am relatively new to this too!  But my understanding is that LDD is now defunct.  I think Stud.io is very similar, in that it is basically a CAD program in which you can create virtual Lego builds.  I think it was developed by the people at Bricklink.com, it's free of charge, reasonably easy to use and works really well.  I'm playing around with it at the moment to see if I can create build instructions, and will post the results if I can figure it out.

52 minutes ago, Neophyte_brickie said:

I'm no expert and am relatively new to this too!  But my understanding is that LDD is now defunct.  I think Stud.io is very similar, in that it is basically a CAD program in which you can create virtual Lego builds.  I think it was developed by the people at Bricklink.com, it's free of charge, reasonably easy to use and works really well.  I'm playing around with it at the moment to see if I can create build instructions, and will post the results if I can figure it out.

Here's a link to the build instructions, which includes a parts list on the last page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ho49fl22u0evwla/btwn_mandibles_mf_mod_2.pdf?dl=0

I ought to once again give credit to @bdestena - this is really their mod, I've just adapted it slightly.

Edited by Neophyte_brickie

That was quick ! Thanks to both you then !

I just need to find how to build @Lock cockpit MOD, order everythings and I will be ready to build !

8 minutes ago, Pepinard said:

That was quick ! Thanks to both you then !

I just need to find how to build @Lock cockpit MOD, order everythings and I will be ready to build !

You’re welcome.  I think my next mod will be @Lock’s cockpit mod.  Fortunately you can import LDD files into Stud.io - so if you download the LDD for Lock’s cockpit mod from his website, you can pull it apart in Stud.io to see exactly how it’s done (I’m in the process of doing that, but it’s a little complicated so it’s taking some time).

Yes ! Juste saw this. I will add all those part to my wanted list. Stud.io is quite nice I must said.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, wenyulee said:

My 2 cents;)

Looks great! I like how you've created a 3D effect with the transparent "cheese" slopes. However, I can't see clearly, how the parts are connected... Could you show us more photos, please?

Edited by ClassicLook

1 hour ago, Rebel Scum2020 said:

Trekrider Can you send me the part numbers and descriptions and how many for your lates engain upgrade, it looks just like the real think parked at my job  Spartanrun18@outlook.com

Not quite sure what you are asking for here @Rebel Scum2020, if it's the @ClassicLook engine mod then you can get that on @Lock's website here: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310/

If you mean the sound and light kit, then you can get it here: http://www.lightmyfalcon.com/

42 minutes ago, Rebel Scum2020 said:

its the one that you put on drop box, so you can view it in the studio app.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bbfzp1o0tw1m5yo/AAAo4Dal90n4G5hD1WsevLd1a?dl=0

That's the @ClassicLook version, you will have to get the parts from the build list in Stud.io. There aren't that many different parts so it's pretty easy  to do.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:01 PM, Neophyte_brickie said:

You’re welcome.  I think my next mod will be @Lock’s cockpit mod.  Fortunately you can import LDD files into Stud.io - so if you download the LDD for Lock’s cockpit mod from his website, you can pull it apart in Stud.io to see exactly how it’s done (I’m in the process of doing that, but it’s a little complicated so it’s taking some time).

It’s a long time I finished modifying my MF, but all the last changes were added to my blog’s page (http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310/).

Anyway, if you need any help, feel free to ask here. :)

On 7/28/2020 at 4:52 PM, wenyulee said:

My 2 cents;)

I love the look of this and have spent the afternoon in Stud.io making variations of it and looking at how to chain them together.  The problem is that this is too tall to fit in the available space - you'd need to get rid of the plates on the top and bottom (even then I suspect it might be just slightly too tall) and in doing that you lose all structural integrity :( 

On 8/1/2020 at 7:52 PM, Lock said:

It’s a long time I finished modifying my MF, but all the last changes were added to my blog’s page (http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310/).

Anyway, if you need any help, feel free to ask here. :)

Well, since you offered...

The LDD of your cockpit mod on the website doesn't seem to include the little bit of corridor you added behind the seating area (visible in the photos). Can you give me some guidance as to how you achieved that? Is it very difficult (ie does it require any changes to the overlying structure? Thanks!