ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

On 3/29/2020 at 12:27 PM, bdestena said:

Well I got the MF but as with everyone in this forum I started looking into how to make things better. I've been focusing on aspects visible from the outside.

I've designed the following modifications in lego studio and am about to order the parts.
first up: Side airlocks

MF_airlock.jpg

MF_UCS_airlock_v2b_alt2_4.jpg

I'm having an upload issue, how do we get around the 120 kb limit?

Hello @bdestena

I really like your airlock design and wanted to incorporate it into my own MF. 

Could you send the files to my email, tonyislonely0609@gmail.com ?

Thank you and have a great day. 

Received my bricks and have started the mods.

Airlocks and cockpit are done. IMHO they look great. I need to update the airlock lego studio file as I did 2 small mods on the outer panel attachments to get it to work properly.
I'll also edit the files so that there are proper building instructions, right now there are no steps.

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

On 4/7/2020 at 3:57 AM, Schneeds said:

I finally finished building mine, and I must say it is a lovely model.  I did some significant reworking of the exterior greebling and detailing, basing it off of the 32" model used in ESB.  I also polished the interior up a bit for fun.  And lastly, I built a custom display table based off one that someone had linked earlier in the thread.

Your MF mods look sweet @Schneeds.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:02 PM, bricksmarlin said:

So, my falcon looks like that at the moment!

gallery_8754_6681_422289.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_159483.jpg

Great job!!!

Edited by CarloDavis

On 5/5/2020 at 9:20 PM, bdestena said:

Airlocks and cockpit are done. IMHO they look great. I need to update the airlock lego studio file as I did 2 small mods on the outer panel attachments to get it to work properly.
I'll also edit the files so that there are proper building instructions, right now there are no steps.

Hi @bdestena, Really liking your mods, are the airlock and mandible mod files available anywhere or can I get a copy please?

Regards

11 hours ago, Trekrider said:

Really liking your mods, are the airlock and mandible mod files available anywhere or can I get a copy please?

Hi @Trekrider I have lego studio files but as this was my first time using the application there are no steps. I'm working on actually making the files user friendly (i.e. stepped building instructions) and if things go as planned they should be available by the end of the weekend. if want the non-stepped lego studio file I'm happy to share them now.

16 minutes ago, bdestena said:

Hi @Trekrider I have lego studio files but as this was my first time using the application there are no steps. I'm working on actually making the files user friendly (i.e. stepped building instructions) and if things go as planned they should be available by the end of the weekend. if want the non-stepped lego studio file I'm happy to share them now.

Thanks, I just sent you a PM

On 5/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, bdestena said:

Nice MODs!

You've captured the look of the original docking rings well! How secure are they? Could you show some other pictures from other angles and a total?

Have you modyfied the back of the cockpit as well? It's a tricky area, since it's complicated to place the minifigs to the second row without a complete rebuild .

On 5/11/2020 at 5:34 AM, ClassicLook said:

Nice MODs!

You've captured the look of the original docking rings well! How secure are they? Could you show some other pictures from other angles and a total?

Have you modified the back of the cockpit as well? It's a tricky area, since it's complicated to place the minifigs to the second row without a complete rebuild .

Thanks, the outer plates are held by one stud so they are not the sturdiest but they hold. I tried multiple designs this is the only one I got to work. A 1x3 jumper to hold the plates would be better but unfortunately it doesn't quite fit.

Cockpit mods are not that big. I can send you the Studio files for all mods if you want to look at them in more detail.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:49 AM, bdestena said:

Could you send me the files without the instructions? (tonyislonely0609@gmail.com)

Thank you and have a great day!

On 5/8/2020 at 3:49 PM, bdestena said:

I would also like to get the files. (gns_seth@gmx.net)

Thanks, really great work.

I was dissatisfied with the old radar dish and tried my own variant. Unfortunately, the area is very small, but I think I'm getting closer to the original.

49889683941_5a7d71556d_c.jpgdish by A D, auf Flickr

9 hours ago, Silence47 said:

I would also like to get the files. (gns_seth@gmx.net)

Thanks, really great work.

I'm not satisfied with the robustness of the internal structure for the airlock. I'm working on improving it. I plan to have the new design ready within a week.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:14 PM, bdestena said:

Thanks @Mandalorianknight.

For the engine I decided do go a different route and do an engine off version. I have 2 versions but can't completely decide. I tend to prefer the first version which looks more accurate.
MF_UCS_enginev1_panels.png

MF_UCS_enginev2_panels.png

I also worked on the inside of the mandibule, which is quite tough to make look like the real one.

Mandibule_c2.png

mandibule.jpeg

Finally the cockpit. This is a close as I can get due to the limited space inside. I made a mockup with parts I have and this design fits to mod the to bracket (1x2 inverted instead of 2x2) for attachment of the canopy so that the 2 rear seats fit.

MF%20cockpit_b2_4.png

2716c1f250a2c6bc7480321c0f1d9358.jpg

I'm placing my order soon to get the parts. I'll share picts of the actual build once done.
Happy to share the lego studio files if anybody wants them.

I would also love to get the files for your great mods, if you can email them, please send to:

macguy@comcast.net

Thank you!

22 hours ago, bdestena said:

I'm not satisfied with the robustness of the internal structure for the airlock. I'm working on improving it. I plan to have the new design ready within a week.

New structure for airlocks is available. Much sturdier. It's ever so slightly oval though. If anybody has a fix I'll take it...

All files studio file can be found on bricksafe. Search for "lego-mf-ucs" (not putting the link as I believe lego is hunting for those and requesting they be removed, but I could be wrong).

Still working on the engine. This is requiring some mods to the structure though.

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

Edited by bdestena
added images

6 hours ago, bdestena said:

New structure for airlocks is available. Much sturdier. It's ever so slightly oval though. If anybody has a fix I'll take it...

All files studio file can be found on bricksafe. Search for "lego-mf-ucs" (not putting the link as I believe lego is hunting for those and requesting they be removed, but I could be wrong).

Still working on the engine. This is requiring some mods to the structure though.

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

Looks fantastic!

Thank you for sharing the models!

On 5/14/2020 at 2:29 PM, bdestena said:

Thanks, great ideas. I cant expect your Engine!

Your airlock inspired me a lot. I would like the Airlock to run diagonally forward, so I have a different basic structure. I tested my structure with your design. 

49898147192_cd3d1af07a_z.jpgAirlock_2 by A D, auf Flickr

Forget, my design is rounder, but I suspect yours is more stable.

49897910166_b44e5f580a_z.jpgAirlock_3 by A D, auf Flickr

Edited by Silence47

7 hours ago, Silence47 said:

Thanks, great ideas. I cant expect your Engine!

Your airlock inspired me a lot. I would like the Airlock to run diagonally forward, so I have a different basic structure. I tested my structure with your design. 

49898147192_cd3d1af07a_z.jpgAirlock_2 by A D, auf Flickr

Forget, my design is rounder, but I suspect yours is more stable.

49897910166_b44e5f580a_z.jpgAirlock_3 by A D, auf Flickr

I like your slanted plate. design I think I'll give it a try to see what it looks like. I'm not sure my design is more stable. the issue with my design is that the outer panels are held by 1 stud. Your design looks better from that perspective. The only potential weakness I see in your design is the stability of the hinges but it may be possible to lock things in place with a second round plate...

On 2/20/2018 at 11:30 AM, MatrixOne said:

Well finally i seem to be able to post a picture here showing what im trying out to get a better engine mod based on those seen here on the forum.

What do you think suits the best?

39489211175_014ed77479_o.jpg

39675146654_3e55b57b86_o.jpg

38575545220_ed40697497_z.jpg

Thanks to @Lock for the inspiring base work.

Thanks to @Robianco for guiding me to the tutorial on how to post pics via flickr.

Hay, MatrixOne which design did you go with for your falcon when it came time for the engine,  was it this one, or another one, and if so do you have instruction on how to build your design? I would like to add it yo my build instead of just blue tubes.  Thank you 

Dose anyone have any engine modifications for this model, that actually look like it should on the real falcon, if you do, please send me photos and if you have instructions that I can fallow to put it on it.

You can Email me at spartanrun18@outlook.com  thank you  

6 minutes ago, Rebel Scum2020 said:

Dose anyone have any engine modifications for this model, that actually look like it should on the real falcon, if you do, please send me photos and if you have instructions that I can fallow to put it on it.

You can Email me at spartanrun18@outlook.com  thank you  

There are tons of different engine mods in this thread with files for download, you just gotta browse some earlier pages

5 minutes ago, TravisH44 said:

There are tons of different engine mods in this thread with files for download, you just gotta browse some earlier pages

How do you download the mods though, new here so I dont know what I'm doing.

46 minutes ago, Rebel Scum2020 said:

How do you download the mods though, new here so I dont know what I'm doing.

Most people use Lego Digital Designer for their files, stud.io is another great one as well. People share their files via their own websites or Dropbox