ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Greetings all. Just started my falcon build. Question for you all.......Is it better to build whole falcon and then go back and build the mods or do mods while building?

Thanks all for your help!!

7 hours ago, rocky100370 said:

Greetings all. Just started my falcon build. Question for you all.......Is it better to build whole falcon and then go back and build the mods or do mods while building?

For me I would say it is better to build to plan then add the mods afterwards. I did do some of the simple ones as I went but it is hard to know if a modification will have a knock-on effect and cause problems later on, especially if they are your own modification. It is better to understand how it all fits together first.

Have fun with the build

15 hours ago, rocky100370 said:

What @Trekrider said.

It’s so easy to mess up things in later steps if you change something earlier. Better to understand how everything works before starting mods (unless you planned everything on LDD or Stud.io, but mistakes are always around the corner). :)

17 hours ago, rocky100370 said:

Depends on what kind of MODs you intent to do. I for one knew right from the start that I'd basically MOC huge elements like the plating, most details like on the side trenches, the mandibles and so on, so I implemented my MODs during the building process, which therefore took significantly longer. If you only want to implement small an local improvements, then you could built it as per instructions first and then go back.

Mine is sitting at something like a 50 angle since 2 years, no noticeable bending or drop.

Well they definitely drop very slightly, but only by about a half a stud. Mine has been up for 2 years too, and the situation did not evolve at all, so I don't think it is an issue (and it is barely noticeable).

Edit : In case it wasn't clear, I mounted it on Efferman stand, so the drop I mention is for a "vertical" position.

Edited by AfolFree

7 hours ago, rocky100370 said:

Thank you all for your input. Wasn't there an issue with the mandibles drooping? Did anyone know a fix for this?

I think it's a problem that afflicted seriously the previous model (the 2007 one). I've put some transparent 2x2 round bricks just in case.

IMG-1312.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality, dinner is ready and I've taken it in a hurry. :)

11 minutes ago, Trekrider said:

Just completed my Kessel Run Escape Pod by @Bigfoot, I managed to download it before Lego shut down all MF mods. I had to change some of the internals as some parts weren't available. Very neat how it attaches.

49692685926_e832de835b_z.jpgEscape 1 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49692989407_d0f014402c_z.jpgEscape 2 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49692143538_4ec0f701d2_z.jpgEscape 3 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49692988957_bbf882ac78_z.jpgEscape 4 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

Where did they block MF mods?

4 minutes ago, icefloe01 said:

Where did they block MF mods?

On Bricklink, all MF mods are now shown as "For display only" and can't be downloaded

5 hours ago, Trekrider said:

Just completed my Kessel Run Escape Pod by @Bigfoot, I managed to download it before Lego shut down all MF mods. I had to change some of the internals as some parts weren't available. Very neat how it attaches.

Wow, it’s beautiful. Could you please share the LDD file? :)

18 minutes ago, Lock said:

Wow, it’s beautiful. Could you please share the LDD file? :)

Thanks @Lock, I have a stud.io file but it's 193 KB which is too big to upload - any suggestions on how to get it to you?

3 hours ago, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

How do you enter this escape pod from inside the ship?

According to the "Owner's Guide to the Millenium Falcon" there is a service crawlspace inside the starboard mandible that can be accessed from the forward cargo hold and leads to the inside edge of the mandible. Maybe that's where the escape pod would have it's entrance. Not sure if there is any official answer to this though. Doesn't seem like something Lando would like.. 

Either way, I never really liked that part of the Solo Falcon. I feel like it disturbs the proportional balance of the ship too much. 

Teckrider Can you send me the instructions and part listing to make the front escape pod, I would like to add it to my build as well please.  Thank You

Hello everyone. I am trying to mod my UCS Millennium Falcon and I wanted to try to add a hall way to the cockpit. I am currently trying to build a hallway like the on @ScottishDave's Millennium Falcon however, I can find no information on how to create the hallway interior and exterior. Could anyone help me by providing files or pictures? 

Thank you and have a great day everyone.

Well I got the MF but as with everyone in this forum I started looking into how to make things better. I've been focusing on aspects visible from the outside.

I've designed the following modifications in lego studio and am about to order the parts.
first up: Side airlocks

MF_airlock.jpg

MF_UCS_airlock_v2b_alt2_4.jpg

I'm having an upload issue, how do we get around the 120 kb limit?

1 hour ago, bdestena said:

Well I got the MF but as with everyone in this forum I started looking into how to make things better. I've been focusing on aspects visible from the outside.

I've designed the following modifications in lego studio and am about to order the parts.
first up: Side airlocks

I'm having an upload issue, how do we get around the 120 kb limit?

I learned this from @BEAVeR recently when trying to post a moc, if you post the images on another site (I used bricksafe), and then link them, you get around the limit, with them still being visible in your post here.

That's also a great looking mod, the accuracy there is astounding.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Thanks @Mandalorianknight.

For the engine I decided do go a different route and do an engine off version. I have 2 versions but can't completely decide. I tend to prefer the first version which looks more accurate.
MF_UCS_enginev1_panels.png

MF_UCS_enginev2_panels.png

I also worked on the inside of the mandibule, which is quite tough to make look like the real one.

Mandibule_c2.png

mandibule.jpeg

Finally the cockpit. This is a close as I can get due to the limited space inside. I made a mockup with parts I have and this design fits to mod the to bracket (1x2 inverted instead of 2x2) for attachment of the canopy so that the 2 rear seats fit.

MF%20cockpit_b2_4.png

2716c1f250a2c6bc7480321c0f1d9358.jpg

I'm placing my order soon to get the parts. I'll share picts of the actual build once done.
Happy to share the lego studio files if anybody wants them.

Edited by bdestena

4 hours ago, bdestena said:

For the engine I decided do go a different route and do an engine off version. I have 2 versions but can't completely decide. I tend to prefer the first version which looks more accurate.

I also worked on the inside of the mandibule, which is quite tough to make look like the real one.

Mandibule_c2.png

mandibule.jpeg

Finally the cockpit. This is a close as I can get due to the limited space inside. I made a mockup with parts I have and this design fits to mod the to bracket (1x2 inverted instead of 2x2) for attachment of the canopy so that the 2 rear seats fit.

MF%20cockpit_b2_4.png

I'm placing my order soon to get the parts. I'll share picts of the actual build once done.

Can you email me your files on your falcon build, I'm also upgrading mine as well.  Spartanrun18@outlook.com

On 3/23/2020 at 8:36 PM, Trekrider said:

Can you email me the instructions on how to build the escape pod for this set please?  Thank you

Spartanrun18@outlook.com

8 hours ago, bdestena said:

Mandibule_c2.png

mandibule.jpeg

MF%20cockpit_b2_4.png

Hi,

I really like your MODs. You've made some nice unique solutions, especially at the engine.

Looking forward to see, how they come together in brick form. I'm curious, how the minifigs will fit into the cockpit, because it looks promising.

How do you plan to give the engine the blue highlight?

On 3/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, Trekrider said:

Thanks @Lock, I have a stud.io file but it's 193 KB which is too big to upload - any suggestions on how to get it to you?

Could you please send it to my “battle-mail”? :)

thanks.

Edited by Lock