ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Just now, macaron35 said:

WOW you are fast

took me a while to finish the MF, how much time are you spending everyday on this ?

It's nice to see that you have modded directly some stuff, you'll save some time during construction time, especially as those elements do not modify the main structure, you won't encounter any issue to finish the build

My light system will arrive this weekend and i will be done for now

Maybe I'm modify the ramp in the future, i hope it's not too complicated to remove the actual parts, that's what scares me

We are only doing one step a day but are often skipping days. We are only doing modifications that we feel won't have an impact on the standard build - we want to complete then go back and modify. I think there will need to be quite a bit of disassembly involved. 

26 minutes ago, Bigdwazda said:

one thing I found is that the engine mod looks better with some of the 1x2 plates removed from the top and bottom. I also replaced 2 of the longer poles with shorter ones.  Now mine only has extra plates and longer poles on the very middle section.  Small thing but looks better to me.  

Thanks for the tip @Bigdwazda, I've just done the same as you and agree it looks much better.

The more I build of the falcon the more I like the unmodified look.  

I was considering the changing the escape pod hatches but the stock ones look great even if they are slightly inaccurate. 

The way I will mount the falcon will mean I will never see the gap in the mandibles and interiors aren’t important to me.  

The only mod I would consider is the one I think is beyond my modding skill.  I would love to extend the engine covers out.   I did it on my 75257 set and I think it looks great. 
49420198973_eaa819689b_c.jpg

By comparison I think it’s the weakest area of the UCS model.  It by no means look bad but the mock by Marshall banana shows how good this area can look. 

I love looking through the forums for mods people do and I am staggered by how good some mods look. The way people make Lego work for what they want to build is insane. 

Edited by Bigdwazda

On 2/5/2020 at 2:27 PM, macaron35 said:

is there a way for you to separate the real build part from the URL while keeping it in the same file ?Or could you add a background with your URL instead ?

I don’t think but, if you go to the groups tab, I always separate the URL from other elements (and, often, some parts from others). There you have full control on everything.

Ok. I finished the massive build and now have a huge paper weight to store in my Lego room :laugh:

The engine mod was a bit of waste of time as I will never see it :iamded_lol:.  The lights will also never be seen again :ugh:

It looks totally epic in person and I’m glad I have it in my collection. 
49499951138_769782c630_c.jpg

That said my favourite set is still my modded 75103 First Order Transporter.  A very odd choice I know.

Also a big apology to all those offended by overuse of emojis.  :damn:

Edited by Bigdwazda

just received the cheap lighting system... well, cheap chinese quality product :(

the wiring is not perfect, you bend it a little and it doesn't work anymore...

and someone the rear bottom part of my MF is falling down i don't know why...

I have to check this.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Bigdwazda said:

The engine mod was a bit of waste of time as I will never see it :iamded_lol:.  The lights will also never be seen again :ugh:

Lacking a cabinet with glass on the sides this was my first thought as well. One trip to Ikea and that was solved :classic:

49507443866_941338e799_b.jpgMF 75192 mod with mirrors by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

They sell a cheap set of mirrors there, in packs of four :thumbup:

There is a solution to everything. 

Its not one for me but you can definitely see the mandible and engine mods. 
 :excited:

The parts we needed to complete the modifications to steps 12 and 13 arrived today:

Looks like standard in this view apart from the vents being correctly oriented, thanks to @Lock

49533384088_8dc2ecf090_z.jpgSteps 12 and 13 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

As can be seen, we have modified the starboard side sections to split them like the port side to give access to room 3, which is a blank canvas at the moment.

49534105597_9b87163f8c_z.jpgSteps 12 and 13 hatch off by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

We have also completed the floor in room 4 and covered up the top of the canon (mostly) - not sure how this is going to work yet as I know the passageway to the cockpit goes over this section.

49533892766_2565bb8b40_z.jpgRoom 4 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

The plan now is to complete steps 15 to 17, then look at modifying the cockpit, adding content to rooms 3 and 4 and some other things we have in mind.

Hi guys,

I'm happy, that many of you use my version of engine MOD.

Does someone have instructions for the fixing of the bottom panel? 

Every time I look at my Falcon, it bothers me a bit....

3 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

Hi guys,

Hi @ClassicLook, the way I did it was to simply modify the section that plugs in the rear. In step 317 replace the two tan clips with a 1 x 4 plate, then after step 322 fit the two tan clips above the two 1 x 10 plates and put another 1 x 4 plate on top of them - this moves them up by two plates and was enough to get it level. 

13 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

Hi guys,

In a way, I am reassured because when i finished the mod, i realized that the rear bottom of the MF was loose and I thought that a piece to retain it fell off

I don't remember that the original engine was holding the bottom ? was it ?

Does anyone have the .lxf file of Marshal Banana's module that fits in between the mandibles? If not, could you at least post some high-quality pictures of it from various angles, not installed on the ship? Thanks.

4 hours ago, JaCor653 said:

Does anyone have the .lxf file of Marshal Banana's module that fits in between the mandibles? If not, could you at least post some high-quality pictures of it from various angles, not installed on the ship? Thanks.

I don't know if this is the one you mean but I found this one:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=115367

On 9/27/2017 at 3:39 AM, bricksmarlin said:

Changes in the front area (design by Marshal Banana)!

gallery_8754_6681_26633.jpg

Thanks, but this is what I'm after.

I've just noticed, that my MF MODs have been marked as copyright infringement, so they aren't available on Bricklink's Stud.io Gallery anymore...

I can't understand, why LEGO do this... The engine MOD was very popular in my opinion, so it's a good business for the company.

I think I'm going to upload them to another platform.

Edited by ClassicLook

Just so that too :(

it says for display only, TLG is really killing Bricklink...

By the way, have you found a little trick to fix the falling rear below the engine mod ?

4 hours ago, macaron35 said:

By the way, have you found a little trick to fix the falling rear below the engine mod ?

I haven't solved it yet, but I'm going to follow @Trekrider's recommendations. I'd like to try it in Stud.io first.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:41 PM, ClassicLook said:

I've just noticed, that my MF MODs have been marked as copyright infringement, so they aren't available on Bricklink's Stud.io Gallery anymore...

I can't understand, why LEGO do this... The engine MOD was very popular in my opinion, so it's a good business for the company.

I think I'm going to upload them to another platform.

That’s crazy. :(

If it can help, I’ll soon (next weeks/months, very busy at the moment) implement your engine on my Falcon. So I’ll let the LDD file be downloadable from my website as well.

Edited by Lock

Small update to my MF article: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

I've switched to ClassicLook engine (you can download the LDD file from there, as the one on Bricklink is marked as "display only"). I've left the link in the file and a mention to the creator. :)

I've also changed the ramp colors and its mechanism and refined Lando's "porthole". And, yes, Lando himself arrived. :)

As a quick fix for the loose part below the engine, I've removed some pieces (but I think I've done some time ago, as I've no documents about that) and used a crappy but effective connection to "keep it up":

Fix.jpg

Edited by Lock
Guess what? Usual typos :)

20 hours ago, Lock said:

Small update to my MF article: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

I've switched to ClassicLook engine (you can download the LDD file from there, as the one on Bricklink is marked as "display only"). I've left the link in the file and a mention to the creator. :)

Hi,

It's very kind from you to mention me as a creator. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, ClassicLook said:

Hi,

It's very kind from you to mention me as a creator. Thank you!

It's very deserved, you came out with hands down the best implementation of the MF engine. And I love the center hole for the LED strip (even if lights aren't in my mind for now). :)