ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

1 hour ago, Bigdwazda said:

So totally ignoring the above I am modding as I go along ?.  That said they are minor things.  So I have straightened the panel under the engine.  Used the @ClassicLook engine bank.  I’m not sure I will mod anything else.  I’m not an interior person so interior mods for me.  I was thinking of modding the 2 escape hatches. However while more accurate I think I prefer the inaccurate look.  

I’m about to start bag 11.  

for reference the below uses the cheap led strip lights and some grease proof paper to diffuse the light.  

49463000293_ba7c6f2360_c.jpg

Nice !

Did you put inside the lightning set you advised me to buy ? if it's the case, where did you put the battery case ?

frankly it's way better than the cheap plastic tubes TLG put initially 

Edited by macaron35

We have just completed step 9 - that was a challenge getting the upper mandible covers to line up. Parts have started arriving for the first of the mods (engine, vents and mandible gap) and we are now officially on the March wait list for the Brickstuff sound and light kit. I've been working on the design for motorising the ramp in 'Studio' and I plan to drive it from the remote button that operates the landing lights. I have some micro RC servos coming as I hope to install it without cutting down too much on what will be room 4 (where the canon is).

Probably have to take a break now until Sunday as we have a 9 hour round-trip on Saturday morning (leaving at 4am).

@macaron35 yes that is the cheap lights I advised you to get.  

the battery box fits on the right hand side interior that is empty.  I then put some grease proof paper in to diffuse the light.  On the bottom photo you can see how the wire is pushed through the frame.  

49464423257_ce37622a44_c.jpg

49463713893_f298eae82c_c.jpg

Edited by Bigdwazda

ok great thanks for the info, i will try that

I will order the lighting set soon... a bit busy with kylo Ren command shuttle so I am missing some space to open up the MF, i don't want to break anything while building something else ;)

The result is really nice

On 12/11/2019 at 4:53 AM, ekrangnes said:

Pro tip: use a 4L technic axle to connect the two arches :-)

Hi @ekrangnes, I love the top hatch cover and shields design and would like to incorporate in our build - can you tell me the number for the two arches that form the hole please? 

Edit: Scratch that - 3307 x 2 plus 3705 x 2 - I had found it but was fooled by 'Studio' showing it as a stepped part not a smooth semi-circle

Edited by Trekrider
Answered own question

I just finished the engine section of my Falcon and hate it. I ordered the pieces to do the @ClassicLook mod and am waiting until those get in before I continue with my build. I'll likely wait to do any other mods until I complete the standard build, but I couldn't move forward with the engines the way they are.

6 hours ago, Trekrider said:

Hi @ekrangnes, I love the top hatch cover and shields design and would like to incorporate in our build - can you tell me the number for the two arches that form the hole please? 

Edit: Scratch that - 3307 x 2 plus 3705 x 2 - I had found it but was fooled by 'Studio' showing it as a stepped part not a smooth semi-circle

Get two 4L technic axles too - they make the construction sturdy. Stick them in the arch and use them connect the arches together. 

20 minutes ago, ekrangnes said:

Get two 4L technic axles too - they make the construction sturdy. Stick them in the arch and use them connect the arches together. 

Thanks @ekrangnes, 3705 is the 4L axles - once I understood which part the arches were (and that it was the same part back to back) I realised what you meant about the axles.

@waden34 I actually think the tubes look great but i do prefer the engine mod. What i would say is that the engine mod is easy to retrofit at any stage of the build. Personally i would continue building but its your choice, i appreciate we are all different and that's just fine. 

also, what do you think of my small person mod.  I attached him with a few Technic pins and some spare 2x4 plates. It may be a stronger connection if he was a bit older and had acne. I'm pretty sure using spots to attach the 2x4 would help a bit. 

49467089828_4c28f49ba0_c.jpg

Edited by Bigdwazda

On 1/3/2020 at 6:06 PM, Lock said:

On my blog you can download the LDD file of that mod, just to have an idea about where to start from:

http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#mandibole

Just remember to select “English” in the translation bar in the lower left side of the page. :)

Hi Lock,

Now that i have recently modded the engine (I should have used your model, it would have been better and simpler than another mod i used... and cheaper also, too bad... my fault, I should have checked this topic first), I am considering modding the mandibles.

In your part list, there is 58 x Tile 1 x 1 with Groove (3070) in Dark Bluish Gray and 208 x the same part in Black

I just realized that the lxf file is about your website made with tiles, but not the instructions to build the mod, how can i get the proper instructions ?

Thanks

Edited by macaron35

Just now, macaron35 said:

In your part list, there is 58 x Tile 1 x 1 with Groove (3070) in Dark Bluish Gray and 208 x the same part in Black

is it correct ? I have imported in the lxf file in bricklink and it's those strange quantities....

I can answer that for you as I had the same issue - Lock writes his full web address out with those tiles - if you make it smaller you can see them, draw a box round them all and delete them to get the real parts list.

37 minutes ago, Trekrider said:

I can answer that for you as I had the same issue - Lock writes his full web address out with those tiles - if you make it smaller you can see them, draw a box round them all and delete them to get the real parts list.

OK thanks for the tip, i will check this. I have put it in build mode, zooming in and out i have seen nothing except the URL...

I will check again

4 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

OK thanks for the tip, i will check this. I have put it in build mode, zooming in and out i have seen nothing except the URL...

I will check again

That's correct - the URL is written out with the bricks - very clever

ok i see it

but it does not appear in build mode, so i have click part by part on the render to see each brick

On 1/31/2020 at 10:08 AM, Bigdwazda said:

@waden34 I actually think the tubes look great but i do prefer the engine mod. What i would say is that the engine mod is easy to retrofit at any stage of the build. Personally i would continue building but its your choice, i appreciate we are all different and that's just fine. 

also, what do you think of my small person mod.  I attached him with a few Technic pins and some spare 2x4 plates. It may be a stronger connection if he was a bit older and had acne. I'm pretty sure using spots to attach the 2x4 would help a bit. 

49467089828_4c28f49ba0_c.jpg

Hi,

Btw, did you cut the led stripe to shorten it or did you simply put everything inside ?

if so, what length did you cut ?

thanks a lot

just ordered the kit, it was finally cheaper than expected :)

@macaron35 HI There, 

I didn't bother cutting it, i threaded it through one way and then the other and it fits perfectly. The only thing i did do was to cover some of the LED's with blue tack that weren't in the engine bay. Its not a necessity to cover these but it does stop any unwanted lights showing through. 

49482370792_c220d298b6_c.jpg

Still haven’t finished building it yet.  5 sets of bags to go still. 

49482163811_a4d26a4cf5_c.jpg

Edited by Bigdwazda

On 1/31/2020 at 2:08 AM, Bigdwazda said:

I actually think the tubes look great but i do prefer the engine mod. What i would say is that the engine mod is easy to retrofit at any stage of the build. Personally i would continue building but its your choice, i appreciate we are all different and that's just fine. 

When I saw the Falcon in the store and even after I purchased it, I didn't mind the tubes. Then I saw the mod and it just blows it away. 

The small person mod is a nice touch. :)

just finised the mod for the mandibles, the MF is now way nicer than just having this hole on the front

Just a few parts because it makes a huge difference

On 1/31/2020 at 11:17 AM, Trekrider said:

Oh, sorry guys, I’ve never realized that the “URL” could interfere with the parts list (I hope nobody ordered my website on BrickLink so far!). :P

Too bad there are no ways to add notes in the LDD project (they would be very useful) and I wanted to leave a way to link to the original mod page, in case someone would like to know more. :)

Edited by Lock
My usual typos. :)

We completed step 11 on Monday night and since then have installed @Lock's Mandible Gap mod, @ClassicLook's engine mod (plus flattened the underside), fitted a floor to Room 3 and modified the mount for the canon (rotated it 180 degrees) to give more room in Room 4. We now have all the parts for @Lock's Vent mod and most of the parts for our variation on @ekrangnes's Lando Hatch (if we can get it working).

49492105516_7bbcc8c199_z.jpgMandible Mod by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49491603553_efb137fb97_z.jpgEngine Mod by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

49492105916_b1ffcb082b_z.jpgCanon Mod copy by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

Next will be back to the regular build with Step 12.

@Trekrider like me your modding as you go.  You’re modding more than me.  

one thing I found is that the engine mod looks better with some of the 1x2 plates removed from the top and bottom. I also replaced 2 of the longer poles with shorter ones.  Now mine only has extra plates and longer poles on the very middle section.  Small thing but looks better to me.  

I can only assume it was designed how it is to take into account the raised bit in the middle. 

Edited by Bigdwazda

WOW you are fast

took me a while to finish the MF, how much time are you spending everyday on this ?

It's nice to see that you have modded directly some stuff, you'll save some time during construction time, especially as those elements do not modify the main structure, you won't encounter any issue to finish the build

My light system will arrive this weekend and i will be done for now

Maybe I'm modify the ramp in the future, i hope it's not too complicated to remove the actual parts, that's what scares me

5 minutes ago, Bigdwazda said:

@Trekrider like me your modding as you go.  You’re modding more than me.  

one thing I found is that the engine mod looks better with some of the 1x2 plates removed from the top and bottom. I also replaced 2 of the longer poles with shorter ones.  Now mine only has extra plates and longer poles on the very middle section.  Small thing but looks better to me.  

I can only assume it was designed how it is to take into account the raised bit in the middle. 

Funny you should say that @Bigdwazda, I was just looking at it (having done the mod about an hour ago) and was thinking to either add more 1 x 2 plates or remove them. I like your idea to remove them.

Edited by Trekrider
Incomplete sentence

1 hour ago, Lock said:

Oh, sorry guys, I’ve never realized that the “URL” could interfere with the parts list (I hope nobody ordered my website on BrickLink so far!). :P

Too bad there are no ways to add notes in the LDD project (they would be very useful) and I wanted to leave a way to link to the original mod page, in case someone would like to know more. :)

is there a way for you to separate the real build part from the URL while keeping it in the same file ?

Or could you add a background with your URL instead ?