ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

just ordered the parts for the engine mod :)

that will be a great change compared to the cheap tubes !

I still have to figure out how to mod the hole between the mandibles

Edited by macaron35

8 hours ago, macaron35 said:

still have to figure out how to mod the hole between the mandibles

On my blog you can download the LDD file of that mod, just to have an idea about where to start from:

http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#mandibole

Just remember to select “English” in the translation bar in the lower left side of the page. :)

Edited by Lock
My usual iPad auto-corrector typos. :)

Hey guys, been reading through this forum and have seen some excellent ways of lowering the ramp using a worm gear. Have been trying to implement this, was wondering if anybody has come up with a relatively easy way to do this?

7 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Hey guys, been reading through this forum and have seen some excellent ways of lowering the ramp using a worm gear. Have been trying to implement this, was wondering if anybody has come up with a relatively easy way to do this?

Here you go: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#rampa

Ignore the text (there’s a translation button in the lower left corner, if you want to know more) and download the LDD file. It’s not super easy, as you need to do some minor changes to structure to free a bit of space, but it’s not too complicated either. :)

wow, just finished modding the engine

that was the first time i ever used a .io file, not easy at first and i ordered the wrong number of parts, then with a bit of patience, I was able to finish the mod, and really, it was an exciting result !!!

so happy to get rid of those plastic tubes, my MF75192 never looked so realistic :)

can't wait to add the led lights in the future before putting the ship in a coffee table, thanks again to the author of the mod :)

btw, any good wireless lighting system to recommend for the engine ? 

in a few months, as i will put the MF in a coffee table, it would be easier to turn on/off the lights if it's working with a remote or a smartphone i don't know... or maybe it's possible to adapt some ikea wiresless switch...

thanks

4 hours ago, macaron35 said:

btw, any good wireless lighting system to recommend for the engine ? 

in a few months, as i will put the MF in a coffee table, it would be easier to turn on/off the lights if it's working with a remote or a smartphone i don't know... or maybe it's possible to adapt some ikea wiresless switch...

thanks

http://www.lightmyfalcon.com/

thanks

oh wow, that's nice but expensive. I guess i'll pass... I'd rather put that money into lego bricks to build MOCs. I thought that it would be something like under $100, because after all, it's only LEDs. 

2 hours ago, macaron35 said:

thanks

oh wow, that's nice but expensive. I guess i'll pass... I'd rather put that money into lego bricks to build MOCs. I thought that it would be something like under $100, because after all, it's only LEDs. 

I think that Arduino and its programmable functions could provide a realistic and cheap solution. That way you can assign every led the proper function (change brightness for engine, blinking for lasers, dimming for cockpit and so on). It could require a bit of studying and tral&error but I guess that’s how the lightmyfalcon and similar led systems work.

As soon as I’ll decide my mods will be finished, I’ll start to read more about it. :)

i still have to mod the mandibles according to what you did and i think that would be it, i guess i would be happy with the ship

so far modding the engine was already a very big change

Hi, another newbie here (well sort of), whilst I started playing with LEGO 58 years ago and of late have been slowly building/collecting the UCS Star Wars kits (X-Wing, Tie Fighter and now MF), this is my first time 'modifying' kits other then fitting the 'Light my Bricks' kits to the X-Wing and Saturn V. I have been wanting the 75192 MF since it came out and finally got the kit just after Christmas 2019. We  have just completed Step 6 (I'm building it with my daughter) - as we have been building, I have seen several areas where I want to change things as they just seem not quite right or could be improved.

I have just read through all 34 pages of this thread and see some fantastic ideas. Thanks to @ClassicLook, for the engine mod and to @Lock, for the great website and downloadable files. I now have the parts on order for the engine, Mandible Gap and Vents plus more to start work on the Cockpit and Room 3.

We plan on completing the build according to the instructions then go back and start modifying - probably harder that way but I want to see how it all fits together first.

I will be getting (or making) a glass coffee table for it to go in so want to have the lights controllable by remote. I do like the LightMyFalcon kit and may jump on the March 2020 release. I would also like to motorise the ramp and possibly the 'Lando' hatch if I can - again with remote but lets see how we go :laugh:

49449248782_d8145061e1_c.jpgStep 6 by Barry Lunn, on Flickr

Edited by Trekrider
Added Image

Hi there

I just recently completed the build and your approach is good. It's better to finish it before considering modifications, otherwise it would be difficult to continue the construction. Some early stages have major impact on steps arriving even at the end

Hi @macaron35, Yes, I was playing with the drop down canon earlier as it seems such a waste of space in Room 4 to have the mechanism where it is - I managed to rotate it all to the other side which looked much better for the room but then wondered if it would conflict with the lower sides when they go on so put it back to standard, just in case.

as for my own build, I am not modifying the inside, because the MF will end in a glass/wood coffee table. I wanted the outside to be more accurate. So, so far, I only modded the engine (instead of those ugly blue plastic tubes).

I think i will display the ship with the ramp open and minifig next to it, and that's it.

I am not those who "play" with it, because those sets are very large, heavy and a bit fragile.

@Trekrider oddly I’m at exactly the same point as you.  I am also doing the engine mod but I am unlikely to do any others.  Except the cheap light solution. 

I also flattened out the trim below the engine as I built it.  I will do the same for the top panels   

49448900493_91a41a9d5a_z.jpg

Edited by Bigdwazda

btw, back to my original question, if someone has a good tip for an affordable lightning system just for the engine and wireless, please let us know :)

The Light my falcon solution is a bit too expensive for me, but also i want lights just for the engine

thanks

How about the Light my Bricks solution:

https://www.lightmybricks.com.au/products/star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-75912-lego-light-kit

Alternatively just buy the parts for what you want from their range?

Remote control and flicker effects here:

https://www.lightmybricks.com/collections/diy-effects-lego-lights

Edited by Trekrider
Added link to remote

On 1/27/2020 at 10:45 AM, Trekrider said:

Hi @macaron35, Yes, I was playing with the drop down canon earlier as it seems such a waste of space in Room 4 to have the mechanism where it is - I managed to rotate it all to the other side which looked much better for the room but then wondered if it would conflict with the lower sides when they go on so put it back to standard, just in case.

Yes, I think the best solution is to complete it before start the modding. If you leave the “main road” and make a mistake (some later piece not fitting, properly, for example), it would be a mess to go back and correct it.

I remember how scared I was when I started to apply mods. But, after some weeks I learned the MF so well I think I can (almost) rebuild it without manual. Well, not true but, at least, I feel much more confident. :)

So totally ignoring the above I am modding as I go along ?.  That said they are minor things.  So I have straightened the panel under the engine.  Used the @ClassicLook engine bank.  I’m not sure I will mod anything else.  I’m not an interior person so interior mods for me.  I was thinking of modding the 2 escape hatches. However while more accurate I think I prefer the inaccurate look.  

I’m about to start bag 11.  

for reference the below uses the cheap led strip lights and some grease proof paper to diffuse the light.  

49463000293_ba7c6f2360_c.jpg

Edited by Bigdwazda