ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

17 hours ago, Willsy said:

Regarding the Efferman stand, how deep of a shelf will I need? I'm currently trying to decide if it would want to store it on top of my wardrobe, or put up a shelf specifically for it. 

Hi, mine sits comfortable on a 37 cm deep shelf. I also think, that about 35 cm is the minimum. If you put it on a cabinet, it could be a bit narrower, because there always a little gap between the furniure and the wall.

Edited by ClassicLook

Okay great, thanks everyone! I think I'll opt to get a smallish table to go next to my desk, and then Bricklink the parts for the Efferman stand somewhere down the line. 

On another note, I've downloaded the LXF for the set and taken a look at the interior. Reading through this thread has already spawned some inspiration, including the sleeping quarters/galley and some floor tiling. I don't feel confident enough with the idea of changing the technical frame, so I'll likely work within the confines of that. 

Finances permitting, I should be able to finally pick the Falcon up early January! 

On 11/28/2019 at 10:17 PM, ClassicLook said:

Thank you. I'm very satisfied with the final engine design. It seems like that it is very popular in Bricklink's Studio Gallery. It had more than 1500 views and 75 downloads in 1 week.

I have to mention, that it could't have been created without the inspiring work of @bricksmarlin@Lock and @HERMANtheSMASHER

I think it’s the purpose of this kind of forums: find and share inspirations. :)

I thought I’ve had finally done with my MF, but your engine is so tempting (along with @ekrangnes hatch) that I’m sure I’ll start working on it again. :)

On 11/30/2019 at 1:08 AM, Willsy said:

Regarding the Efferman stand, how deep of a shelf will I need? I'm currently trying to decide if it would want to store it on top of my wardrobe, or put up a shelf specifically for it. 

Just measured mine. It fits on a 20cm shelf which I offset by 3cm from the wall (therefore 23cm depth total). From memory it's the normal efferman stand, not the narrow one.

It's quite a tight fit but has been perfectly fine. (Page 21 has photos of my setup).

The only problem I encounter is because of its location, when I open the cupboard door above the stairs, I sometimes forget and knock off one or two of the fins at the back :grin:

On 11/27/2019 at 7:20 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

Which legs?  @Delta Walker

legs=landing gear

Oh and I just constructed and swapped out ClassicLook's engine design for the stock engine.  It goes in like butter.  I may add a few more 1x2 tiles to fill in that gap between the ventral and dorsal plating like BricksMarlin did.  Everyone in this thread had good ideas for making this engine look way better.  It's just a matter of picking the one you like best.

Edited by Delta Walker

On 10/21/2017 at 7:55 PM, sed6 said:

Flattened out the rear, looks much better to me.

2017-10-21_09-45-48

VERY envious of what you achieved here!  This looks like Lego should have made it.  I can get the top of the hull to be snug against the engines like this but not the bottom.  I find I need those hinges to get the ends to come up.  I need a Bothan to steal your plans for this mod...

Got some updates for mine, I finished my redesign of the ramp:

49191166577_d866d3b79d_w.jpgRamp Mod by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

The main objective was to make 2 sets of ramp arms, the ones at the interior aren't actually connected to anything, only the ramp. You can't see that they aren't attached no matter how much you lower the ramp, so the illusion is preserved I suppose. I kinda went with my own design on the floor of the ramp, I think it turned out pretty good.

After much frustration and metaphorical sweat I managed to install the dilating top hatch that @ekrangnes designed (thanks again for taking the time to post the instructions!!). I've basically tried to adapt it as much as possible to the original ship design, but I couldn't quite manage to get a minifigure to both fit inside the ship with closed hatch and stick out of the top with open hatch. There simply isn't enough space for the lift to rise and lower as much as needed. I actually had to make several tweaks to the elevator in order to get it to fit in that section of the ship between the 2 black brackets, that was an unexpected challenge that took a lot of time to figure out. I saw that @ekrangnes redesigned the whole top area of that section of ship (and possibly more?), so I bet that has a lot to do with getting the minifigure to clear the top of the hatch. Anyway, still an amazing addition, I still need to finish out the greebling on top but here's what I got!

49190971311_b8e88dbf81_w.jpgCleared out as many pins as possible to make space by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

49190470558_bb8e4e5e58_w.jpgAs high as I can get the lift to raise a minifig by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

24 minutes ago, TravisH44 said:

Got some updates for mine, I finished my redesign of the ramp:

49191166577_d866d3b79d_w.jpgRamp Mod by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

The main objective was to make 2 sets of ramp arms, the ones at the interior aren't actually connected to anything, only the ramp. 

Take a look at what I did with adding anterior arms but having them driven by servo. It's several posts up.

1 minute ago, icefloe01 said:

Take a look at what I did with adding anterior arms but having them driven by servo. It's several posts up.

Okay, it's actually back in page 31. An additional note: all the Technic friction pins I had to trade out to non-friction so the servo could raise and lower the ramp.

4 minutes ago, icefloe01 said:

Okay, it's actually back in page 31. An additional note: all the Technic friction pins I had to trade out to non-friction so the servo could raise and lower the ramp.

I saw!! seriously great work. I have 0 room left for a servo motor so my cosmetic illusion will have to be good enough.

Great job guys. I think I’ll change my engine soon with @Delta Walker one. I also need to redo the ramp as I didn’t want to change the internal structure so I’ve done many aesthetic compromises. And now I’m tempted by the top hatch. But I’ve to find a way to hide it as much as possible when closed.

I foresee a new Star Wars Xmas. :D

On 12/7/2019 at 11:47 AM, Delta Walker said:

VERY envious of what you achieved here!  This looks like Lego should have made it.  I can get the top of the hull to be snug against the engines like this but not the bottom.  I find I need those hinges to get the ends to come up.  I need a Bothan to steal your plans for this mod...

Thanks! Let me know if you need more pics or help. 

Glad that I was able to be of inspiration @TravisH44 :-) The travel is an issue with the elevator design as stated original post; regardless of the compact the design. The way I tuned it for maximum effect is that I drove it all the way to the bottom; built up the base so the shields just barely would clear the minifig hair; and then when at the very top the shields should be exactly at the waist. I'd love to see that the minifig actually properly got all the way up. I am working on an alternative liftarm and actuator approach to try to solve that - if I am successful I will share.

49200226563_f77fb9a505_c.jpgTop cover and hatch internals by ekrangnes, on Flickr

Top hatch cover and internals. Pro tip: use a 4L technic axle to connect the two arches :-)

Edited by ekrangnes

Today I had a bit of fun with my MILFone. I’ve changed a bit the ramp (didn’t have all pieces, so maybe I’ll need to do a Bricklink order very soon).

Then, having some more spare time, I’ve played a bit on a very basic hatch solution with the bricks I had at home. I know it’s way too different from the real thing, but I sort of like it.

Here’s a very quick video I’ve uploaded on Facebook:

Edited by Lock
My usual typos. :)

Hello everyone!

First I must tell you how impressed I am by all of your mods. I must have read this thread 4-5 times already. A special thanks to @Lock for fixing his LDD file! (and hi btw :classic:)

Now I thought I´d stop beeing a casual stalker to this thread and step into the light to post some of my own work on the Falcon. It´s a WIP and I hope you could share some of your thoughts on it.

49224341167_e205a007d9_z.jpgMF 75192 modded engine/added flaps by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

This is the Falcon as it is now. The mods are mainly external at the moment. I´ve modded the engine by adding "flaps" (inspired by the marshal banana model) to a modified version of classiclooks engine on BL. As I didn´t have the courage to rebuild all of the top panels and wanted to save the original feeling of the 75192 this added 3- 3.5 studs to the overall leangth of the ship. Therefore I decided to ad wedge plates to  the top panels to make the circular form more proportionate, it´s not perfect since the front panels by the mandibles already are rather slim compared to the sides and back, but for me it´s an acceptable compomise.

49223661943_a3701f4546_z.jpgMF 75192 Close in on rear details by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

Close up to the engine flaps.

49224355947_076beb5946_z.jpgMF 75192 Close in on panel extension by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

49223656028_60236177d1_z.jpgMF 75192 Close in on forward panel mod by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

These are the added plates to adjust the diameter of the circular form.

49224407972_c5c447d8e2_z.jpgMF 75192 engine mod by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

As the flaps are connected to the engine with 1x2 modified plates with clips I used the engine version with clip bars as I thought it gave me the best grid like look.

49224155331_803afd2505_z.jpgMF 75192 Cockpit mod by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

And of couse the first thing I modded was the cockpit, right now only two minifigs fit but since I display the Falcon without pilots I´m okay with that.

All of the work I´ve done so far are heavily inspired and borrowed ideas by all of you so I can´t take any credit for it. I do hope I´m excused if this post is a bit hefty or out of bounds in any way, it´s my first real post on EB :innocent:

24 minutes ago, Thatguymax said:

First I must tell you how impressed I am by all of your mods. I must have read this thread 4-5 times already. A special thanks to @Lock for fixing his LDD file! (and hi btw :classic:)

Hi, and welcome to the light side of posters. :D

Your mods on MF circumference are very interesting, especially the engine extension, that's more similar to the real piece of junk. You just gave me an idea for a new change (next year). :)

Boy does that move quickly. Before you fill the area in i suggest taking a bunch of photos and list out the parts for people. 

Nice. Next move would be integrate both mechanisms in only one. :)

Edited by Lock

Long time no see...

I finally pulled the trigger on this one when I saw it for slightly over 600 EUR, and I slowly but gradually MOC most major elements to give it cleaner lines, smoother plating and accurate detail. Here are a couple WIP-impressions:

740199162_FalconWIP001.png.42ecd94a9c673

2009329499_FalconWIP002.png.420c8bb654e7

1866355694_FalconWIP003.png.f65903518991

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

6 hours ago, DarthTwoShedsJackson said:

Long time no see...

I finally pulled the trigger on this one when I saw it for slightly over 600 EUR, and I slowly but gradually MOC most major elements to give it cleaner lines, smoother plating and accurate detail. Here are a couple WIP-impressions:

Dang that looks a lot cleaner than the set! I really like how you did the blast damage on the side, I think I might have to add that now