ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Mmmm delicious controversy. I personally could never buy Lepin cos it just aint the real deal.

Sorry guys, I didn't want to create any trouble. Let's go back to mods. :)

I don't know if this has been asked before, but is it possible to mirror the bottom left side of the falcon with the removable panels to the other side without extra parts?

21 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I don't know if this has been asked before, but is it possible to mirror the bottom left side of the falcon with the removable panels to the other side without extra parts?

I don't believe it's possible, since at the very least you have to remove large plate pieces from the original non-removable panels and use multiple smaller plates in order to create a break so a small panel piece can come off.

2 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

I don't believe it's possible, since at the very least you have to remove large plate pieces from the original non-removable panels and use multiple smaller plates in order to create a break so a small panel piece can come off.

Ok, thanks.

So, been lurking here a couple of weeks after ordering one of these beasts for just under half RRP. I wouldn’t have purchased it otherwise as I’m not sure where I’m going to put it once built. 
 Just finished bags 7 and am now looking if I can add a few simple but effective mods. There are some great ones here. I’d really love to replicate them but my build skills and parts bin prevent me from doing so. 
I’ve got some angel hair LEDs which I want to try to thread through the blue tubes of the engines. 
also looking at that large empty space in the right rear quarter and looking at a bunk room. the ideas here are great. 
Also wondering if anyone has got or knows where to get scans of the tunnel stickers. I stupidly stuck mine on without thinking. 

5 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Also wondering if anyone has got or knows where to get scans of the tunnel stickers. I stupidly stuck mine on without thinking. 

Lego sometimes send out replacement stickers. Try contacting customer services?

6 hours ago, jus1973 said:

So, been lurking here a couple of weeks after ordering one of these beasts for just under half RRP. I wouldn’t have purchased it otherwise as I’m not sure where I’m going to put it once built. 
 Just finished bags 7 and am now looking if I can add a few simple but effective mods. There are some great ones here. I’d really love to replicate them but my build skills and parts bin prevent me from doing so. 
I’ve got some angel hair LEDs which I want to try to thread through the blue tubes of the engines. 
also looking at that large empty space in the right rear quarter and looking at a bunk room. the ideas here are great. 

You should contact customer support and ask for replacements, I did the same because I messed up too. It's their fault for not printing it and using stickers

11 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Ebay, Amazon, simply just search it. I guarantee you its somewhere. I have seen them somewhere like a year ago. 

Unfortunately living in Switzerland Amazon and eBay Shipments usually incur extra tax at customs making a small purchase much more expensive. Its so annoying. 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:59 PM, Delta Walker said:

Following up on this.  And since I'm only allowed to send 0 messages per day I'll ask again here.  

I'm sorry, I'm just quite busy recently, since my secund kid was born. Thus, dealing with LEGO is secondary now. I'm working on to make the engine design available.

I contacted LEGO about the stickers, asking nicely if they could send me an extra set so I could use them to MOD my falcon - AND THEY DID! (For free as well). 

So it's definitely worth asking, it might be different countries have different policies etc. This was a year ago though so hopefully they'd still be willing to :)

On 11/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, Kirton Bricks said:

I contacted LEGO about the stickers, asking nicely if they could send me an extra set so I could use them to MOD my falcon - AND THEY DID! (For free as well). 

So it's definitely worth asking, it might be different countries have different policies etc. This was a year ago though so hopefully they'd still be willing to :)

Yes, they do.

I’ve got spare stickers for MILFone, Y-Wing and lots of other sets, because I’m really a noob to apply them and they (almost) always turn out crooked. :)

Edited by Lock
Never write in english with an Italian keyboard (and auto corrector)! ;)

On 11/11/2019 at 11:08 AM, Kirton Bricks said:

Thanks for the idea.  I’m going to have to contact them now anyway as I’m a part short.  My first in a long time.  Oddly it’s not one of the small bits, and super common so I could substitute it from spare stock.  (1x4 light grey brick) 

13 hours ago, Lock said:

Yes, they do.

I’ve got spare stickers for MILFone, Y-Wing and lots of other sets, because I’m really a noob to apply them and they (almost) always turn out crooked. :)

Oh, now I need a MILFone! ???? (stupid auto-carrot!) Wait, what have you been typing that it autocorrected to MILFone?!?!?????

8 hours ago, icefloe01 said:

Oh, now I need a MILFone! ???? (stupid auto-carrot!) Wait, what have you been typing that it autocorrected to MILFone?!?!?????

Nothing, I call it this way ?

In Italian -one is a suffix for “big”, so it sounds fun. ?

Edited by Lock

6 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Today I finished making the walk-in ramp into the ship, move with a circular Bionicle life thing. Hope you enjoy. 

Looks great! Are you going to cover the wheel thing up?

On 11/14/2019 at 3:18 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

Yeah! I am doing that at the moment. 

I’d love to see how the mechanism works for this.  Any photos of that around?

thanks

@jus1973

Here you go

Here is the mechanism for the dropping ramp into the Millennium Falcon.

Here is the mechanism for the dropping ramp into the Millennium Falcon.

Its not done yet obviously but it works like a charm. 

Edited by Jerry McGlade
Too much detail to look at key features of the MOD, smaller more important areas are now highlighted.