ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

14 hours ago, Lock said:

Finally all (well, not all, I forgot to order some, as usual) pieces arrived and I made some modifications to my internal rooms.

I really like your modified internal rooms! It seems to be more challenging as the outside.

The location of the corridor is quite accurate to the real Falcon.

Someday I will also touch the internal space, but that's going to be a big project I guess. For now, I give the Falcon and myself a little rest. :-)

17 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Is that the technique from the blocks magazine for the smugglers compartments? I implemented the same one but never finished the room off...

Yes, the base of the room, and the cannon are from Blocks Magazine.

6 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

Someday I will also touch the internal space, but that's going to be a big project I guess. For now, I give the Falcon and myself a little rest. :-)

Indeed. Just for these two rooms I used about 700 pieces.

I take my time as well. I'm modifying it since 2017. Taking long pauses from time to time. :)

Edited by Lock

I've applied a lot of new mods, some inspired by you (and correctly cited in my blog):

Millennium_MOC_cockpit_01.jpg

New cockpit.

Millennium_MOC_missili_03.jpg

New between-mandibles-cover and missiles (thanks @Kirton Bricks for the idea).

Millennium_MOC_interni_02.jpg

New rooms.

Millennium_MOC_interni_S2_img_01.jpg

Room 2

Millennium_MOC_interni_S2_img_02.jpg

Room 2 - engine details (and kiss)

Millennium_MOC_interni_S3_img_01.jpg

Room 3

Millennium_MOC_interni_S4_img_02.jpg

Room 4.

Millennium_MOC_porte_02.jpg

New doors.

Millennium_MOC_rampa_01.jpg

New ramp mechanism (thanks @TravisH44)

Tons of additional images, explainations and LDD file on my blog: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

(Remember to activate the page translation on the left bottom corner of the page).

Edited by Lock

4 hours ago, Lock said:

I've applied a lot of new mods, some inspired by you (and correctly cited in my blog):

New cockpit.

New between-mandibles-cover and missiles (thanks @Kirton Bricks for the idea).

New rooms.

Room 2

Room 4.

New doors.

New ramp mechanism (thanks @TravisH44)

Tons of additional images, explainations and LDD file on my blog: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

(Remember to activate the page translation on the left bottom corner of the page).

Thanks for the ldd! Your blog was very helpful! :sweet:

I've made a (horrible) 5 minutes video about my last mods. :)

(Sorry, in the video I forgot to thank @ClassicLook for the Cockpit idea; I've done it on the blog).

Edited by Lock

Hey all, just thought I'd share my new engine mod, it's pretty similar to some of the others posted already, especially the one designed by @ClassicLook. I wanted to minimize the use of grey plates, so I basically used trans-clear bricks and trans-light blue slopes with tiles where the grey bars are. I still need to order an LED for it, but it should light up just fine.

47941630082_15745a7658_n.jpgIMG-1374 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

47941630172_a115ab8642_n.jpgIMG-1376 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Also, not pictured but I installed the gear system for turning the drop-down gun, thanks for that @Kirton Bricks. Question for you, what did you do about the triangular section pictured below that fits on top of everything? The yellow axle won't fit into the technic beam any longer with all the other technic parts running through. Hope that makes sense!

47941658112_06c234f480_n.jpgIMG-1377 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

On 5/27/2019 at 10:34 AM, TravisH44 said:

Hey all, just thought I'd share my new engine mod, it's pretty similar to some of the others posted already, especially the one designed by @ClassicLook. I wanted to minimize the use of grey plates, so I basically used trans-clear bricks and trans-light blue slopes with tiles where the grey bars are. I still need to order an LED for it, but it should light up just fine.

It was a long pause, I knew that someone was still working on the MF! :laugh: Nice MOD!

I'm looking forward to see with LEDs!

I'm still working on mine! I'm building it from my own parts and heavily modifying as I go. I hope to get some pics soon...

Here's my version of the docking ring, heavily influenced by all the great work posted here.

docking_ring.jpg

Edited by Chewbricca

On 6/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, Chewbricca said:

Here's my version of the docking ring, heavily influenced by all the great work posted here.

I like how detailed it is! How are the tiles connected around the ring?

Hey Chewbricca! Welcome to Eurobricks! Your docking ring looks very nice!

I would also like to see how the tiles are connected!

Thanks!

As for the tiles, well - I may lose some purists here: I used Flexo elements for this.

I tried the wheel and wrench solution posted here, but I was never happy with the results, so I turned to Flexo.

Here is what's going on under the hood:

20190611_205624

20190611_205725

This assembly is held down by a stack of a round 2 x 2 brick, a square 2 x 2 plate, and then the four quarter rounds that all the docking ring hardware is attached to.

If anyone is interested, I can post more photos of that.

Hi guys, this is my firsty post to the forum, having been inspired by the great work done. hope some of you dont mind me converting some of your ideas into my project. Anyway I was really impressed with exterior of the USC Falcon, but hated the interior. so this is my take on doing right(ish). closer to the actual plans

I started off just wantiong to put four seats in the cockpit and two in the quad laser turret, but got carried away.  I've completly redone the interior and the floor structure top make it strong enough. Its on a stand but very stable. 

I've now managed to have full corridors throughout the ship with access to all areas. the main area has been enlarged and moved acordingly. there is a ramp to teh cockpit, which now has four seats. 

I've redesigned the engineering section and the sleeping quarters, which now includes three beds. not as angualr as needed but aceptable. the kiss room is in the right place.

I've also altered most of the exterior panels to make them removeable as is the top of the beds.

I know the corridors should be rounder, but lacked skills and peices to fully replicate this, but still think i did a better job than the stickers provided with the original model.

I might alter the actual engines, as many of you have, but not sure on  the best approach and lack parts to experiment.

Would appreciate feedback, advice and constructive crisism

IMG_4098.jpg.4a4abe0e7f1aca17901d96d9ec3c1b72.jpgIMG_4099.jpg.195c7468c4d98f414a16dd13ee17ea52.jpgIMG_4100.jpg.cf3419c57ab8cbac58bdabdc172e385b.jpgIMG_4101.jpg.b0c5348715bdad42008c43b39cab82a0.jpgIMG_4102.jpg.7f504e40440f1e1301dc5440e7b7acb2.jpgIMG_4104.jpg.29ba27428c7cd05c691a49acd70176fe.jpgIMG_4105.jpg.0775df46782fa41f1ae6054ceedefe7b.jpgIMG_4106.jpg.9be224656a65c60536d988e365208373.jpgIMG_4107.jpg.e7a85d4c865c880198f0a7a24aa079b7.jpgIMG_4108.jpg.cd63f4bbe58ba5b016b0538e36035874.jpgIMG_4093.jpg.2424c499f733434afe3b327ba99fabb3.jpgIMG_4094.jpg.23fdb1c94e742ea037537fb1a1898443.jpgIMG_4096.jpg.5671c00f10e70b9072eecb685703ace8.jpg

3 hours ago, ToHate59 said:

Would appreciate feedback, advice and constructive crisism

Hi @ToHate59 and welcome to the forum.

i don’t know if it’s a problem of my iPad, but your pics are so small I cannot see anything. Could you please use a service like postimg to attach higher resolutions? Thanks. :)

@Chewbricca I’m one of those purists so, while I appreciate the general look of the ring, I can’t support the use of Flexo. I didn’t know them, but they’re quite curious. :)

Hi. Yeah had issue uploading images. Not sur why it wont let me upload bigger images (or in fact any now) anyway I've got them on my facebook maker page @FoiledAgain 

Edited by ToHate59
unable to upload images

2 hours ago, ToHate59 said:

Hi. Yeah had issue uploading images. Not sur why it wont let me upload bigger images (or in fact any now) anyway I've got them on my facebook maker page @FoiledAgain 

Also, please post images of whole Falcon too, because it's hard to understand what part of the ship are in those pics.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:31 PM, Lock said:

@Chewbricca I’m one of those purists so, while I appreciate the general look of the ring, I can’t support the use of Flexo. I didn’t know them, but they’re quite curious. :)

Is this the general consensus here? I totally get it if so; I'm just wondering if I should stop posting updates if they're not interesting to anyone here.

8 hours ago, Chewbricca said:

Is this the general consensus here? I totally get it if so; I'm just wondering if I should stop posting updates if they're not interesting to anyone here.

I do not support "illegal" technics either, but overall your design looks really good.

Edited by ClassicLook

9 hours ago, Chewbricca said:

Please, keep posting your mods. While some of us don’t like what are called “illegal technics” (that’s simply a way to call procedures not endorsed by Lego), it’s nice to see what people can do with our Falcon. Everyone is free to do what they like, and may give others cool ideas. :)

Thanks, @ClassicLook and @Lock. The docking ring details themselves are 100% "legal." :wink:

I have used Flexo in other areas of my build, but not overwhelmingly so. I'm not in any way affiliated with Flexo, I just like the possibilities it opens up. Some of the things I've done could be handled using only traditional techniques, but it was easier for me to "see" (and build) them using Flexo. When I first saw their Kickstarter, I imagined using it just as I have so far.

I do totally understand that it's not an approach that everyone will want to take, but I'm happy to keep sharing what I've done. 

I want to build a bit more before I post anything else, but I haven't disappeared: I've learned a lot from you all.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, first time posting here.  I've been building the falcon the last week or so and starting looking on how to change the engines.  There are a lot of great ideas on here but I like @Lock's the best.  I just had one question before I ordered the parts.  Your LDD shows a 3 stud and video show a 4 stud middle, but I thought I read somewhere in here you went to a 5 stud middle?  Could you clarify that for me?  Thanks!

On 6/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, corbinfett said:

Hey everyone, first time posting here.  I've been building the falcon the last week or so and starting looking on how to change the engines.  There are a lot of great ideas on here but I like @Lock's the best.  I just had one question before I ordered the parts.  Your LDD shows a 3 stud and video show a 4 stud middle, but I thought I read somewhere in here you went to a 5 stud middle?  Could you clarify that for me?  Thanks!

Hi @corbinfett. You’re right, my last version uses a 5 studs long connection. Video shows a previous version with a 4 studs connection, and the LDD file an even older one (3 studs). That’s the only difference between versions, as all the other pieces are identical. I think a 5 studs one makes the arcs a bit rounder, because the whole engine strip gets longer. Difference is very subtle, it just goes by personal taste.

As I wrote in the article, LDD is not always 100% identical to my real model for various reasons (main one is that I make little changes every now and then and I’m too lazy to update the LDD file). My suggestion is to buy some extra piece and see what version you like more. It’s just a matter of adding one or two studs to the connector block. :)

Edited by Lock
Typos. :)

3 hours ago, Lock said:

Hi @corbinfett. You’re right, my last version uses a 5 studs long connection. Video shows a previous version with a 4 studs connection, and the LDD file an even older one (3 studs). That’s the only difference between versions, as all the other pieces are identical. I think a 5 studs one makes the arcs a bit rounder, because the whole engine strip gets longer. Difference is very subtle, it’s just goes by personal taste.

I used @Lock method and went for 5 studs in the middle as he suggests.

It made connecting it all up a lot better and easier. My photos are a few pages back (with lights included)

Thanks guys!  I'll get to ordering what I need.  I'm trying to draw out my fun so I'm just now on bag 13/17