ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

2 hours ago, Kirton Bricks said:

Hello! This is my first time posting anything on this forum but i've been following it for a while.

I thought i'd share my MOD for the lower canon as i've not seen anything done like it before. I've made a basic mechanism to raise/lower it and then another to rotate the gun around. Took a while to work out but pleased with the result!

I've made a video to show it in action -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfItmfnpzU8&feature=youtu.be

Would love to hear what you all think of it/if you had ideas to improve. Thanks!

This is SO IMPRESSIVE!! Thank you for the YouTube video, I love seeing how these things work, very inspiring.

wow, amazing! Heres a question to the whole thread, have any of you tried to attach three connectors that attach to the main part of the ship. The thing that Kirton Bricks spun to the gun move, the thing that axle went into.

Edited by Jerry McGlade

On 3/20/2019 at 5:35 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

wow, amazing! Heres a question to the whole thread, have any of you tried to attach three connectors that attach to the main part of the ship. The thing that Kirton Bricks spun to the gun move, the thing that axle went into.

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! I'm not quite sure which part you're referring to hear i'm afraid.

Here's another of my mods. My new piece for that section between the mandibles which many others have done then i've also added some hidden rockets - loosely based on the Falcon Haynes Manual and the cross-section books. Will probably change it some more at some point.

I've done another video and there's more pictures of it on Flickr.

40527649703_85236e2cc3_c.jpgFalcon Top by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

40527625213_e6db9b08e7_c.jpgMandible replacement by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

35 minutes ago, Kirton Bricks said:

Here's another of my mods. My new piece for that section between the mandibles which many others have done then i've also added some hidden rockets - loosely based on the Falcon Haynes Manual and the cross-section books. Will probably change it some more at some point.

Very nice idea!

I've just ordered the pieces to create the 4th room (and edit one of the old ones), but this is a very interesting mod.

P.S. I love the Haynes manual.

Hey folks! Since I couldn't find a good resource to borrow plans from, I designed a working technic mechanism for the boarding ramp. It was pretty challenging fitting everything in there, but it works very smoothly and I'm happy with it! If anyone would like an LDD file, I could whip one up. As always critiques/improvements are welcome.

46611750045_245d21ed05_n.jpgTop Rotating Knob by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

47527178971_33d41a6fc5_n.jpgFront View by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

46611750135_a33b319622_n.jpgWithout End Cap by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

46611750395_9256f8a6a2_n.jpgModified End Cap by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

46611749915_44030107c6_n.jpgMechanism Pic 1 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

46611750595_dfdb70000f_n.jpgMechanism Pic 2 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Edited by TravisH44

1 hour ago, TravisH44 said:

Hey folks! Since I couldn't find a good resource to borrow plans from, I designed a working technic mechanism for the boarding ramp. It was pretty challenging fitting everything in there, but it works very smoothly and I'm happy with it! If anyone would like an LDD file, I could whip one up. As always critiques/improvements are welcome.

Top Rotating Knob by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Front View by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Without End Cap by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Modified End Cap by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Mechanism Pic 1 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Mechanism Pic 2 by Travis Halachis, on Flickr

Looks neat! I would love to have the ldd.

It reminds me of Jhaelego's Falcon moc.

That knob on the top needs some covering though

@TravisH44 I’d like to have the LDD file as well. An opening mechanism for the ramp is something that constantly bounces on my mind. And I still didn’t find a satisfying solution. :)

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:37 AM, Reaper said:

Looks neat! I would love to have the ldd.

It reminds me of Jhaelego's Falcon moc.

That knob on the top needs some covering though

I can't tell you how much I stared at the end of Jhae's youtube video tour of his falcon trying to see how he made his ramp. He's using what looks like the gear with teeth that curve in one direction connected to a chain, which is interesting. And yeah, the use of a knob was really just personal preference, I don't mind that it sticks out and it's hard to turn if it's buried in the greebling/plates on top. It's also just a little nostalgic, Lego often uses knobs like that to turn things in their Technic sets, so I thought eh why not. You could totally swap out the knob for a gear like Jhae does, it blends in with everything better and is still easy to turn.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:54 AM, Lock said:

@TravisH44 I’d like to have the LDD file as well. An opening mechanism for the ramp is something that constantly bounces on my mind. And I still didn’t find a satisfying solution. :)

If you guys end up building this I'd love to know what changes you make, there's a lot of room to adjust how I designed it, especially with how to arrange the top area. The way this design turned out, the axle is actually offset by half a stud coming through the top (you'll see in the LDD file), which actually opens up a lot of possibilities with how you want to accommodate whatever you use to turn the axle. I'm still pondering about the knob I'm using, ideally I'd like that tan round plate to be directly underneath the knob...

The LDD file is a super basic model of what I did, I left off basically everything I didn't change. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvpxpf3vt23qzlz/Ramp Mod.lxf?dl=0

Edited by TravisH44
Fixed busted dropbox link

Really liking that Technic lowering mechanism Travis! I was hoping someone would share something like that as I couldn't figure out how to do it...

Here's where I've got to with my ramp. Looks good I think when lowered but not so much when it's raised so i'll keep tweaking. I've removed the original Technic mechanism from the set it so will be interesting to see if I can adapt what Travis has done to make it work.

47483654792_1fa23a8fbb_c.jpgSide 1 by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

47536371521_ff8d1f5a83_c.jpgFront by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

33659620838_9ee58f8376_c.jpgSide 2 by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

47483649742_538486db7b_c.jpgBoarding Ramp 1 by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

32593929207_abb07af14e_c.jpgRamp deconstructed by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

13 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

I can't tell you how much I stared at the end of Jhae's youtube video tour of his falcon trying to see how he made his ramp. He's using what looks like the gear with teeth that curve in one direction connected to a chain, which is interesting. And yeah, the use of a knob was really just personal preference, I don't mind that it sticks out and it's hard to turn if it's buried in the greebling/plates on top. It's also just a little nostalgic, Lego often uses knobs like that to turn things in their Technic sets, so I thought eh why not. You could totally swap out the knob for a gear like Jhae does, it blends in with everything better and is still easy to turn.

If you guys end up building this I'd love to know what changes you make, there's a lot of room to adjust how I designed it, especially with how to arrange the top area. The way this design turned out, the axle is actually offset by half a stud coming through the top (you'll see in the LDD file), which actually opens up a lot of possibilities with how you want to accommodate whatever you use to turn the axle. I'm still pondering about the knob I'm using, ideally I'd like that tan round plate to be directly underneath the knob...

The LDD file is a super basic model of what I did, I left off basically everything I didn't change. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Public/Ramp Mod.lxf?role=personal

I dont seem to be able to access the file. It says it doesn't exist.

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

I dont seem to be able to access the file. It says it doesn't exist.

My bad, link should be fixed now!!

8 hours ago, Kirton Bricks said:

Really liking that Technic lowering mechanism Travis! I was hoping someone would share something like that as I couldn't figure out how to do it...

Here's where I've got to with my ramp. Looks good I think when lowered but not so much when it's raised so i'll keep tweaking. I've removed the original Technic mechanism from the set it so will be interesting to see if I can adapt what Travis has done to make it work.

47483654792_1fa23a8fbb_c.jpgSide 1 by Kirton Bricks, on Flickr

This is a nice looking ramp, I have to say. I went back to movie clips and only now noticed that there are 2 pairs of lowering arms for the ramp rather than just the 1 pair Lego designed, now I have to decide if I want to go to the trouble of figuring that out haha.

Well done, thank you very much for the LDD file.

Getting the ramp motorized, controlled by SBrick is what i want to do next.

A user from germany got it work, but i can't find any instructions for this.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, TravisH44 said:

Many thanks for the LDD file. Very interesting, I didn't know that Lego piece at all.

It makes the opening very nice. :)

My initial idea was to position it in the middle of the "hangar door" (of course with all the greeblings, but I'm not sure if it's possible):

Schermata-2019-04-05-alle-15-05-14.png

I'll start experimenting as soon as I'll finish the internal rooms, and that will take me some weeks/months. :)

5 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

What about using the complete airlock ring as knob?

That was my first idea. But I think it's very complicated, especially aligning it perfectly with the ramp totally up and totally down.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for disrupting the conversation about the controlled ramp. I've just finished the engine on my MF and I like to share with you the result.

47514386952_f82b706f95_b.jpgDSC_0388 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

33690637818_e3f3892427_b.jpgDSC_0361 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

It's a bit angular and has more bluish shade in comparison to the official version, but generally it's much more accurate and elegant.

The digital model was converted into real elements and it fitted almost perfectly to the original model with some minor changes.

I used only one piece of 4x4 plate at the central connection. One more 1x2 tile was placed on each side on top to fill the gaps.

These had to be removed:

46843711804_0ba2abcb85_b.jpgupper panels by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

The 2x2 DBG plates were replaced one stud forward.

40601590003_f15ec301e3_b.jpgbottom panel by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Unfortunately, there's still no perfect match, because there's a little tension between the central connector part and the bottom panel's dark red 2x4 plates.

Therefore, there's a small gap at the bottom panel, but it's not disturbing,

32624927037_21a7fcd896_b.jpgDSC_0380 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

I have a solution for that in my mind (the central connector part had to be 2 stud wide and the bottom panel's darks red 2x4 plates had to be replaced with 1x4 plates), but for now I'm satisfied with the result, I just leave it for a while.

Here is the side connection. I'm still wondering, what to do with this area... Just leave it so or cover with some pattern? Any suggestion?

46651931895_691333ab65_b.jpgDSC_0383 másolat2 by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Edited by ClassicLook

42 minutes ago, ClassicLook said:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for disrupting the conversation about the controlled ramp. I've just finished the engine on my MF and I like to share with you the result.

47514386952_f82b706f95_b.jpg

It looks so good lit up! May I ask what LED strip you used for this?

@ClassicLook I agree, very nice solution. Soon or later I’ll touch again my engine, because those bars are really sexy. :)

10 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

May I ask what LED strip you used for this?

I don't know the manufacturer name, just bought from a hungarian private seller. I preferred USB connection, but it's not necessary, since I don't use a portable power supply. You don't need RGB light either, I'm using the white light. The "strobe" effect is useful, it changes white light from dark to bright slowly. It looks like this:

40604590883_8b7f684deb_z.jpgDC-5V-USB-RGB-LED-strip-SMD-3528-Flexible-Light-Lamps-LED-Light-TV-Background-Lighting.jpg_640x640 by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Edited by ClassicLook

Just a little update (with mobile phone pictures):

Modyfied bottom panel:

33704261388_6065dd524e_c.jpgIMG_20190409_204408 by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Modyfied central connector part:

46665672855_7665c98294_c.jpgIMG_20190409_204455 by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Side connection area:

46857317054_3356a4c3e4_c.jpgIMG_20190409_205351 by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

There's still a small gap under the engine, but it's mainly due to gravitation, I'm OK with it now! :classic:

Edited by ClassicLook

Finally all (well, not all, I forgot to order some, as usual) pieces arrived and I made some modifications to my internal rooms.

I'd like to share you some:

Cockpit-01.jpg

Not much to say here. I've implemented @ClassicLook's seats. Cockpit can be closed with all four minifigs correctly sit.

Cockpit-02.jpg

While adding ClassicLook's "back seats tiles" I discovered that it was possible to open the hall to the ship. So I've added some deep.

Room-2-01.jpg

This room previously had the kitchen, a table with seats and a two-rows bed. As I've said in a previous post. I didn't like it very much, so I totally changed it.

Here's an early stage.

Room-2-02a.jpg

The room finished. Please ignore that horrible 2x6 red plate (and DBG tile) on the top of the bed. That's one of the bricks missing. :)

Room-2-03.jpg

Beds' roof can be removed for a better view of the sleeping area.

Room-2-04.jpg

Top view of the room, with all pipes, tubes and hyperspace engine greeblings.

Room-4-01.jpg

And, finally, the 4th room!

Room-4-02.jpg

I initially wanted a place where to store the unused antenna, and this was perfect.

Room-4-03.jpg

Then I thought "Why wasting it for storage, when I can build a whole new room? So here it is.

Room-4-04.jpg

I wanted to keep the cool "broken hull hole", so it's now a piece that can be removed (it sits within guides) to show the whole room.

Room-4-05.jpg

I didn't realize part of the hall was misaligned when I shot the pic. But soon you'll discover why it's that way. :)

Of course it's perfectly aligned when the photographer is not dumb.

Room-4-06.jpg

Back of the room.

Room-4-07.jpg

A smugler's spaceship should have some secret slots to smugle himself. I know, I've made lots of secret compartments in all the ship but they're never enough.

Room-4-08.jpg

But a good scoundrel should be able to hide several people, so this part of the room can be removed as well.

So far 4 minifigs can be hidden in various rooms on my falcon. I guess it's enough. :)

2 hours ago, Lock said:

A smugler's spaceship should have some secret slots to smugle himself. I know, I've made lots of secret compartments in all the ship but they're never enough.

Is that the technique from the blocks magazine for the smugglers compartments? I implemented the same one but never finished the room off...