ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

9 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

Wow, that's the coolest coffee table I've ever seen. I wish someday I could build something like this for me.

However, why did you use first order stormtroopers? If it's the death star, classic troopers would be accurate.

My other question is: how can you open it? Which glass is removable?

I like Star Wars and love the MF, but I'm not fan enough to see the difference between the different types of stormtroopers. ;) When I ordered them I looked for two things: 1. they had to be affordable and 2. they had to be available in a bigger amount (+15) ;)

You can remove all glass segments, but usually I only remove the one on top to recharge the two power banks (one in the MF, one in the hangar) that are placed within the display. Someday I’ll have to find a smart way to place them below the model so I can activate and recharge them more easily.  

9 hours ago, Lock said:

It’s curious that’s exactly as I’ve imagined my MF table: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/10482#tavolino

Then, after two carpenters asked 1000 euro to build it, I’ve searched for an already done solution. :)

It’s really curious that your original sketch looks similar to my table. In general I wanted to make as little compromises as possible. My main focus lied on visibility and quality. So the biggest compromise was the price I had to pay for it … But c’mon it’s a once in a lifetime project. ;)

20 hours ago, Brick-Surfer said:

But c’mon it’s a once in a lifetime project. ;)

Yeah, that’s the right spirit! :)

My fear was I wasn’t sure of what the result would have been. Now I know I should have chosen your carpenter (or did you build it by youself?). :D

What if you dig a small hole on the bottom, so you can place the powerbanks below? That way you don’t need to remove the glass every time you need to charge them.

Edited by Lock

I know this has probably been discussed to death, but can someone recommend a stand for the Falcon?

I got the Falcon for Christmas, and don't have much room to display it. Is there a stand that would allow me to build the Falcon on it? 

Thanks.

Google Efferman. Buy the bricks yourself rather than pay for it built. I adapted that design for my other “normal” Falcons

5 hours ago, Rothie15 said:

Google Efferman. Buy the bricks yourself rather than pay for it built. I adapted that design for my other “normal” Falcons

There's something in this thread too.

Start from here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/154471-75192-ucs-millennium-falcon-2017-modmoc/&do=findComment&comment=2861184

Edited by Lock

Ok I've been backtracking through this thread and been googling various stands. Is there someone here who has had their Falcon on @efferman's stand for a long period of time? If so, have the pieces in the stand warped?

Edited by JACKATTACKS

25 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Ok I've been backtracking through this thread and been googling various stands. Is there someone here who has had their Falcon on @efferman's stand for a long period of time? If so, have the pieces in the stand warped?

I have had it for 11months now and it hasn't moved. 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:42 AM, efferman said:

Same here. Standing safe like on the first Day

On 12/30/2018 at 11:43 PM, Space_jaco said:

I have had it for 11months now and it hasn't moved. 

Thanks guys.

Has anybody here used gears to make the dropping gun rotate? I saw someone take pictures of it in a review on S@H but can only open up this picture and am still unsure.

4317dd3d-aa71-54f2-956b-059a3085812b.jpg

Oh boy, I may or may not be in the right place to be asking a question like this, but not too long ago (within the last 6 months, for sure) I stumbled across a person selling bricks that had printing on them instead of the stickers that come with the UCS kits. If memory serves, their inventory included bricks for the Millennium Falcon, Slave I and Snowspeeder kits as well as others, but these were the ones that caught my eye. Now, I've spent the last few days dragging this thread and across blogs throughout Eurobricks ('cause I'll swear until I die that I found the link here to begin with) and I can't find the store anywhere. I've googled all manner of combinations of words, possible translations, and now I'm beginning to wonder if this was just a particularly vivid dream I had while surfing for clever ways to display this beast of a kit. (By the way, I settled on Efferman's vertical stand - thanks for the heckin' good reviews!). Is there anyone reading with any idea of what I'm describing here?

Just now, HarpoonMilitia said:

Oh boy, I may or may not be in the right place to be asking a question like this, but not too long ago (within the last 6 months, for sure) I stumbled across a person selling bricks that had printing on them instead of the stickers that come with the UCS kits. If memory serves, their inventory included bricks for the Millennium Falcon, Slave I and Snowspeeder kits as well as others, but these were the ones that caught my eye. Now, I've spent the last few days dragging this thread and across blogs throughout Eurobricks ('cause I'll swear until I die that I found the link here to begin with) and I can't find the store anywhere. I've googled all manner of combinations of words, possible translations, and now I'm beginning to wonder if this was just a particularly vivid dream I had while surfing for clever ways to display this beast of a kit. (By the way, I settled on Efferman's vertical stand - thanks for the heckin' good reviews!). Is there anyone reading with any idea of what I'm describing here?

I have purchased mine from 

https://www.steindrucker.com/millennium-falcon-package-75192

I have been very pleased with all of his collections for the sets. Hope this helps.

If its not in your native language, just use chrome and translate it. 

Edited by kilthro

Just finished bag 5. Thought I might start working on the other room. 

Ignore this  just linking it to eurobricks

Does anybody see a problem if I were to put beds in this gap? (The badly drawn blue line)

6 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

It looks like they don't ship internationally? I tried to enter my shipping address and Germany is the only available option.

They did before as I am in the states and had no issues. I just checked the site and I see that as well. Send them an email asking if they have changed to Germany only or if provided, they would ship internationally.

17 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Just finished bag 5. Thought I might start working on the other room. 

Ignore this  just linking it to eurobricks

Does anybody see a problem if I were to put beds in this gap? (The badly drawn blue line)

nope, none at all.

On 1/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, Lock said:

I've just made a quick video that summarizes all the mods I've done to my Millennium Falcon:

https://youtu.be/D3SG9cOL5JM

:)

Thanks for all the work you've done and shown us, your mods have helped me out so much. Especially with the cockpit! Definitely the most challenging area to improve.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:24 PM, JACKATTACKS said:

Thanks guys.

Has anybody here used gears to make the dropping gun rotate? I saw someone take pictures of it in a review on S@H but can only open up this picture and am still unsure.

4317dd3d-aa71-54f2-956b-059a3085812b.jpg

I actually managed to find that review haha, it actually doesn't look that tricky! The only thing really hidden are the 2 gears underneath the turning knob and outer plate. Maybe try and find some examples from other Technic sets to see how Lego would design it? It's just a matter of finding out what's supporting the yellow axle.

58 minutes ago, TravisH44 said:

Thanks for all the work you've done and shown us, your mods have helped me out so much. Especially with the cockpit! Definitely the most challenging area to improve.

You're welcome. :)

Yup, it's really tricky, I've lost the count of all the times I've redone it (and I've still one or two ideas to improve it even more, but I keep to postpone them). :)

58 minutes ago, TravisH44 said:

I actually managed to find that review haha, it actually doesn't look that tricky! The only thing really hidden are the 2 gears underneath the turning knob and outer plate. Maybe try and find some examples from other Technic sets to see how Lego would design it? It's just a matter of finding out what's supporting the yellow axle.

Do you have a link to that review? I'm curious to see more details (even if it seems pretty clear from the pic).

Edited by Lock

1 hour ago, Lock said:

Do you have a link to that review? I'm curious to see more details (even if it seems pretty clear from the pic).

I don't think the Lego shop lets you link to a specific review, but it's on Page 3 of the reviews (it might move down as more are written? not sure), it's fortunately not that tough to find.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Millennium-Falcon-75192

how close in size is this version to the 10179 falcon? I have the 10179 and I'm trying to modify it to make it look better, and I was hoping to incorporate some of the improvements in the latest version.

Hey Guys,

I've just finished my second modification on my MF. I modyfied the panels according to @Lock's design to make the vents turnable. However, I kept the original panel shape on the right, since I'm not planning to work on the 'empty room' (it's not necessary to access that area well). It was a bit challenging to keep the original panel design - some wedge pieces aren't so stable as on the original modell and the arrengement of the tiles aren't perfectly identical - but the end result is more than acceptable. I was trying to reduce the disturbing effect of the "stair formation" at some specified points by using studs instead of tiles. The build is uploaded to Bricklink's Studio Gallery: https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/gallery.page?idModel=75628

46825017171_861361f631_b.jpg

IMG_20190121_103726 másolat másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Left front panel:

Bal elülső panel.jpg

Right front panel:

46085858985_4d18eee17d_b.jpg

Jobb elülső panel by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Left rear panel:

40035035853_641173b888_b.jpg

Bal hátsó panel by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

Right rear panel:

46085859015_2fcec2c34f_b.jpg