ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

@Frenk512

I still cannot manage to recreate your docking rings could you please somehow provide

some information on how to build the actual ring?

I think i figured the mount on the ship out. But the docking ring itself is a big question mark :D

It looks awesome and I wish to add it to my falcon

Thanks

On 10/17/2018 at 6:20 PM, ClassicLook said:

Really impressive solutions there!

Can anyone measure the right back empty area of the original set for me, please?

You mean the "unfinished room"?

It has the same dimensions of the left one, it just misses the room. It's perfectly specular. :)

On 11/16/2018 at 7:45 PM, Lock said:

You mean the "unfinished room"?

It has the same dimensions of the left one, it just misses the room. It's perfectly specular. :)

Yes, that room. I didn't get any useful informations, but I've solved already my engine lighting. The LEDs run by an 5V adapter connected to the wall outlet. First, I wanted to integrate a power supply into the ship, but later I've found it unnecessary. Since the Falcon stands on a high cabinet, I could hide the cable.

I would like to grab the opportunity to thank @efferman his great work on the vertical stand! The Falcon stands really stable on it! It was applied after bag 10 and luckily I could manage it on my own! :classic:

44110270430_7730d81074_b.jpgIMG_20181107_110420 by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

I am very proud to finally completed this set! I didn't make any modifications yet, but I probably will do the vents, the cockpit and fix the big panel behind the antenna.

Edited by ClassicLook

Guys, this is some awesome stuff you've all done!! I took the plunge and ordered the UCS Falcon tonight so I'm looking through this thread with great interest. Modifying the cockpit to look better/hold Han and Chewie will be number one on the hit list, followed by some interior decorating and getting some kind of LED strip for the engine.

Also for those who display it in a coffee table, can you recommend any that you can buy at stores like Ikea or did you all get one custom made?

16 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

Yes, that room. I didn't get any useful informations, but I've solved already my engine lighting. The LEDs run by an 5V adapter connected to the wall outlet. First, I wanted to integrate a power supply into the ship, but later I've found it unnecessary. Since the Falcon stands on a high cabinet, I could hide the cable.

I was going to suggest to look at the instructions manual to see the dimensions but, yes, I agree your solution is more pratical. Much easier to turn it on and off. :)

16 hours ago, ClassicLook said:

I am very proud to finally completed this set! I didn't make any modifications yet, but I probably will do the vents, the cockpit and fix the big panel behind the antenna.

Congrats, it's a set that gives big satisfactions. :)

5 hours ago, Hell_Hawk_33 said:

Also for those who display it in a coffee table, can you recommend any that you can buy at stores like Ikea or did you all get one custom made?

I've searched for one for a long time, on Ikea and Internet without finding an accettable solution.

I've then draw a project and ask to two different carpenters for a price quotation and they both asked (lol) 1.000 euro.

At the end I was lucky enough to found an old one (it was built around 1940) on a second hand items website:

11310-MF-75192-cover.jpg

It wasn't cheap (I've paid it half of the Falcon's price) but it's perfect for it.

Since I've seen more than one around I guess there's a good variety of this kind of cofee tables. Just spend a bit of time looking for old stuff. :)

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:06 PM, jbengle said:

Here you can also see my cockpit mod, which can seat all 4 figures with the top closed. This was pretty simple and could probably be replicated just by the picture. You just need to remove the two 1x2 plates with rails. I also added some grey plates and tiles to the loading ramp.

DSC_0024

DSC_0043

Well pardon my asking, but I love your cockpit and would love to give a try in mine. I can't quite see what you've done with the floor, would it be too much trouble to list the pieces or pass along an LDD file?

IMG_0068IMG_0069IMG_0070IMG_0071IMG_0072IMG_0073IMG_0074

Hopefully, these photos help you with the cockpit. Admittedly, chewy cannot fit in the seat, he will just sit on the ground, but other than that, it works and looks great.

Here is a picture of my current Falcon (with all mods up to date), any suggestions of what to do next?

IMG_0666

On 11/19/2018 at 7:26 PM, jbengle said:

Hopefully, these photos help you with the cockpit. Admittedly, chewy cannot fit in the seat, he will just sit on the ground, but other than that, it works and looks great.

Thank you for the detailed pictures! :thumbup: I will probably make this!

On 11/19/2018 at 10:26 AM, jbengle said:

Here is a picture of my current Falcon (with all mods up to date), any suggestions of what to do next?

You're amazing, THANK YOU. As for what's next, have you done anything with the room containing that drop-down gun? You can make removable panels for that section and do something with it. I posted photos a couple pages back of what I did with that area.

After seeing @jbengle cockpit pics I went back working on mine. I never accepted the idea to have two different versions, one with seats and one without (because Chewie is too big to fit in).

So, after more than one hour of rebuild from scratch I was able to fulfill all three requirements:

- have four seats;

- have all four minifigs correctly fitting;

- top windscreen perfectly closing.

Yay! :D

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-progetto.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-02.jpg

I'm posting rendered pics because I miss a few pieces (but I've checked the real thing with mixed colors and it works); will order them soon. :)

More info (and LDD file) here: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#cockpit

(The website is in italian but, if you click the small page-shaped icon on the top bar, you'll get a rough google translation).

Update:
Direct link to LDD file - http://www.lemonskin.net/io/[MEDIA]/[files]/Lego/Progetti_LDD/75192-Millennium_Falcon/75192 - Cockpit.lxf

Edited by Lock
More info added.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:47 PM, Noob91 said:

@Frenk512

I still cannot manage to recreate your docking rings could you please somehow provide

some information on how to build the actual ring?

I think i figured the mount on the ship out. But the docking ring itself is a big question mark :D

It looks awesome and I wish to add it to my falcon

Thanks

@Noob91 Here you go :)

Technic, Steering Wheel Small, 3 Studs Diameter, Item No: 2819 is the key to this.

Again, this is based on James Shields' design.

45962749322_a08a551a40_b.jpg

Edited by Frenk512

On 11/23/2018 at 12:16 PM, Frenk512 said:

@Noob91 Here you go :)

Technic, Steering Wheel Small, 3 Studs Diameter, Item No: 2819 is the key to this.

Again, this is based on James Shields' design.

Really good job! Actually that's the most bothering thing for me on the new Falcon!... They made it too circular. This solution is much more accurate to the film version!

Ok, this is my definitive cockpit version. It works with and without "glass" cockpit and Chewie can sit without removing seats:

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-01.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-01R.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-01H.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-02R.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-02H.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-03R.jpg

Lego-75192-AMM-Cockpit-LDD.jpg

Edited by Lock

Hi,

I've just made my first modification on my Falcon based on the build of @Noob91 However, I've made some minor changes.

I've replaced the orange 1x1 plates to dark tan. I've used a "Technic, Axle Pin with Friction Ridges Lengthwise" to connect the ring to the base. Thus I can adjust the right angle easier (It's a bit fragile construction). To achieve this, I had to replace the "Brick, Round 2 x 2 with Axle Hole" to a 2x1 Technic brick.

Here it is:45712443694_b1949ce177_b.jpgIMG_20181223_173816 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

45522989925_4c5414d3e0_b.jpgIMG_20181223_173516 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

45712443974_66826d7bfa_b.jpgIMG_20181223_173504 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

45522990285_2b06254952_b.jpgIMG_20181223_084953 másolat by Gyula Herr, on Flickr

The only parts I don't have are the "Container, Bucket 1 x 1 x 1 Handle / Scooter Stand". They are quite hard to find in light bluish grey and I need 4 of them. Maybe I'm going to get them in tan or gold colour.

Edited by ClassicLook

Ah this topic is great! 

I've seen a lot light setups, but what is the best time to place the lights? Is it during build and if so, at what step? Or after building the set?

Also, fot the people in Europe (even better would be the Netherlands): What is the best lightning kit I should buy? Can I just buy random LEDs or are there better options? I've never put lights in a set so I would like to do it right :P 

8 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Ah this topic is great! 

I've seen a lot light setups, but what is the best time to place the lights? Is it during build and if so, at what step? Or after building the set?

Also, fot the people in Europe (even better would be the Netherlands): What is the best lightning kit I should buy? Can I just buy random LEDs or are there better options? I've never put lights in a set so I would like to do it right :P 

I think you can place the lights right after you've build the engine.

I bought an USB LED lights set, because I wanted to run it the by powerbank hidden in the "empty space" on the right back side of the MF, but then I throw the idea. In my oppinion, white light is also appropriate, if it's built behind transparent blue bricks/hoses. Mostly I choose white light instead of blue. I recommend you to use a radiofrekvency controller. My light has an integrated IR controller, which locates under the panels of the Falcon, so it can be funny to switch on the lights! :classic:

Edited by ClassicLook

18 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Ah this topic is great! 

Check out what I did with the lights... I bought these lights from amazon and this portable power bank, although anything similar would work. The led strip is then worked into the back of the falcon (I did make a makeshift "tray" for it to stay more secure). The cables and power bank are in the side next to the previously empty room. Now the lights can then be turned on from remote and they hidden in the falcon. 

Mf light system

Edited by jbengle

Just finished my hangar-MOC for the falcon placed in a coffee table. Mainly I got inspired by the MOC’s of Lysander and jmfbtb and created a version of my own. So far I haven’t seen a hangar built completley in black. But to me it comes closest to the original movie scene. I also wanted to light the hangar like in the movie. The coffee table is custom-made for the MOC. All 4 sides and the top are made of glass.

falcon012jdq1.jpg

falcon02w7erd.jpg

falcon07y8c92.jpg

falcon10p8izn.jpg

falcon12z3c7j.jpg

falcon137ddu4.jpg

falcon20fgelq.jpg

falcon21fkdpk.jpg

More pics here

12 hours ago, Brick-Surfer said:

Just finished my hangar-MOC for the falcon placed in a coffee table. Mainly I got inspired by the MOC’s of Lysander and jmfbtb and created a version of my own. So far I haven’t seen a hangar built completley in black. But to me it comes closest to the original movie scene. I also wanted to light the hangar like in the movie. The coffee table is custom-made for the MOC. All 4 sides and the top are made of glass.

Wow, that's the coolest coffee table I've ever seen. I wish someday I could build something like this for me.

However, why did you use first order stormtroopers? If it's the death star, classic troopers would be accurate.

My other question is: how can you open it? Which glass is removable?

Edited by ClassicLook