ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

37 minutes ago, Lfm55 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c6qnjwgnzvpimb/Untitled-5.ai?dl=0

here’s the link to the ai file i usedfor the stand.

if you use a digital router system be sure the router bit is set to is actual diameter (mine are said 3mm but are instead 2.85) otherwise you may have problem with the assembly.

Use the finest router bit you can for the inside angles, with a 3mm the jonction of the bottom is really tight and can’t be disassembled. You may want to make the holes of the bottom part a little longer (not wider, just longer) for an easier assembly.

If you use a laser cutter don’t worry about that it should fit perfect.

and remember with this stand the falcon is really low, however the correction to make it higher is not difficult if you know a little about illustrator.

I don’t have a lot of time at the moment but i’ll do those corrections later if your’re not in a hurry.

Noted! And it can wait but thank you very much for this one too!

On 5/14/2018 at 2:15 PM, Bobakman said:

I actually took measurements of my 75192 UCS which I have installed on Efferman's stand and then went to IKEA and measured the cabinet and unfortunatly the cabinet depth is OK but the width too a bit too short. If you could place the model vertical though in the other direction mandibles up it would work. If there is a stand that would support this orientation this cabinet would be fantastic display option. I have one in my home displaying my Domo-Kun collection.

Darn. Thanks for the reply. I'll keep searching! I'm much more interested in a display cabinet like this than I am the coffee table look.

Finally stage 2 of my 75192 TESB MOD is finished! :D

20180519_091132xx

20180519_091638x

20180519_092309xx

20180519_091556x

20180519_091522x

Mandibles, sides and docking rings. The docking rings are based on James Shields' design.

Now onto the rest of the monster... 

Edited by Frenk512
pictures

On 1/30/2018 at 1:05 PM, Lock said:

I cannot remember who asked about changing vents rotation angle.

At beginning the Lego solution didn't bother me but, since I almost finished all my mods, today I decided to give it a try and this is the result:

11310-MF-75192-Ventole-01s.jpg

The difficult part was modifying the baseplates so the vents didn't raise by one plate (only the top sides ones, the lower one don't have this problem) and I think the result is more than acceptable.

The best thing was I didn't have to apply any trick, every angle can be achieved with regular connections:

11310-MF-75192-Ventole-02.jpg

The rotating element isn't mandatory but it adds up to stability.

If you're interested in the LDD project you can find it here (among all my other mods): http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#ventole 

Looking at the images in your site, your back right panel from your Falcon is a mirror image of the back left. The one from mine is larger and completely different. The area circled in red makes things more difficult than swapping out a few pieces. Any words of wisdom for me?

Thank you, 

Eric.

53 minutes ago, icefloe01 said:

Looking at the images in your site, your back right panel from your Falcon is a mirror image of the back left. The one from mine is larger and completely different. The area circled in red makes things more difficult than swapping out a few pieces. Any words of wisdom for me?

Sure Eric! :)

This MF is really big and complicated, so are my mods. Changing the vents rotation don’t require having the same panels as mine (that’s a previous mod you can find the LDD file on the same page).

I understand it may be a bit confusing but when I splitted the right panels to have an hole for my extra room, I did my best not to change the external details. But it’s possible that small changes should be done.

I hope I was sufficiently clear. :)

21 hours ago, Lock said:

Sure Eric! :)

This MF is really big and complicated, so are my mods. Changing the vents rotation don’t require having the same panels as mine (that’s a previous mod you can find the LDD file on the same page).

I understand it may be a bit confusing but when I splitted the right panels to have an hole for my extra room, I did my best not to change the external details. But it’s possible that small changes should be done.

I hope I was sufficiently clear. :)

Ok, I didn't realize how picture posting needed to be done. Here's the Flickr link:

42172326102_01e47ccf77_o_d.jpg

Edited by icefloe01

On 01/03/2018 at 2:10 PM, MatrixOne said:

This is my final engine mod, and i also finally managed to figure out the rear parts with the correct number of engine flaps as also the new gearing flaps for the upper part of the falcon. After my holiday i will work on the under side to also add the flapps.

40555197811_ff77a8f467.jpg

26683932328_d124e97e95.jpg

39844543864_41d467d2c5.jpg

40555199871_dbefa3e445.jpg

@Seasider i used 110x part N°4070 and 110x N°54200 instead of the round blue transparent studs.

Hola guys, first post. :)

@MatrixOne Is there any chance you could help me out with the parts used/No. of parts for your engine mod? My Falcon is unopened atm due to lack of space and I'm currently ordering parts from Bricklink for specific mods and I have to say your engine mod is 100% what I'd love to use in my final build.

Alternatively @Lock do you think you could provide an updated LCX for the engine mod you settled with and I could make a stab at altering it with the parts MatrixOne went with (love the sloped translucent pieces in this configuration).

Btw really impressed with all the different builds, so many great ideas :D

Edited by ChemicalWorld

On 3/1/2018 at 9:10 AM, MatrixOne said:

This is my final engine mod, and i also finally managed to figure out the rear parts with the correct number of engine flaps as also the new gearing flaps for the upper part of the falcon. After my holiday i will work on the under side to also add the flapps.

40555197811_ff77a8f467.jpg

26683932328_d124e97e95.jpg

39844543864_41d467d2c5.jpg

40555199871_dbefa3e445.jpg

@Seasider i used 110x part N°4070 and 110x N°54200 instead of the round blue transparent studs.

Has somebody already figured out how to rotate the upper left and right exhausts?

The lower were easy because there is a bricklane space to be changed but the upper once are directly connected to the plate which lies on the support stud of the mid part.

I haven't had the ability to check the LDD files so I'll show what I came up with through trial and error for the top vents. I left one round 1x1 brick in place on the top vent and the other three on the base plate. This allows it to be rotated and be in line with the vent below it.42288580231_95e97ab395_o_d.jpg

Hello I am new to eurobricks and just finished my falcon. I am amazed by all of your creations and pictures provided. I will improve my falcon based on some of your ideas. @bricksmarlin could you please provide some additional information on your engine mod. It is just on point and really impressive. How does it attach to the ship especially in the middle section. And how do you keep it stable from underneath?

Thanks a lot. 

Edited by Noob91

29 minutes ago, Noob91 said:

In fact i can't figure out what @bricksmarlin did at these connection points. If somebody could help with this?

gallery_8754_6681_101192 copy.jpg

Hi there I can't take any real credit for this as I used Locks LCX file as a basis for this and MatrixOne's design but here is a LCX file that you can look at to see how to construct a similar engine mod.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vvhB7pmcb3IgICphzcLHUOtp64R3nfCr/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps out and to anyone that wants to do a similar mod.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:34 PM, shizzuh said:

Hello!  My first post here, so sorry if this is in the incorrect location, but I am excited to share my modifications!

I have tried to modify the structure of the vanilla model as little as possible.  I added some paneling for the floor to the already open back right section, and modified the top panel according to the instructions for the left top panel.  There were a few extra pieces needed but it was a very easy process......

Hi,

Can you (or someone) please explain what pieces you used to make this? Thanks you

28557024328_0a9d3a278a_z.jpg

Edited by onderon

@Frenk512 How did you mount the docking rings to the ship?

And how did you manage to fit those arm pieces in those 1x2 plates?

Edited by Noob91

@Noob91 I used a 2-axle, although it should be a bit longer for extra stability. 

20180608_181103

Not sure what you mean by the arm pieces in 1x2 plates

On 29/05/2018 at 1:30 PM, onderon said:

Hi,

Can you (or someone) please explain what pieces you used to make this? Thanks you

*snip

On 06/06/2018 at 6:50 PM, Noob91 said:

@Frenk512 How did you mount the docking rings to the ship?

And how did you manage to fit those arm pieces in those 1x2 plates?

I'm pretty sure I understand what you two are asking and this quick mockup should answer your questions.

42677327711_733998cf0c_b.jpg

Edited by loading...

21 hours ago, Frenk512 said:

@Noob91 I used a 2-axle, although it should be a bit longer for extra stability.

@Frenk512 Thank you very much for the breakdown of your docking port design. It's an even better design than the tank tracks that I'm currently using:

42643519162_db71c3c83d.jpg

Just one question - how fragile is it? Does it tend to fall apart if you take it off and put it on again?

Edited by ScottishDave

@ScottishDave The individual plates can hinge freely around the steering wheel. They are kept in place by the side of the Falcon. So if you were to take the port off, the plates would rotate, but not fall off. 

On 14/05/2018 at 5:21 PM, AfolFree said:

I love it !
It might prove a bit hard to reproduce it based only on these pictures, would you have a lxf file something similar by any chance ?

Hey, still no lxf, but the closer pics promised :

41810202795_36f5377757_c.jpg

27841012137_a6023a0e67_c.jpg

here i switched a 6x12 panel by some smaller :

42709950731_7b4d2865e3_c.jpg

42709955111_5df48b5567_c.jpg

41991578804_4efec8cfce_c.jpg

41991570554_accd5246b5_c.jpg

42709950651_394b1b7d7e_c.jpg

42709943571_6019c3937a_c.jpg

It might be useful to secure the panel, i put those two little stoppers on the axel + some mixel parts (after unsucessful tries with technic parts).

28836199908_0f2a9abe63_c.jpg

And for those wandering about the stand, its almost done but i saw something pretty cheap on idisplay that could do the job.

Hello All! There are some great mods in this thread and I'm planning on doing several of them as I build my Falcon (currently just completed bag 7). For displaying this beast I have a nice open space above my (unused) fireplace in my room so I needed a good wall mounting solution. I've seen several designs out there but thought I'd take a shot at doing my own. Here's what I've got: 

cnUNdAw.jpg

It attaches to both sides of the frame with 15 pegs on each side. This is my first time using LDD but I think it's pretty solid. I tried to incorporate techniques I've seen so far during the Falcon build and add a ton of reinforcement. The plan is to drill through the 4 #30000 bricks in the corners and into a tv mount plate from Amazon. I know, drilling isn't kosher, but I'm attaching it to the freaking wall, I don't mind damaging 4 parts to ensure it's not going anywhere. 

I ordered the parts last night from BrickOwl for about $25. I'll update you all when I get it put together!

LDD File

LDD Including Bag 1 (Frame)

iKDLiwb.jpg

1aUvBcz.jpg

Be Careful lots of panel are just put on the structure without proper attach. You will see that in the later steps.

You will need to modify lot of stuff for them to stay in place if you put your falcon totaly vertical.

edit: actually my main concern would be the weight of the stuff and stability over time..

Edited by Lfm55
Forgot something

I've been working on a new engine design based on some of the ideas I've seen here. I wanted something that had a built in "tray" for an LED strip. Due to messing up my BrickOwl order I'm missing the pieces that connect the segments together but the pictures will give you a general idea of how it looks and how it attaches to the model at the ends and in the middle. This design is a bit tall so it requires making the bottom panel flat (which it seems some of you have done). I haven't built the top panels of the falcon yet so I'm not sure what will need to change there, but if the design is still too tall I have an idea of how to reduce the height by one stud on top and bottom. 

Let me know what you think!

Stud.io file

PCyRnQN.jpg

2MWp27c.jpg

qwCwXvh.jpg

A view of the LED "tray":

KlEGgHv.jpg

5 hours ago, burgerga said:

Let me know what you think!

It looks promising. The "LED tray" is an interesting approach and I'll see if I can adapt it if I have any spares.

Currently my LED strips fit nicely in-between the hinge plates of Lock's mod, but could do with securing better. I plan to share some photos when complete (only have bag 17 left) but I'll try and post one later to show you what I mean.

Photo's of my engine mod below (apologies for the blurred quality, camera phone pics). I managed to add back the original grill pieces to the engine, to maintain some look of the original model.

I have added a couple of the camera piece to help stop the LED slipping as a temporary solution, however I plan to do something better in the future (bottom of 3rd photo).

Also, the LED light doesn't shine through the middle part where it attaches to the structure, I'm yet to figure out the best way, but it doesn't detract from the viewing experience too much :classic:

Hope you enjoy

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg