ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

36 minutes ago, RobBoyle85 said:

Hi ali1994

I had the same problem!

You need to create an account with Doctor-Brick, but even once you have clicked the "Verify" link that comes by email once the account is set up, it still takes some time (a few hours) to confirm your registration even though it looks like you have full access, you don't at first.

Just give it a bit of time and try again if you've already set up your account.

Good luck!

Hi!

I have already set up my account and verified it. When I try to download it:

Du hast keine ausreichenden Rechte, um diese Seite zu sehen oder diese Aktion ausführen zu können

Is this what you used to see before few hours passed?

28 minutes ago, ali1994 said:

Hi!

I have already set up my account and verified it. When I try to download it:

Du hast keine ausreichenden Rechte, um diese Seite zu sehen oder diese Aktion ausführen zu können

Is this what you used to see before few hours passed?

Yeah, it's saying that you don't yet have full access rights at the moment.

Just checked my email. The confirmation email of signing up the account was at 10.45, and the final confirmation I now have full access was at 13.16 the same day.

36 minutes ago, RobBoyle85 said:

Yeah, it's saying that you don't yet have full access rights at the moment.

Just checked my email. The confirmation email of signing up the account was at 10.45, and the final confirmation I now have full access was at 13.16 the same day.

Thanks for your help! I will wait few more hours then.

I have a shelf that has a depth of 25 cm, exactly as 32 stud baseplate and it is connected to wall.

Which version of Efferman's stand would you recommend me? I would of course prefer version 1 since it is safer but considering it is angled considerably I am not sure whether it will fit with in 25 cm.

1 hour ago, mink66 said:

Good grief!!!  Has this amazing light and sound kit been mentioned yet?

http://www.lightmyfalcon.com/

Absolutely stunning effects, but I have a bad feeling about the $375 to $400 price kit for the deluxe kit.

220 to 411 USD... eh eh eh...

20 hours ago, mink66 said:

Good grief!!!  Has this amazing light and sound kit been mentioned yet?

http://www.lightmyfalcon.com/

Absolutely stunning effects, but I have a bad feeling about the $375 to $400 price kit for the deluxe kit.

Ugh I kinda want that kit for the outside parts...

So I've finally made a start building this beast (finished bag 4) and decided to start modding the interior section.

This is the front right section and it now incorporates 2 storage sections to fit up to 3 minifigures. It is based on the instructions provided in the Blocks magazine (issues 42 & 43) but I've adapted it to fit around my spare pieces collection. As you can see it is unfinished (and I plan to replace the bigger compartment with a 6x6 plate when I acquire one). The 'storage tank' and handle are there for ease of removing the compartment lids so I'll need to modify it when I incorporate it into my falcon.

800x1067.jpg

[Part 1 - no modifications]

800x600.jpg

[Part 2 - floor fully covered]

800x600.jpg

[Part 3 - flooring removed]

The second section I'm currently building is @Lock engine mod but with LED lighting (with a couple of very minor adjustments, sneaking in more trans-blue pieces in where I can).

As you can see below, I partially built a section to test out how it looks. I think it does the job fairly well. I did test white and light blue colour settings on the LED strip and the difference is negligible. I think white may be slightly better as it appeared brighter (I've only uploaded the light blue photo here). I've since finished building the left/right hand sections with just the middle connecting part to go. I'll probably need to finish bag 5 before incorporating it properly, and finding a way of integrating the light and battery box/USB powered cable (as I can use either).

800x1067.jpg

I hope you enjoy the Mods :)

1 hour ago, azzer86 said:

This is the front right section and it now incorporates 2 storage sections to fit up to 3 minifigures.

So you decided to sacrify the small rotating gun? It's a curious choice, as I think there's plenty of space in the other 3 MF rooms for stuff.

But I still didn't read last Block magazine issue, it may be interesting. :)

The gun still fits, but does it differently. I've not got the spare pieces yet to incorporate it back in. I believe it attaches to the main frame by technic pins and beams, rather than the original method. Therefore the original drop down gun turret functionality is not lost. 

3 hours ago, azzer86 said:

The gun still fits, but does it differently. I've not got the spare pieces yet to incorporate it back in. I believe it attaches to the main frame by technic pins and beams, rather than the original method. Therefore the original drop down gun turret functionality is not lost. 

I see.

And I'll take a look to the magazine, later. It seems you can get a lot of space from that area. :)

has anyone attempted to make the hallway to the cockpit? I have tried (and failed at it). The main problem is the structure of the ship.

On 22/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

has anyone attempted to make the hallway to the cockpit? I have tried (and failed at it). The main problem is the structure of the ship.

Honestly I don't think it's worth the effort. You should do something always open (to be seen) and, due to the angle, I'm not sure something accettable should be done.

Theese are a lot of nice mods for an incredible set.... price is stopping me from buying it but the missing space to put it too...

On 24/4/2018 at 8:44 AM, MOMAtteo79 said:

Theese are a lot of nice mods for an incredible set.... price is stopping me from buying it but the missing space to put it too...

You can keep it in my house. :D

BTW, cool simpsons Skyline, supporting it since a few weeks! :)

Just found this site/forum and topic. Great reads but admit to not having read all (yet)..

was looking at the stands as I am aiming to buy one for 75192 and three smaller ones for the others but ....

Finished the build of 75192 the other week and had a few "gripes" with it myself. Biggest one I have is the lack of rotating gun turret. i.e. it doesn't rotate around the face of the Falcon ... front to back. Make sense? looking to see if I can mod out the pinned turret with a rotating one.

Will eventually dig through the pages and see what I can do.

On 25/4/2018 at 4:30 PM, Lock said:

You can keep it in my house. :D

BTW, cool simpsons Skyline, supporting it since a few weeks! :)

thanks!

Hello everybody!

My goal is to create a complete interior moc for the ucs millenium falcon. 
I am not too far but I figured out at least a few things that I wanted to show you.

right away: Since I dont have all of the parts that I need please dont pay attantion to the colors or the aesthetic of the build.
Its a work in progress and I am just focusing on the building techniques that could be used in order to fit every room into the falcon.

Needless to say that this is a very difficult job to do since you need a very good structure so the model doesnt fall apart...

Starting with the first thing I redesigned: 

Cockpit MOC
As you can see I can fit 4 minifiguers as well as 4 seats into the cockpit. There is MUCH more space in there than in the original build. 
In order to do this I lowered the floor and rebuild the way the outer rounded panels attach to the cockpit.
In the background you can see the open door which leads to the hallway.

Cockpit 1
Cockpit 2

Front section MOC
If you take a look at the cross section of the MF you can see that there is one room which leads into the right mandible.
Also there is a room wich contains a cargo lift front in the middle (see the red marked rooms on this picture). 

Cross Section With Marked Rooms

In the original build those sections were packed full with structural beams.

I basecally ripped everything out, made the floor a bit higher and put most of the sctrucure underneath the floor layer (which makes it a bit less stable but still stable enough).

Here are the two new rooms. You can see that a minifigure can fit quite well into the cargo room (again don't pay attantion to the colors and the asthetics).

Front Section 1

Front Section 2

I even managed to get the cargo lift into the room by moving the landing gear in the front a little bit further back.

Cargo Lift 1

Cargo Lift 2

Tunnel MOC

The last thing I will show you is the tunnel that leads up to the cockpit. This section is very raw and doesnt look nice at the moment, but it actually works.
There is enough space that cven Chewy can stand up right in the hallway. The round walls will all be covered with beige plates (I dont have enogh at the moment).
The grill peaces on the floor are special because they will be attached on clear 1x2 plates (at the moment they are attached on regular 1x2 plates).
Since there is enough space underneath the tunnel my goal is to put LEDs underneath the floor so the light can shine through the clear bricks and ultimately through the grill peaces.

Tunnel 1

Tunnel 2

My next goal will be to reattach the panels of the mandibles and reinforce them so they dont hang down so much. I will probably attach some strings from the front of the mandibles to
the strucutre of the falcon which will help to hold the mandibles straight (I know I am not a Lego purist).
After that I will try to find a way to get the circular hallway into this beast without weakening the strucutre too much. 

Hope you enjoy my build and if you have some suggestions and tips I would be very happy to hear those!

Greetings from germany!
Luca

@Lardos Fantastic work, I am really impressed by the tunnel chute. How did you make the opening to the cockpit through the main structure? Did you dismantle it?

Cockpit mod for what I have.  Thought you guys might enjoy the design as it allows the seats to stay and Chewie can still fit.

28048093438_245cb7d69a_k.jpg

28048090618_85911cfe59_k.jpg

Fits Chewie, but easier to replace his seat with a 2x2 brown flat square.

28048089908_691041da23_z.jpg

Kyle Katarn standing while Jan Ors flys.

28048086828_ecc9713aeb_z.jpg

18 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

@Lardos Fantastic work, I am really impressed by the tunnel chute. How did you make the opening to the cockpit through the main structure? Did you dismantle it?

Thank you!

Yes I dismantled it. I lowered the floor layer of the cockpit and build up the wall with the door which leads to the tunnel. 
I attached the round panels on this wall. 

It did loose some structural integrity but it looks quite good I think.

16 hours ago, Tuskano said:

Cockpit mod for what I have.  Thought you guys might enjoy the design as it allows the seats to stay and Chewie can still fit.

28048093438_245cb7d69a_k.jpg

Fits Chewie, but easier to replace his seat with a 2x2 brown flat square.

28048089908_691041da23_z.jpg

This mod looks so good! Are you able to close the top part of the cockpit enclosure? Or does it have to remain open?

On 5/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, TravisH44 said:

This mod looks so good! Are you able to close the top part of the cockpit enclosure? Or does it have to remain open?

Thank you!  Yep, still able to close with everyone inside.

28048089168_37c9931701_c.jpg

Edited by Tuskano