ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the interior sections, I've seen some really cool stuff posted. Does anyone have LDD files for what they did with the interior? I could use some help figuring out what pieces I would need. 

8 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the interior sections, I've seen some really cool stuff posted. Does anyone have LDD files for what they did with the interior? I could use some help figuring out what pieces I would need. 

I'd bypass the need to design everything in LDD and just play around with different ideas you have with the bricks you have at hand. They don't need to be the correct coloured bricks at this stage, they can be bought later once the design is finished.

LDD can be great for presenting a final design but I find you often get very restricted creatively using it. Just playing around with bricks to experiment with different ideas can take you in directions you would never have considered as it's a more organic process.

10 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

I agree with The Orange Thing. Working on interiors with LDD is difficult and may bring you to errors as it’s easy to go out from boundaries (I.e. missing a structural stuff here and there) and having your finished work not fitting in.

It happened to me. :)

Anyway, if you want to have a look to my LDD files, you can find them here: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

Edited by Lock

Definitely a clean solution to the stand. Though i must admit that something about the pose annoys my eyes a bit. i think it's a tad aggressive

Saves a lot of space though :)

It's neat, but twice the price of efferman's stand, and may not be as durable...
The minifig stand is nice though. :-)

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:41 AM, Lock said:

Nice to see you tried the cockpit. :)

Too bad, when I’ve built it, I realized Chewie si too tall and the top part of the cockpit can’t be correctly closed.

I’ve experimented several modifications with no success, because making all seats lower won’t work (the rear seats bump into the back of the cockpit).

I ended up removing seats and keeping them only for displaying mode (with open cockpit and minifigs or closed without Chewbacca):

MF-75192-cockpit-02.jpg

About the engine I had to modify it further, as it was too short and kept coming out from “holes”. I’m stil missing some piece, that’s why the strange colors but now it works:

MF-75192-engine-02.jpg

I'm new to the site, but have been a massive lego fan since, well life. Love all the modification people have done. Love your engine mod. I'm still building my falcon, but have order created an engine mod that is a cross between yours & Marshall's. have just order the parts for it. Will update on how it goes, as I'm hoping to add led's to it once done, which is for the reason for this mod, as didn't like the tubing lego did.

On 7.3.2018 at 10:08 PM, Pentomind said:

It's neat, but twice the price of efferman's stand, and may not be as durable...
The minifig stand is nice though. :-)

It's more durable than the technic beams, believe me!
Here is a video from another member at our german forum!

Edited by bricksmarlin

Hey folks,

I think I came up with a nice redesign of the cockpit that looks better and fits with the cone parts. The front of the cockpit is actually not attached, but sits very nicely inside the bottom cone.

You can see the photos I took here:

https://imgur.com/a/QBkiK

And here's the LDD file to check out. One note, LDD is missing one of the pieces, the 2x4 technic piece the holds the 2 rear seats. LDD only has a 2x2, so I had to leave the seats on the side. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfgsxvik393oa55/New Cockpit UCS MF.lxf?dl=0

Let me know what you think!

On 9/3/2018 at 6:41 PM, Ryoko said:

I'm new to the site, but have been a massive lego fan since, well life. Love all the modification people have done. Love your engine mod. I'm still building my falcon, but have order created an engine mod that is a cross between yours & Marshall's. have just order the parts for it. Will update on how it goes, as I'm hoping to add led's to it once done, which is for the reason for this mod, as didn't like the tubing lego did.

Yesterday I made another modify to the engine, making the central piece one stud longer (5 instead of 4). It seems more stable.

But I guess I'll have to redo it completely to pass from a (...2-2-3-)5-3-2-2-2... scheme to a (...2-2-2-3-2-2-2... :)

12 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

Let me know what you think!

It's not too dangerous to travel hyperspace without safety belts? :P

8 minutes ago, Lock said:

It's not too dangerous to travel hyperspace without safety belts? :P

Well, considering they didn't even have seats before, still a move in the right direction :D

1 hour ago, TravisH44 said:

Well, considering they didn't even have seats before, still a move in the right direction :D

Ahahah, true. :)

Hi,

does anybody still have lxf for Vertical Stand 2 from efferman (page 6 in this topic)? The initially provided link is not working anymore. I built already Vertical Stand 1, but I found out I need more steep variation of the stand to fit into my cabinet.

Thanks.

Very interesting mods, everyone. I skimmed through this entire thread, I'll have to study some of the pictures more thoroughly when I am ready to try some of them. For now, I'm waiting for one of two orders from bricklink with parts for the Efferman stand, very excited to try that out and reclaim some space on my dresser!

@MatrixOne, do you have any LDD files for your engine mods?

Also wondering if anyone has LDD files for interior mods that they've done? There may've been some files that were shared early on in this thread, but I noticed a few links seemed broken. I guess a lot of the mods in general have been trial and error on the original set, but I think I'll have a hard time figuring things out just from pictures.

@Darthmarty  Don't feel too bad about the links being broken, a lot of the interior designs may not fit the actual dimensions of the empty space in the ship. I figured a lot out by looking at the pics. The LDD files might still be helpful though, to your point, I hope they get reposted.

Or even an XML file for a parts list. I'm sure I can figure out some of it from the pictures, but files of any kind might speed it up, I would probably still make some minor mods from there.

Yay, 10th post!

On 3/4/2018 at 1:53 PM, Lock said:

I agree with The Orange Thing. Working on interiors with LDD is difficult and may bring you to errors as it’s easy to go out from boundaries (I.e. missing a structural stuff here and there) and having your finished work not fitting in.

Anyway, if you want to have a look to my LDD files, you can find them here: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

Totally missed this post earlier, I'll take a look at those. The Google Translate seems to work pretty well. Might be a while before I have much time to spend on making mods to my Falcon.

I liked MatrixOne's version of the engine as well.

1 hour ago, Darthmarty said:

Totally missed this post earlier, I'll take a look at those. The Google Translate seems to work pretty well. Might be a while before I have much time to spend on making mods to my Falcon.

Yeah, I’m too lazy to translate it but, as soon as Google Translator is doing a fair job, I’m ok. ;)

On 04/03/2018 at 7:53 PM, Lock said:

Amazing round-up of the possible MODs, really a great place to start !
Do you have a final picture of the engine section ? I'm wondering if the result is good without some kind of "grille" (I saw others on this topic tried to recreated it with droid arms.

I've finally started building this monster (bag 1 complete...).

I've built the efferman stand (in UCS black style) and Lock's front mandibles part and just ordered the parts for the engine mod today.

I hope to share pictures once complete and mods installed with the LED lighting for the engine :)

7 hours ago, AfolFree said:

Amazing round-up of the possible MODs, really a great place to start !
Do you have a final picture of the engine section ? I'm wondering if the result is good without some kind of "grille" (I saw others on this topic tried to recreated it with droid arms.

This is the best picture I can get without taking the monster out from the table:

Engines.jpg

There's a small change to the LDD file (that I still didn't update): the middle connection part is now 5 studs large (previously it was 4), this way the connection is a bit less tight.

Edited by Lock

1 hour ago, Lock said:

This is the best picture I can get without taking the monster out from the table:

There's a small change to the LDD file (that I still didn't update): the middle connection part is now 5 studs large (previously it was 4), this way the connection is a bit less tight.

Thanks, it looks great :)

On 29.3.2018 at 9:52 AM, Keny said:

Hi,

does anybody still have lxf for Vertical Stand 2 from efferman (page 6 in this topic)? The initially provided link is not working anymore. I built already Vertical Stand 1, but I found out I need more steep variation of the stand to fit into my cabinet.

Thanks.

http://www.doctor-brick.de/threads/75192-millennium-falcon-news-und-mods.7211/page-42#post-163652

42 minutes ago, ali1994 said:

Hi Efferman, great job!

I am trying to download but the site does not allow me. Can you share it with another way? Thanks.

Also, what is the difference of your two version?

Hi ali1994

I had the same problem!

You need to create an account with Doctor-Brick, but even once you have clicked the "Verify" link that comes by email once the account is set up, it still takes some time (a few hours) to confirm your registration even though it looks like you have full access, you don't at first.

Just give it a bit of time and try again if you've already set up your account.

Good luck!

Edited by RobBoyle85