ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

On 16/2/2018 at 7:52 PM, ekrangnes said:

@Lock You lose a couple of studs as the folding section is 4 sections wide.

Video here: https://streamable.com/rbcow

I like it a lot, my compliments. :)

On 17/2/2018 at 2:58 AM, TravisH44 said:

Hey guys, I'm following the mods posted by Lock at http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310 and it looks like the "light bluish grey" parts aren't as easy to find on Bricklink as simply "light grey" bricks. Is everyone here that is doing a mod using the bluish grey bricks or will the light grey be ok to use instead? What color is the primary grey on the Falcon?

What elements? It’s strange as light gray is the old color, while light bluish gray is the new one and should be easier to find.

I won’t suggest you to use the light gray ones as their tone is quite different (unless you want to do it on purpose) and the difference is very evident.

On 17/2/2018 at 4:54 PM, Tommy_Hewitt said:

Hey guys!

It's not really a Mod/MOC, but i wanted to show you my solution for mounting the falcon to a wall. I tried to keep it as simple as possible with only very minor changes to the original build.  Has turned out pretty good imho :blush:

img_0099yvko2.jpg img_0100ebkay.jpg img_0102e2kl2.jpg img_0103skknp.jpg

Are you really so brave to sit just below it? Lego connections are sturdy but that’s not an angle it was projected for and I don’t know what could happen in, say, ten years. :)

Edited by Lock
Typos, as usual. :)

Actually I gave a lot of thought into choosing the right mounting points. The three hooks are supporting the main frame quite well and it's even less stressful for the technic-bricks than standing on the landing gear. I've also added a few plates to the frame to gain more rigidity when the falcon is placed in this specific angle :classic:

Just now, Tommy_Hewitt said:

Actually I gave a lot of thought into choosing the right mounting points. The three hooks are supporting the main frame quite well and it's even less stressful for the technic-bricks than standing on the landing gear. I've also added a few plates to the frame to gain more rigidity when the falcon is placed in this specific angle :classic:

It’s a well designed ship, but I suggest you to check it at least every 6 months.

Dead Star engineers are still looking for its pieces since 1977. :D

1 hour ago, Lock said:

What elements? It’s strange as light gray is the old color, while light bluish gray is the new one and should be easier to find.

I won’t suggest you to use the light gray ones as their tone is quite different (unless you want to do it on purpose) and the difference is very evident.

You know, this is actually my first time using Brinklink for a mod project so I guess I was just expecting to find everything I needed in one store, which wasn't the case. But it's fine, you're right Light Bluish Grey bricks are pretty abundant. Love the mods btw, they look great!! I just ordered parts for the front panel and the rear engine.

@Lock are your mods fairly complete now you have it on display?

I've got the pieces for the efferman stand now (all in black bar a 3-4 hard to get pieces (read expensive)) so your engine and front bit between the mandibles parts would be the next natural progression.

I'll see what interior space I have left after adding the led lighting strip and battery compartment in the spare room, although I would like to add in the bedroom shown in the Blocks magazine.

22 hours ago, TravisH44 said:

You know, this is actually my first time using Brinklink for a mod project so I guess I was just expecting to find everything I needed in one store, which wasn't the case. But it's fine, you're right Light Bluish Grey bricks are pretty abundant. Love the mods btw, they look great!! I just ordered parts for the front panel and the rear engine.

Thanks. :)

And yeah, during the first orders Bricklink is a bit of a pain and no, you'll never find everything in one shop for most of your MOCs (even if it has several options to reduce them as much as possible, even if the pieces price may get higher).

1 hour ago, azzer86 said:

@Lock are your mods fairly complete now you have it on display?

I've got the pieces for the efferman stand now (all in black bar a 3-4 hard to get pieces (read expensive)) so your engine and front bit between the mandibles parts would be the next natural progression.

Yes, despite the fact that someday I'll may be working a bit on internals (again) my MILF (I know, I know but I find that fun :D) project is finished.

While the mandibles and engine LDD files are (I think) 100% identical to real mods, some of the most complex ones may be a bit different (like internals), due to some small errors and last minute changes here and there.

But they're good to give you an idea of the final work. :)

Just received the part from Bricklink. i was able to find most of the parts in DBG instead of LBG, which greatly reduced the cost (35€ shipped).
Thanks again to Efferman for sharing this with the community, and to Lucio Switch for the instructions.

Can't wait to complete the model and display it !

Edited by Pentomind

On 2/16/2018 at 11:23 AM, Robianco said:

You have to use a hosting site similar to Flickr then you can link to the image which actually becomes hot linked so it displays. That way the site doesn't have to host images.

There's a thread here to help you.

Thank you , i will try this out and hope to be able to soon post some pics of my current work.

13 hours ago, Bobakman said:

OK here is a Youtube video of my issue with the 13 hole beam short of connecting on Efferman's vertical stand. I would so appreciate it if anyone can let me know where I went wrong.
Thanks in advance, Bob

https://youtu.be/rDurr3I5vig

To be honest I don't know. It has been OK for me. 

One thing though, it seems on the first picture that the angle between the left vertical beams and the right vertical beams is slightly different from what I can see on the building instructions. Maybe it is not inclined enough to be able to attach this 13 hole lift beam. 

Good luck

On 2/19/2018 at 9:33 PM, Bobakman said:

OK here is a Youtube video of my issue with the 13 hole beam short of connecting on Efferman's vertical stand. I would so appreciate it if anyone can let me know where I went wrong.
Thanks in advance, Bob

https://youtu.be/rDurr3I5vig

the seven stud beam in the top right corner of the first picture is not correctly assembled. It should have two holes in common with the 2x4 L shaped part on it's left (the 5L axle +.one 3L pin).

Because of that mistake the two side are too far appart one from the other.

the 2x4 L shaped part on the right bottom corner is bent and shouldn't, I think's it's a side effect of the afformentionned mistake.

:-)

Edited by Pentomind

Thank you for pointing this out my tunnel vision got the best of me.  I'm going to take things apart and get'er right. 

Bob

Well finally i seem to be able to post a picture here showing what im trying out to get a better engine mod based on those seen here on the forum.

What do you think suits the best?

39489211175_014ed77479_o.jpg

39675146654_3e55b57b86_o.jpg

38575545220_ed40697497_z.jpg

Thanks to @Lock for the inspiring base work.

Thanks to @Robianco for guiding me to the tutorial on how to post pics via flickr.

Edited by MatrixOne

3 hours ago, Pentomind said:

the seven stud beam in the top right corner of the first picture is not correctly assembled. It should have two holes in common with the 2x4 L shaped part on it's left (the 5L axle +.one 3L pin).

Because of that mistake the two side are too far appart one from the other.

the 2x4 L shaped part on the right bottom corner is bent and shouldn't, I think's it's a side effect of the afformentionned mistake.

:-)error.jpg.15a9a9710731539e1cbd6eec68508086.jpg

Thank you this was the error. I was able to get it corrected and I could not have done it without your help and this forum!

Bob

Hi

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that there was a company that had produced a set of print3ed bricks to replace the stickered bricks for 75192 has any one got a link to the company and has any one took the plunge on said set ??

I hope I wasn't imagining this set

25 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

Hi

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that there was a company that had produced a set of print3ed bricks to replace the stickered bricks for 75192 has any one got a link to the company and has any one took the plunge on said set ??

I hope I wasn't imagining this set

Hi Matt,

The set you are searching for is this:

http://www.steindrucker.com/millennium-falcon-package-75192

Schidi

Edited by Schidi

Seeing how the Millennium Falcon has such a different appearance in Solo: A Star Wars Story, it makes me want to MOD 75192 to match its appearance (when I finally get one!).

10 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Seeing how the Millennium Falcon has such a different appearance in Solo: A Star Wars Story, it makes me want to MOD 75192 to match its appearance (when I finally get one!).

Not really much. Just a front storage module to slide inside mandibles and a bunch of blue bricks here and there for the top part. :)

(I don't like the new antenna as the official blueprints of YT-1300 never mentioned it).

17 hours ago, MatrixOne said:

Well finally i seem to be able to post a picture here showing what im trying out to get a better engine mod based on those seen here on the forum.

What do you think suits the best?

Thanks to @Lock for the inspiring base work.

Thanks to @Robianco for guiding me to the tutorial on how to post pics via flickr.

It's hard to say without the full view but, if I'd have to choose, I'd go for the first (top left) one. It perfectly covers the space between angled blocks. :)

I can't wait to see how your finished project looks, as I'm still not too much excited about my engine mod. :D

Edited by Lock
My usual typos, groan...

23 hours ago, MatrixOne said:

Personally I think the top left works best. I would fill the gap with a small cut blueish gray host in-between the LEGO part 92690 Shaft with Cored Knob. If you wanted to make it have a nice horizontal dimension, take a hose and use a hammer to flatten it in those area between the gaps. The fact it narrows only in-between the gap area may work out to your advantage. It will keep it raised from the blue round plates, but also maintain a 3d effect. If you want it to stay in place, I used a drill to make holes in my flattened hoses before the same size of a bar. That could allow you to slide a cut hose inside and create a ladder effect. I did this on my x-wing ion cannons and it holds up very well. All you need to do is flatten those areas out. the width of the flattened area is much larger than the width of a hose, so you should have no issue with making holes. This should hold the whole thing in place and look awesome for this great engine. 

16 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

many thanks those are the ones I've just ordered a set so see how they turn out

I debated buying this, along with other printed sets from there. Can you share with us the quality of the printed pieces upon arrival? I worry it will be quite a bit different in quality than the official pad printed stuff. 

This what my currently preferred Engine solution looks like on the falcon itself

39509495855_11df6c0293_o.jpg

40361338632_de0885eb0c_o.jpg

38595069770_333973686e_o.jpg

But i will also try out the suggested build with the 92690 parts

Edited by MatrixOne

20 minutes ago, cehnot said:

I debated buying this, along with other printed sets from there. Can you share with us the quality of the printed pieces upon arrival? I worry it will be quite a bit different in quality than the official pad printed stuff. 

Hi,

These days i can take some pictures of the „Millennium Falcon“- and the „London-Bus“-Set.

Schidi

My next step will be to change the back part since its not accurate enogh for me and there is missing a string of tubes an the flaps themself. I have already an idea but the stability took a hard hit, i still need to try out different assemblies.

this is a first try

39509493845_40d31aa01e_o.jpg

Edited by MatrixOne

On 13.2.2018 at 1:42 AM, Kindred1313 said:

Do you have a LDD for your engine Mod for the life of me I cant figure out how to connect it to the Falcon. I cant see enough of it in the pics to figure it out for myself??/

Sorry for the late response, I will take some pictures at the weekend!