ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

56 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

Won’t a factor in the strength of the frame being there to limit deformation over time. You’ve significantly reduced the load bearing capacity of the frame, it may seem to hold the shape now but there’s no way of knowing how it will look in months to come. 

On the frame that you still have in place have you added additional pins where possible? It’s these components that will be taking the stress. 

What I did was that I built the flooring of the ship two bricks high. It was mostly technic pieces with pins to go horizontally and vertically from the bottom plate. I put supports below the bottom plate i.e. books, lego pieces, etc. I put about a hundred pins on it (flooring). In terms of support for the whole backside I used technic pieces to go across the gap, the rest you can see below. 

Rough draft of final product, this ship can be lifted up too.

Ask any more questions, I am making a sequence of "how to" picture sequence right now. The technic structure from before is still intact too.

On 03/10/2017 at 6:23 PM, efferman said:

34cm with the episode 4 antenna

Great work indeed, you may have saved me with this. I've had my MF for weeks and it's still in it's box because I don't have anywhere to display, or even store it flat.

I would like to have it enclosed in a custom built display case. I guess once on the stand it's still 84 cm long, but how high is it with the slight angle ?

Thanks for your help !

On 9.2.2018 at 3:24 PM, Pentomind said:

Great work indeed, you may have saved me with this. I've had my MF for weeks and it's still in it's box because I don't have anywhere to display, or even store it flat.

I would like to have it enclosed in a custom built display case. I guess once on the stand it's still 84 cm long, but how high is it with the slight angle ?

Thanks for your help !

roundabout 55.5cm

On 1/30/2018 at 7:05 PM, Lock said:

I cannot remember who asked about changing vents rotation angle.

At beginning the Lego solution didn't bother me but, since I almost finished all my mods, today I decided to give it a try and this is the result:

<snip>

The difficult part was modifying the baseplates so the vents didn't raise by one plate (only the top sides ones, the lower one don't have this problem) and I think the result is more than acceptable.

The best thing was I didn't have to apply any trick, every angle can be achieved with regular connections:

<snip>

The rotating element isn't mandatory but it adds up to stability.

If you're interested in the LDD project you can find it here (among all my other mods): http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#ventole 

Wow Lock, that's fantastic. I asked if anything could be done, and you really answered. It looks so much better than the original build, which bugged me much more than it should have. I've been really busy lately and still haven't gotten around to my build yet, but thank you for finding a presentable solution. I can't wait to build and add many of these changes. Everyone who's made the modifications to this great set and sharing them here with all of us, a huge THANK YOU to all.

1 hour ago, mgoblue1997 said:

Wow Lock, that's fantastic. I asked if anything could be done, and you really answered. It looks so much better than the original build, which bugged me much more than it should have. I've been really busy lately and still haven't gotten around to my build yet, but thank you for finding a presentable solution. I can't wait to build and add many of these changes. Everyone who's made the modifications to this great set and sharing them here with all of us, a huge THANK YOU to all.

Glad to have been useful. :)

After finished the work, looking back to the original ones, I've to thank you for the idea. The Lego solution is really terrible in comparison. :D

On 9/29/2017 at 11:20 PM, bricksmarlin said:

But it has some sort of grill or something!

<snip>

Sorry , I was waiting for the Camera! Here are some better pictures from the engine!

<snips>

And here further modifications (inspired by Marshal Banana's version)!

<snips>

I have started to work on the underside!

<snips>

New bottom panels!

<snips>

Do you have a LDD for your engine Mod for the life of me I cant figure out how to connect it to the Falcon. I cant see enough of it in the pics to figure it out for myself??/

So far i have been inspired by some photos here in the forum to create my version of the in between mandibles and also im currently working on an engine mod based on #Lock. What do you think suits better for the grill looking, the arms- , the laserswordhilt- or the bar-option?

Engine.jpg

Edited by MatrixOne
Picture unable to be uploaded

On 13/02/2018 at 12:42 AM, Kindred1313 said:

Do you have a LDD for your engine Mod for the life of me I cant figure out how to connect it to the Falcon. I cant see enough of it in the pics to figure it out for myself??/

I’ve just done a similar engine mod. I’ve used 1x2x2 trans light blue bricks with 1x4 grey hinge plates connecting them. I’ve also retained the grey lattice grill to hold it all together.  

Where the tubes fit into a technic brick on either end of the engine I’ve removed the lower two pins. I’ve then placed a 1x1 technic brick on to the remaining pin and spun it round so the stud is on top. I’ve then clipped the trans light brick arc to that with 1x2 plates. 

That works for either end, in the middle I just used 1x4 plates and some 1x2 plates to secure the arc to the central support. 

It’s only connected via the top of the arc but it seems plenty strong enough once the grill is placed in front of it.

I don’t have any pics but I can get some later this evening.

9 hours ago, MatrixOne said:

This is my current mandible piece inspired by the pictures o this forum.

Mods.jpg

The pic is a bit tiny but the right engine looks very sexy. Do you have a bigger image? :)

Anyway bars seem the best.

Edited by Lock

Hi Everyone,

Great topic! I've been spending more time on modding the pit contents (which are random in 75192) and and mandible sides to the TESB version, than actually completing the original kit by now :D

Everything I've done so far is in LDD. What's the best way forward, exporting to Excel and easy order via BrickLink?

Cheers,

Frenk512

12 minutes ago, Frenk512 said:

Hi Everyone,

Great topic! I've been spending more time on modding the pit contents (which are random in 75192) and and mandible sides to the TESB version, than actually completing the original kit by now :D

Everything I've done so far is in LDD. What's the best way forward, exporting to Excel and easy order via BrickLink?

Cheers,

Frenk512

It’s actually easier to use Stud.io and export from there directly to Bricklink. 

Dont worry though your time in LDD isn’t wasted. You can open LDD files in Stud.io

7 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

It’s actually easier to use Stud.io and export from there directly to Bricklink. 

Dont worry though your time in LDD isn’t wasted. You can open LDD files in Stud.io

I'm running Windows 10 and keep getting the error "an app on your pc needs the following windows feature: .NET framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)", I've tried to switch it on via Control Panel but it doesn't work. (Update: creating a Windows 10 install USB now...) (Update 2: that's not working either; I guess I will have to do it manually) 

Edited by Frenk512

On 2/15/2018 at 12:31 AM, Lock said:

The pic is a bit tiny but the right engine looks very sexy. Do you have a bigger image? :)

Anyway bars seem the best.

I have massive problems to upload any pictures on this site, is there a guideline how to achieve this? I always get te alert message that imy pictures were unable to be uploaded.

5 minutes ago, MatrixOne said:

I have massive problems to upload any pictures on this site, is there a guideline how to achieve this? I always get te alert message that imy pictures were unable to be uploaded.

You have to use a hosting site similar to Flickr then you can link to the image which actually becomes hot linked so it displays. That way the site doesn't have to host images.

There's a thread here to help you.

52 minutes ago, ekrangnes said:

75192 Norwegian Style - retractable landing gear

landing_gear.jpg

I guess you loose part of internal rooms (or maybe no?) but it seems really interesting. +1 for a video. :)

On 15/2/2018 at 6:20 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Millennium Falcon is on display with a mostly done finalized interior. 

I've finished mine as well, but I'm really no good in shooting pics. :D

11310-MF-75192-cover.jpg

11310-MF-75192-Interni-11.jpg

11310-MF-75192-Interni-12.jpg

More details (and LDD plans) on all my mods here: http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310

Edited by Lock

Hey guys, I'm following the mods posted by Lock at http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310 and it looks like the "light bluish grey" parts aren't as easy to find on Bricklink as simply "light grey" bricks. Is everyone here that is doing a mod using the bluish grey bricks or will the light grey be ok to use instead? What color is the primary grey on the Falcon?

17 hours ago, ekrangnes said:

@Lock You lose a couple of studs as the folding section is 4 sections wide.

Video here: https://streamable.com/rbcow

I love the engineering that’s gone into this. How practical is using it though once the panels are on? 

What kind of stand do you have in mind to display it on? Will be very interesting to see what you come up with. 

@SquirrelArmy The panels on the sides nor bottom is an issue. Looking at SNOTing the bottom half right now, so let’s see how it turns out. As for a stand; the efferman-stand is a piece of art. Let’s see if I can come up with a variant. Though I might need to tilt it upright for space/display reasons. There is room in the frame and the structure is sturdy, so it should be doable. Let’s see when we get there after the underbelly. 

Hey guys!

It's not really a Mod/MOC, but i wanted to show you my solution for mounting the falcon to a wall. I tried to keep it as simple as possible with only very minor changes to the original build.  Has turned out pretty good imho :blush:

img_0099yvko2.jpg img_0100ebkay.jpg img_0102e2kl2.jpg img_0103skknp.jpg