ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Yes, I know but I also used Tested Millennium Falcons expo video plus this one.

And yes not exact, but it will someday. I have only modded two panels, the bottom left quadrant of the ship where the number three hold is. The hyperdrive room is way too small, but the technic pieces are stopping it from being long. I am going to modify the technic pieces which are stopping the ship to look like its actual self, sometime this week (I hope).

And for showing it, I am not so sure. I have four options, docking bay 327, Hoth base, or Tatooine, or Nebulon docking (probably not). Probably first three, it just depends on the pieces I have. 

I am looking at the empty spaces on the back and front left side of the Millennium Falcon, and have decided to MOD those things out, remove technic pieces from those sides and middle and put some technic support for the flooring. 

On 27/01/2018 at 5:07 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

And for showing it, I am not so sure. I have four options, docking bay 327, Hoth base, or Tatooine, or Nebulon docking (probably not). Probably first three, it just depends on the pieces I have. 

I’ve gone for Docking Bay 94 as my build. It’s a tough choice about how to display the ship. 

Other options from the original trilogy are of course Cloud City and inside the space worm. I don’t think the space worm has ever been done in Lego and this set having the reverse head prints and Mynock makes it a definite possibility but probably not that exciting. 

I would have gone for Cloud City as my build but just don’t have the space to do it justice. 

New update on Millennium Falcon, all hallway floors are smooth now.

Smoothed floor in bottom right quadrant of the Millennium Falcon

Edited by Jerry McGlade
Smaller more precise words instead of bigger less precise words

I cannot remember who asked about changing vents rotation angle.

At beginning the Lego solution didn't bother me but, since I almost finished all my mods, today I decided to give it a try and this is the result:

11310-MF-75192-Ventole-01s.jpg

The difficult part was modifying the baseplates so the vents didn't raise by one plate (only the top sides ones, the lower one don't have this problem) and I think the result is more than acceptable.

The best thing was I didn't have to apply any trick, every angle can be achieved with regular connections:

11310-MF-75192-Ventole-02.jpg

The rotating element isn't mandatory but it adds up to stability.

If you're interested in the LDD project you can find it here (among all my other mods): http://www.lemonskin.net/io/11310#ventole 

Built on going. Just finished bag 10 and then mounted the MF on the efferman stand. Sorry the awesome efferman stand!!! 

2018-01-30_10-52-27

Thanks @efferman and @lucio Switch for this.

I went for a UCS type black version for the stand. 

Edited by Space_jaco
Link to profiles

3 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Just made a new group on Flickr called MOD UCS Millennium Falcon, go join it!

Thanks, I just did! And I added 3 photos!

Edited by IG_100_MagnaGuard

12 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Built on going. Just finished bag 10 and then mounted the MF on the efferman stand. Sorry the awesome efferman stand!!! 

Thanks @efferman and @lucio Switch for this.

I went for a UCS type black version for the stand. 

Even though I’ve built it I’ve never actually seen it from underneath. I can see you removed the legs for flight mode but I can see a lot of additional panels too. 

3 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

Even though I’ve built it I’ve never actually seen it from underneath. I can see you removed the legs for flight mode but I can see a lot of additional panels too. 

Yes the landing gear have to be removed to install the stand. 

Regarding the additional panels, no mods there. They are the normal panels. The ones in the center are the underneath of the inside section built earlier on

On 1/12/2018 at 5:41 AM, Lock said:

Nice to see you tried the cockpit. :)

Too bad, when I’ve built it, I realized Chewie si too tall and the top part of the cockpit can’t be correctly closed.

I’ve experimented several modifications with no success, because making all seats lower won’t work (the rear seats bump into the back of the cockpit).

I ended up removing seats and keeping them only for displaying mode (with open cockpit and minifigs or closed without Chewbacca):

MF-75192-cockpit-02.jpg

About the engine I had to modify it further, as it was too short and kept coming out from “holes”. I’m stil missing some piece, that’s why the strange colors but now it works:

MF-75192-engine-02.jpg

Hello, Do you have the LDD and Parts list for your engine MOD. I would like to use it for my MF. Thanks

9 hours ago, Kindred1313 said:

Hello, Do you have the LDD and Parts list for your engine MOD. I would like to use it for my MF. Thanks

Sure, I’ve the LDD projects of all the mods I’ve applied so far. You can find them in this article. It’s in Italian, but you can either ignore it and just open the “progetto” panel (the link to the LDD file is the last one) at the end of every section or press the little page icon on top bar to have a rough english translation (some aesthetic visuals of the website will be spoiled, but it still works somehow). :)

Keep in mind they may be slightly different from the final form, as I keep experimenting and change things.

Hi all - I've been following this thread for a while and there are some great mods to try. My falcon still in its box while I clear some space (currently housing an almost finished tatooine layout). l already have an LED strip recommended from this thread and plan to implement Lock's engine mod as a minimum. Still yet to decide on the other rooms, but part 1 from the blocks magazine has my attention at the minute.

I do have a question though about the efferman stand. How easy is it to build the model (and mod inside it) whilst it's still on the stand?

Also, I'm liking the black piece stand interpretation by space_iaco so I'll have to price both options up.

Anyway, great work by all the modders in this forum. I'll share mine when it's complete :)

Hi, im new to this site. Im very interested and astonished by all the great work you ladies and gentlemen have already achieved. I hope to be able to show you soon also some pics as soon as my brickling orders arrive and i can start the modifications on the falcon myself.

HI I have posted this question on Re-Brickable and so far I have not received an answer that will correct my issue which is either due to most likely an error on my part or perhaps the BI the 13 hole beam in step #13 page #2 falls short of being able to connect it on the high end. I have shared the link to photos of my build on my G drive below I am hoping another set of eyes can set me straight so I can connect the beam.

Thanks, Bob

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12XMThk5scAap-Pilv6XM575ES0jjUFWi

On 9/21/2017 at 8:36 PM, will said:

Edit: can't work out to post pics.

engine moc, copied from ScottishDave. Trying to remove/replace all dark tan, and make it look as OT as possible.

http://i.picresize.com/cyim

ujVCG.jpg

http://i.picresize.com/cyi9

yrsCQ.jpg

Do you Have a LDD file for this engin Moc?

On 9/29/2017 at 5:20 PM, bricksmarlin said:

But it has some sort of grill or something!

gallery_8754_6681_15669.jpg

Sorry , I was waiting for the Camera! Here are some better pictures from the engine!

gallery_8754_6681_119840.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_101192.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_6394.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_5591.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_71790.jpg

And here further modifications (inspired by Marshal Banana's version)!

gallery_8754_6681_70614.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_96336.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_39228.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_84261.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_24280.jpg

I have started to work on the underside!

gallery_8754_6681_52724.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_19990.jpg

New bottom panels!

gallery_8754_6681_18909.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_24323.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_92445.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_65247.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_5955.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_106884.jpg

Like Your engine MOD. Do you have a LDD file for it. Im looking at different ones to see what I would like to do on mine?

On 7/2/2018 at 5:41 AM, Jerry McGlade said:

Just started to redo the skeleton of the ship in the back so I could make the ship look like itself completely.

here it is. 

Interesting. But how about the resistance? Can you still lift it and move around? I scare it could become too fragile without the original structure.

7 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Rough draft of the ship is complete.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152598045@N05/shares/69QL0t

It is structurally stable and is able to be lifted up. The exterior is able to be put on too. 

Won’t a factor in the strength of the frame being there to limit deformation over time. You’ve significantly reduced the load bearing capacity of the frame, it may seem to hold the shape now but there’s no way of knowing how it will look in months to come. 

On the frame that you still have in place have you added additional pins where possible? It’s these components that will be taking the stress.