ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

On 10/22/2017 at 10:02 AM, cehnot said:

Sorry, I meant the lip sticking up and down along the rear engine exhausts. They curve up toward the rear center on the top and down on the bottom. Sed fixed this problem in his Falcon. I just wonder why LEGO did this. The curved shape i unow is suppose to be a circle. Sorry I misspoke. 

Oh ok:) wasn’t sure what you meant.

I looked at flattening the bottom layer of the engine flaps last night, and I think my main problem is that it attaches to the rear of the falcon using hinges which drop down too much on mine. I've put in a couple of plates below the hinges to stop it falling so far, which has helped.

Still waiting for post to deliver mine.... what I'm trying to decide is how to set it up in the house...eventually want to do a moc with it in Docking Bay 327? Mos Eisley Bay 94?? Hoth? It comes with a Mynock.....

Am I in the wrong tread for this topic?

37 minutes ago, kwikonit said:

Still waiting for post to deliver mine.... what I'm trying to decide is how to set it up in the house...eventually want to do a moc with it in Docking Bay 327? Mos Eisley Bay 94?? Hoth? It comes with a Mynock.....

Am I in the wrong tread for this topic?

Yes you are in the wrong thread. This is a 75192 mod topic, the one to post such is here https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/153849-press-release-75192-ucs-millennium-falcon-2017/ . 

On 19.10.2017 at 6:18 PM, bricksmarlin said:

The tubes are from an old 4504 falcon! The lighting system is called "Light Stax"! The black part you mention is called Power Brick! Here is another picture! You can build directly on it, or you can use an extension cable for longer distances!

[...]

part 32324 x1
2x4 Brick    x2
2x8 Plate    x1
1x8 Plate    x1
54200         x2
2412b         x3
3794b         x2
6231           x2
48656         x2
30413         x1
4599b         x1
98138         x1
56902         x2

You can find a better picture on page one of this thread! If the picture is not enough, I'll make new ones!

Hi, total newbie here so please be gentle.

It has been 20 years since my last big lego set and after waiting 8 years i was lucky to get the UCS Falcon on Day 1.

Your mods are incredible. I was also planning to use Light-Stax for the engine and Cockpit. An the mandible-area will get your design as well.

Could you provide a part-list for the engine-modification (replacing the tubes with transparent bricks)?

I guess i will keep the underside simple, but part-list and a better closeup of your modded "between-the-mandible"-underside would be awesome as well. 

On 27/10/2017 at 2:15 PM, McSpain said:

I guess i will keep the underside simple, but part-list and a better closeup of your modded "between-the-mandible"-underside would be awesome as well. 

I second that. Big newbie here too, but that mandible mod is outstanding and deserves a good explaination. :)

Thanks.

So I need one more order to finish it, but it’s a bricks and pieces order. It was shipped the 20th to Washington USA.

anyone know how long it takes?

On 21/10/2017 at 4:36 PM, BigEl said:

I have only seen visual mods so far, soo to all the building experts: Opinions on the stability/ structural integrity of the mandibles? They were the obvious weak point of the first UCS Falcon...

When I look at my model, the mandibles are dropping down a little bit downards at the front and also a bit to the side. Doesnt seem or feel instable or wobbly, but the mandibles are mostly held up by one black 2 x 8 Plate connection and I wonder about the longevity of the construction. Would be interesting to hear some opinions.

I've just posted about it in the main Falcon thread, but my left mandible has dropped dramatically since the ship has been built, it looks terrible

Not a mod but for those interested about when the Black VIP Cards will come in their mailbox I emailed LEGO and I got this response back.

"The Millennium Falcon VIP cards are currently being produced and should reach all the consumers who purchased a Millennium Falcon around the end of November. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

Sucks to hear they won't be here until then but I guess they underestimated the popularity of this set.

Hi !

Thanks to this topic my FM has reached a new "awesomeness" level ! :) 

I did the Efferman's stand (Thanks for the instructions ! it was perfect !) and put some LED (I think I will change them, they have too much space between each light) : 

26483529569_8f5636f452.jpg

I did some stuff inside in the "empty room" but I'm not fully pleased yet.

Edited by sancoli

75192 cockpit mods.  Mods allow for one stud gap between pilots and passengers and maximizes the cockpit area.

1. At the rear of the cockpit, remove the two 1x2 modified plates with rails and replace with plates to fill the gaps left behind from the removal of the 1x2 modified plates with rails.  This will allow for the maximum cockpit platform area.

38259859766_62f5956bf4.jpg

2. Extend the length of cockpit platform by one stud by adding a 1x4 plate at the front of the cockpit platform.  This will place the platform flush with the front of the cockpit.  Add two 1x2 jumper plates and two 1x2 grills for "seats" for two passengers.  Add greebling such as deflector shield flashing alarm, auxiliary power lock in, etc.

38259872036_f26b1d1782.jpg

3. Reinforce the bottom of the cockpit platform with plates.  Do not extend plates below the bottom of the axle.

38282968772_d39d53c9d7.jpg

38282965972_0cbdb768a7.jpg

38259865766_d3a94a8308.jpg

4. Seat minifigures on the cockpit platform.

38282973462_1302e6ed4a.jpg

38282978182_4d33c2ec63.jpg

37598759804_9e7d7e423e.jpg

5. Attach the cockpit windshield to the Falcon.

37598799974_c3c7303f62.jpg

37598795954_04ef948cd5.jpg

38259849156_646935e3d7.jpg

24444084528_44052c5971.jpg

Hey guys, here is another small update of the WIP on my falcon!
At the moment I'm adding a little bit of interior (not movie accurate / just for the fun), hope you like it anyway!

gallery_8754_6681_49516.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_120241.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_72880.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_136676.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_81461.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_107988.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_95872.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_61290.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_136465.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_128350.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_34477.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_24338.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_115939.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_104718.jpg

Just finished building the Efferman stand (awesome stand) and disaster struck while trying to attach the Falcon to it. I had my hand on a not so secure point and partially dropped it causing about 50 or so pieces to come off of various locations. Spent half the night going through the instructions trying to find where they go but still have five to find. Ugh.

So as stated before, if you're doing this stand, be careful, have help and take anything loose off the top prior to attempting to attach it.

Marlin, you're second room looks great.  I think if you wanted you could definitely add more greebling to blend it with all the piping above.

On 11.11.2017 at 6:01 PM, bricksmarlin said:

Hey guys, here is another small update of the WIP on my falcon!
At the moment I'm adding a little bit of interior (not movie accurate / just for the fun), hope you like it anyway!

AWESOME!

I like it very much...:thumbup:

On 15.11.2017 at 8:16 PM, Schneeds said:

Marlin, you're second room looks great.  I think if you wanted you could definitely add more greebling to blend it with all the piping above.

Thanks Schneeds!
And yes, you're right, I think I have to add a little bit more greebling and details into the second room!
I will try to revise the room on the weekend!

By the way, I love your Death Star Room!:wub:
That's just fantastic! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

4 hours ago, chaosbaer said:

AWESOME!

I like it very much...:thumbup:

Thanks chaosbaer!

Since I've not the permit to open the box before Christmas (it was the deal with my wife when I got it :P) I still can't physically apply the mods, but I'm following this thread with big interest.

The first mod ever I'll do is to change those horrible engines tubes with a proper one so I tried to reconstruct @will and @bricksmarlin ones with LDD. I went with 1x1 round studs because I like them but it took a bit of effort to keep all together. :)

with my mod you don't need to change anything in the original structure, just remove tubes, grids (I'm still thinking about them but I guess I won't attach them; too ugly) and the little piece in the center. It could be left but I prefer a full row of engines, without interruptions.

Then connect the new engines with studs on sides and the new little block in the center. No idea if it's stable enough to keep it up, maybe i needs some pieces below to touch the bottom plate.

Ok, here are images:

image.png

This is the full new engine. As you see it connects to the main ships with the tubes studs (just need to change 43093 with 2780 (and use two instead of three).

I think it can be done with even shortes sections, like 2x2 but I'm not sure it's worth it.

image.png

Here's the piece sort-of-connected (imagine it in one piece, I didn't want to get crazy with LDD stupid alignment). ;)

And, because of LDD limit with alignments, I don't know if the distance of the center block is correct. Maybe it needs one or more layer of 2x3 pieces.

image.png

This is the original central connection to be removed (or just leave it if you like engine in two pieces and mod a bit the two arcs.

image.png

A detail of main ship connections. Still no idea about how to keep the engine tight, so the round pieces are just an idea.

If anyone wants to give it a try without waiting for 12/25 I'm attaching the LXF file below (with only the back part because my 2012 Mini can't manage all the 7000+ pieces). Many thanks to @Migui94 for providing the project. :)

New engine: LDD project

Edited by Lock
trying to figure out a way to attach the LXF file. :)

Since I've not the permit to open the box before Christmas (it was the deal with my wife when I got it :P) I still can't physically apply the mods, but I'm following this thread with big interest.

The first mod ever I'll do is to change those horrible engines tubes with a proper one so I tried to reconstruct Will and Bricksmarlin ones with LDD. I went with 1x1 round studs because I like them but it took a bit of effort to keep all together. :)

with my mod you don't need to change anything in the original structure, just remove tubes, grids (I'm still thinking about them but I guess I won't attach them; too ugly) and the little piece in the center. It could be left but I prefer a full row of engines, without interruptions.

Then connect the new engines with pins on sides and the new little block in the center. No idea if it's stable enough to keep it up, maybe i needs some pieces below to touch the bottom plate.

Ok, here are images:

image.png

This is the full new engine. As you see it connects to the main ships with the tubes pins (just need to change 43093 with 2780 (and use two instead of three)

image.png

Here's the piece sort-of-connected (imagine it in one piece, I didn't want to get crazy with LDD stupid alignment). ;)

image.png

This is the original central connection to be removed (or just leave it if you like engine in two pieces and mod a bit the two arcs.

image.png

A detail of main ship connections. Still no idea about how to keep the engine tight, so the round pieces are just an idea.

If anyone wants to give it a try without waiting for 12/25 I'm attaching the LXF file below. :)

Update: Gave it a try with 2x2. Not sure if the structure is solid enough but whatever:

image.png

image.png

Edited by Lock

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm not nearly as good as any of you guys, but I did some work on the area in between the mandibles, made a lower gunner seat, and filled in an interior. Would love to hear some opinions on how to improve them. I have some videos of them on youtube. Thanks all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3roa6qBm54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4zjQd_V-_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbu5QmqsOxI

Last engine mod, I guess I'll go with this:

def._engine.png

Now everything is modular, and connected with pins. No mods are required to the main ship.

Maybe the last row of flat tiles is too much, but with LDD it's not possible to manage big pieces.

23 hours ago, joeperry25 said:

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm not nearly as good as any of you guys, but I did some work on the area in between the mandibles, made a lower gunner seat, and filled in an interior. Would love to hear some opinions on how to improve them. I have some videos of them on youtube. Thanks all!

Very interesting mods, I like the door idea, it would be interesting to see if it can be done with only one stud, so to use 3 or 4 layers.

I also like the bedroom idea, not so much the wc. :)

Edited by Lock

2 hours ago, Lock said:

Last engine mod, I guess I'll go with this:

Now everything is modular, and connected with pins. No mods are required to the main ship.

Maybe the last row of flat tiles is too much, but with LDD it's not possible to manage big pieces.

Very interesting mods, I like the door idea, it would be interesting to see if it can be done with only one stud, so to use 3 or 4 layers.

I also like the bedroom idea, not so much the wc. :)

Thank you, you prevented me from a long LDD screentime.

Efferman stand works very well, will add a 2nd, slighlty shifted layer of leds after the rebuilding of the engine section.

dpa_cqvw0aegolb.jpglazoodd.jpg

Ok, time for another (virtual mod): the kiss room.

Looking at official MF maps it's quite evident that the kiss (aka Rey, Finn and BB8 lighter one) room is placed in the wrong place (there should have been the beds) so here's my idea:

I'll build that room "specular" compared to original one and place it on the right part of the ship instead or left. And then, later, I'll make a new one with beds.

I also modified the hidden compartment and added a new one.

Here are some photos:

MillenniumMOC-Bacio-02.jpg

Double compartment space!

MillenniumMOC-Bacio-06.jpg

Extra, bigger, hidden compartment.

MillenniumMOC-Bacio-03.jpg

My mod on the left, original one on the right.

If you want to read a bit more about that (along with other mods I'm going to add) you can follow this "english google translated" link:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.lemonskin.net/io/10890&usg=ALkJrhg1rhnBrVXi9g-VcOJGeMIxfCiGfw#stanza_bacio

:)