ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

11 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

The tubes are from an old 4504 falcon! The lighting system is called "Light Stax"! The black part you mention is called Power Brick! Here is another picture! You can build directly on it, or you can use an extension cable for longer distances!

gallery_8754_6681_125091.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_52481.jpg

The piece between the mandible is made of:

part 32324 x1
2x4 Brick    x2
2x8 Plate    x1
1x8 Plate    x1
54200         x2
2412b         x3
3794b         x2
6231           x2
48656         x2
30413         x1
4599b         x1
98138         x1
56902         x2

You can find a better picture on page one of this thread! If the picture is not enough, I'll make new ones!

Thank you! The pics on pg1 and the parts list will be enough. And thanks for the light info as well.

Edited by sed6

On 10/18/2017 at 9:26 PM, sed6 said:
  On 10/18/2017 at 6:17 PM, Juggernaut192 said:

Awesome MOD... with LEDs should I worry about how long I have the lights on, and whether or not it's going to melt or deteriorate the plastic? Any thoughts? 

Thanks! No worries about heat or melting. Some high power LED's do put out lots of heat, but not these little strip LED's, mine are cool to the touch after hours of use 

There's no UV being emitted by these lights not to worry unless you get uv bulbs

Well, still need one bricklink order, but I’ll post my progress. (I’m also bad at Flickr:/)

C8512D15-4122-4662-9B04-CA8F98347EB9

so it’s based on 75192 but as of right now it has about 7800ish bricks.

BEEC1266-1535-4F59-A7A2-2E18D3D3500F

fixed the bad gap on both top on bottom panels by adding a 1x3 plate and a 3x3 wedge.

AA75E0DF-3639-4D1B-B1F4-395990D02511

new cockpit interior.

593B2EDA-CF8D-4CD4-8C02-1C7520123442

this part was difficult since I wanted to remove only part of it to get into the interior. So what you do is flip this panel up.

54BA09D7-5175-4E37-B277-E63F32F315AA

then you remove the panel like so...

AEADB988-61DE-4490-B37A-9E30657CB85D

to get to room one.

08690C29-0E40-4277-8C89-642EF4F9EAA1

F28472FE-0A36-45D1-B161-E46670DDA45A

room 2.

CAC8E44F-08B1-4416-8FF9-8AE3A6A496E4

room 3 with OT dish.

F8352038-8B22-414F-AD73-AA61B848BED4

TFA dish.

7142324D-9287-4CF2-9DC9-5AB6CEF80D99

room 4.

729484FB-BAB3-45B6-8E07-D8137B0AFC211EE26DF5-A55D-4DE9-B90D-0CB40B64AE9E

top view.

8884E798-E799-468F-8EB7-09118814DB22

new underside panels.

A42E561B-BF02-46A5-8DD3-C7EBBFD81403

So that’s it! What do ya think?

(sorry my photos aren’t to good:/ )

Edited by Shadow_brick

5 hours ago, Shadow_brick said:

So that’s it! What do ya think?

Looks great so far! I bet it'll look better when it's finished. The only thing I would suggest changing at this point is the game table and the chairs around it. Might I suggest getting the dejarik table from 75105 and then some tan pieces like 75105 and 75192? 

HI guys, I cannot wait to mod my Falcon! (still in the box).

I have two 50cm led kits on hand (that can be cut if needed).

Will 50 cm be long enough for the “curve” needed?

Also, have some of you tried to use two strips of leds? I am not worried about brightness, but I thought it might improve light uniformity. On every posted picture, the light looks quite uniform, but I am wondering if the camera is helping that or not.

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Looks great so far! I bet it'll look better when it's finished. The only thing I would suggest changing at this point is the game table and the chairs around it. Might I suggest getting the dejarik table from 75105 and then some tan pieces like 75105 and 75192? 

Yeah I just winged room 1 and 4 because I had been building for a month, and I was getting tired. so any ideas on how to change rooom 1?

Edited by Shadow_brick

I have only seen visual mods so far, soo to all the building experts: Opinions on the stability/ structural integrity of the mandibles? They were the obvious weak point of the first UCS Falcon...

When I look at my model, the mandibles are dropping down a little bit downards at the front and also a bit to the side. Doesnt seem or feel instable or wobbly, but the mandibles are mostly held up by one black 2 x 8 Plate connection and I wonder about the longevity of the construction. Would be interesting to hear some opinions.

@Shadow_brick

I love the interior! That's what I'm REALLY looking forward to modifying when I finally get a hold of 75192 (probably next year since I'm not a waitlist...). The 75192 has a large empty space in the bottom right so I think it would be awesome to put another large room with small smuggling compartment below. :)

15 minutes ago, Ninjanomkey512 said:

@Shadow_brick

I love the interior! That's what I'm REALLY looking forward to modifying when I finally get a hold of 75192 (probably next year since I'm not a waitlist...). The 75192 has a large empty space in the bottom right so I think it would be awesome to put another large room with small smuggling compartment below. :)

Thanks:) the empty space is strange. You think if they are making a $800 set, they would pack it full of stuff.

but it still has an interior so that’s a plus over 10179

40 minutes ago, BigEl said:

I have only seen visual mods so far, soo to all the building experts: Opinions on the stability/ structural integrity of the mandibles? They were the obvious weak point of the first UCS Falcon...

When I look at my model, the mandibles are dropping down a little bit downards at the front and also a bit to the side. Doesnt seem or feel instable or wobbly, but the mandibles are mostly held up by one black 2 x 8 Plate connection and I wonder about the longevity of the construction. Would be interesting to hear some opinions.

I agree with the mandibles dropping. Being an owner of the 10179, I must say the drooping seems to have (visually and subjectively) gotten worse since I first built it. I temporarily pillars under the mandibles, but while fixing the drooping, in worsened the looks.

I remember that the drooping was evident from day one. Is that still the case with the newer version?

11 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Better seats?

D3153C08-F46C-439B-B57A-492D0D8A11AB

4 hours ago, legocharles said:

Also, have some of you tried to use two strips of leds? I am not worried about brightness, but I thought it might improve light uniformity. On every posted picture, the light looks quite uniform, but I am wondering if the camera is helping that or not.

For my 10179 I used two strips of LEDs.  It was one strip for the bottom half of the engine from right to left, then put a twist in the strip and string it back across the top from left to right.  I had to add some small columns of bricks behind the LEDs to keep them in place. 

5 hours ago, legocharles said:

HI guys, I cannot wait to mod my Falcon! (still in the box).

I have two 50cm led kits on hand (that can be cut if needed).

Will 50 cm be long enough for the “curve” needed?

50cm is plenty. Each rear engine grate measures 22cm so 44cm total. Less since you'll be working in the inside and the diameter is smaller. One thin strip is perfect to hide behind the center blue tube. Two strips centered would shine between the tubes. One is more than enough! I cheated and used a tiny bit of clear tape (hey at least it's not Kragle) to keep the LED strips pulled tight at each end to prevent the strip from sagging. Have fun, its really easy.

Flattened out the rear, looks much better to me.

2017-10-21_09-45-48

Edited by sed6

16 hours ago, sed6 said:

*Snip*

Looks great!

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

On 10/20/2017 at 8:53 PM, Shadow_brick said:

Well, still need one bricklink order, but I’ll post my progress. (I’m also bad at Flickr:/) So that’s it! What do ya think?

BEEC1266-1535-4F59-A7A2-2E18D3D3500F

fixed the bad gap on both top on bottom panels by adding a 1x3 plate and a 3x3 wedge.

I really like you work! No way I can make such mods myself. Mine are simple but I still cringe everytime I remove or add a piece, getting father away from the original design (though they sure left us with a lot of options).

I filled the gap with a little wing from my old collection. 2 pairs will do both sides. I need to clean them up in hydrogen peroxide to get their coloring restored.

2017-10-21_10-06-57

10 hours ago, legocharles said:

I agree with the mandibles dropping. Being an owner of the 10179, I must say the drooping seems to have (visually and subjectively) gotten worse since I first built it. I temporarily pillars under the mandibles, but while fixing the drooping, in worsened the looks.

I remember that the drooping was evident from day one. Is that still the case with the newer version?

Not really. My mandibles have about 5mm of vertical flex. So half that, 2.5mm of droop? Totally acceptable to me. Besides once I get it hung on the wall it won't droop at all.

Edited by sed6

I filled in the area between the mandibles. I covered the plates using only greeblies I had left over from the build. I also moved the landing light in, again more to scale. I need to replace them with yellow or clear, and get them lit next!

2017-10-21_10-27-34

Edited by sed6

16 hours ago, sed6 said:

*Snip*

Can you share your process or open it up and show the interior parts on where you did your changes?

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

27 minutes ago, cehnot said:

Can you share your process or open it up and show the interior parts on where you did your changes?

Sure, it was easy, I just removed lots of pieces. The pic below is of the bottom section. I removed all the red, and removed the white and yellow hinges. I used a 2x4 plate to seal the hinge line and make it non flexible. Same for the top, I just kept removing pieces until it sat flush.

2017-10-22_12-24-45

7 hours ago, sed6 said:

Looks much better. Might have to have a go one mine. 

Does the curve have a purpose on the rear? All the falcon models do not curve. I think if I buy this I will combine so many different ideas from other falcon mics it may not look or feel similar to this model anymore. The more I look at the model the more I see all the issues I will want to fix on the exterior. One, being the center circle around the gun turret is too large. Second, the placement of the 4 circular maintenance holes in the mandibles. Third, the 6 circular vents in the back. Fourth, the shape of the rear. Fifth, somehow figuring out how to build a full interior. And sixth, rebuild the entire underside. These major issues may have solutions if we combine the exterior with Marshal Banana, jaelon, and Khaled falcon solutions. I love how Khaled figured out a way to use hinges to open up the top. Since the top isn't a structural issue, I feel like we could build a better technic stucture to house these lovely compartments. I saw what Marshal did to the side air docks and those work beautifully on his new freighter. I understand we would need to worry about weight and bowing. I am sure there is a way to do corridors and still have the walls meet the roof with bricks or plates connecting both sides of the corridor doors and hallways. 

Just now, cehnot said:

Does the curve have a purpose on the rear? All the falcon models do not curve. I think if I buy this I will combine so many different ideas from other falcon mics it may not look or feel similar to this model anymore. The more I look at the model the more I see all the issues I will want to fix on the exterior. One, being the center circle around the gun turret is too large. Second, the placement of the 4 circular maintenance holes in the mandibles. Third, the 6 circular vents in the back. Fourth, the shape of the rear. Fifth, somehow figuring out how to build a full interior. And sixth, rebuild the entire underside. These major issues may have solutions if we combine the exterior with Marshal Banana, jaelon, and Khaled falcon solutions. I love how Khaled figured out a way to use hinges to open up the top. Since the top isn't a structural issue, I feel like we could build a better technic stucture to house these lovely compartments. I saw what Marshal did to the side air docks and those work beautifully on his new freighter. I understand we would need to worry about weight and bowing. I am sure there is a way to do corridors and still have the walls meet the roof with bricks or plates connecting both sides of the corridor doors and hallways. 

Curve? Like the frame shape?

Sorry, I meant the lip sticking up and down along the rear engine exhausts. They curve up toward the rear center on the top and down on the bottom. Sed fixed this problem in his Falcon. I just wonder why LEGO did this. The curved shape i unow is suppose to be a circle. Sorry I misspoke.