23696072778_d18e3ddee1_c.jpg

for the engine glow i have used thisr

37515748482_90e198e6a9_c.jpg

some changes on the internals was necessary

37515749832_fbbe1a704b_c.jpg

37547276701_9309b8dcd6_c.jpg

23694967258_fae59fe852_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Looks really good. I doubled my strand up because my LED's are a bit further apart but it has a slight twinkle setting which makes it look like the engines are really on. Try that if you have that feature on yours. Really brings it to life rather then just a static glow. Nice work. 

Turns out, fixing the cockpit is simpler than I described earlier. Swapping out the 2 1x2 with slides for standard 1x2s/1x4 and then replacing the 2x6 plate with 4 1x2 jumpers is enough to make the figures sit properly behind Chewie. This is one of my only gripes with the set. It's not hard to fix, so why wasn't it done?

36881410363_0c2abc5847_z.jpg

23698851808_336fe22950_k.jpg

On mine its a gentle twinkle not overly fast or slow but feels like the engines are powered up. The don't go from dim to full power they just go slightly dimmer then back to full so it' s nice easy on the eye effect. 

As for Leia and 3PO don;t they just stand in the movies behind the seats? Don;t forget to add a smooth round button trans red button between the consoles. "Whats that flashing!"

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Turns out, fixing the cockpit is simpler than I described earlier. Swapping out the 2 1x2 with slides for standard 1x2s/1x4 and then replacing the 2x6 plate with 4 1x2 jumpers is enough to make the figures sit properly behind Chewie. This is one of my only gripes with the set. It's not hard to fix, so why wasn't it done?

36881410363_0c2abc5847_z.jpg

23698851808_336fe22950_k.jpg

That looks a lot better than what it was. Can't wait to do this to my own.

Really liking the vertical stand and looking at doing something like this for mine have got the instructions but they don’t have any parts list as far as I can see it’s my first time using these sites and The Lego design app, there’s probably something obvious I’m missing but is there a list outside of the instructions that I can use to order the pieces I need 

the vertical stand is not part of the set. Start the ldd, load this file and search in the menu for "export Bom" then open the excel file which will generated and you have your parts list

thank you so much I knew that the stand wasn't part of the set its just I'm unfamiliar with the ldd and these sort of programs so try and forgive me for my stupidity when I ask a probably simple question,

anyway thanks again

5 hours ago, efferman said:

no problem!

My falcon has a temporary landing platform

...and the award for displaying the largest ever Lego set on the worlds smallest shelf goes to this brave madman :sweet:

On 10/5/2017 at 1:18 PM, will said:

Ok, I've replaced all visible sand yellow/dark tan (whatever colour it is) on the top side. Changed the engine mod, and added lights. Haven't worked out how to get the lights to the outer bits of the engines but I can access the on/off switch from beneath. Not sure I like the bits below the engine, but had to fill the gap somehow.

2Nkp.jpg

6la5B.jpg5SwG.jpg

absolutely love this!! when i purchased it the first thing i thought to myself is that im going to remove all sand/olive pieces and replace them with grey ones so it resembles the 10179 more !

any particular steps/approach in doing this, from building to parts that need to be ordered? im going to have to order pieces and im sure not all olive / sand ones need to be replaced 

thanks 

1 hour ago, GordoRen said:

absolutely love this!! when i purchased it the first thing i thought to myself is that im going to remove all sand/olive pieces and replace them with grey ones so it resembles the 10179 more !

any particular steps/approach in doing this, from building to parts that need to be ordered? im going to have to order pieces and im sure not all olive / sand ones need to be replaced 

thanks 

I had quite a lot as spares, but you'll mainly want, 1x1 & 2x1 plates, 2x1 jumper plates, 1x2x1 panels, 1x1 & 1x2 tiles, and a couple of wedge plates. I only replaced anything on the top. No one will ever see the bottom! I also swapped the dark grey arches (in the mandibles) with the ones on the underside.

actually, just looked at the leftovers. Also two 6x16 plates, some 1x1 & 1x2 bricks and a few other plates and tiles. Have a look at the pieces in the back of the manual, and also look at the steps and photos and try and work out what's visible and what isn't.

use the online instructions if it's easier

edit: also two 4x4 tile with studs on edge (to replace the dark grey in the mandibles)

Edited by will

I didn't realize how much I didn't like the dark bluish gray diagonal stripe on the front mandible until after I had built it. Seeing the pictures here with those pieces replaced with light bluish gray makes it look so much better. I'm not sure why that coloration was added to this design. I can't find any reference photos that show a darkened stripe there. It only serves to disguise the holes in the mandibles, which are an important distinguishing feature. Swapping out the DBG for LBG pieces here will probably be my first modification to the ship once it's complete, if I can even wait that long.

Edited by Warbinator

2 hours ago, Warbinator said:

I didn't realize how much I didn't like the dark bluish gray diagonal stripe on the front mandible until after I had built it. Seeing the pictures here with those pieces replaced with light bluish gray makes it look so much better. I'm not sure why that coloration was added to this design. I can't find any reference photos that show a darkened stripe there. It only serves to disguise the holes in the mandibles, which are an important distinguishing feature. Swapping out the DBG for LBG pieces here will probably be my first modification to the ship once it's complete, if I can even wait that long.

If you want to learn more about the MF than 99% of even the die hard Star Wars fans take a looks at this thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232123&page=4

Note that the dark stripe came about when they made a digital version of the MF for the Special Editions and was actually only ever used in marketing material (Aka it never appeared in the film).  If you scroll all the way down on page 4 you'll see that image and I'd be willing to bet this is what the designers used as reference material.  Kind of a bummer.

Now to add additional fuel to the fire... In TFA this dark stripe also appears and disappears in the same scene.  Scroll to the bottom of this page:

https://imgur.com/a/pdEcg

I've been told that the dark stripe appeared on the trailer footage but when it all got rolled up for the movie no one went back in and fixed it.  I've spent waaay to much time researching the falcon for my own build...

21 hours ago, blbills said:

If you want to learn more about the MF than 99% of even the die hard Star Wars fans take a looks at this thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232123&page=4

Note that the dark stripe came about when they made a digital version of the MF for the Special Editions and was actually only ever used in marketing material (Aka it never appeared in the film).  If you scroll all the way down on page 4 you'll see that image and I'd be willing to bet this is what the designers used as reference material.  Kind of a bummer.

Now to add additional fuel to the fire... In TFA this dark stripe also appears and disappears in the same scene.  Scroll to the bottom of this page:

https://imgur.com/a/pdEcg

I've been told that the dark stripe appeared on the trailer footage but when it all got rolled up for the movie no one went back in and fixed it.  I've spent waaay to much time researching the falcon for my own build...

Interesting. Those are great reference photos! The CG SE version looks like it might have been the model that the set designers based the coloring on.

I noticed in imgur gallery that the dark gray stripes only seem to be apparent on the underside of the mandibles. They're on both the left and right side, but only in some shots.

I got the Lego 2017 Holiday Catalog in the mail today. 75192 Millennium Falcon was completely omit from it. I'm not expecting it to be available again until 2018.

How possibly hard can it be to ramp up production for a particular set!?

8 hours ago, romulan said:

I got the Lego 2017 Holiday Catalog in the mail today. 75192 Millennium Falcon was completely omit from it. I'm not expecting it to be available again until 2018.

How possibly hard can it be to ramp up production for a particular set!?

Very hard, you have to change molds, colors, clean re shuffle all other items that were lined up for production, the only saving grace is they likely scheduled a rerun in the factories so its likely a matter of just moving the schedule ahead a bit, all depends on what they currently have in production.